Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,858
    Aasim said:

Forrest=co-worker
    Misty=Forrest's girlfriend

I couldn't fit these two anywhere...tnx.
    They have been in previous runs, but I too didn't know who they were.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 1,001
    Whenever I post an update, I e-mail a link to Forrest to that post - this way he can see how his character and Misty are doing in the adventure. We talk about my runs sometimes. And I don't have any other family in the area I live, so seemed to make sense to have him and Misty take up spots #5 and #6.
    edited February 2017
    Björn headed south, bought a necklace of missiles and headed west where he helped Rufie, a dryad and a cat in a waterfall. He then killed Gnarl, Hairtooth, some assassins, some gnoll and picked up a useful tome.
    Heading north he killed more gnoll, a polar bear, Neville, some hobgoblins, and an ogre before heading north where he helped the archaeologist and Brage. Reputation now 20.
    I believe that it is now time to pick up some companions. Experience currently 28800.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Where can I find the "one day challenge"?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    RelSundan said:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60888/ascension-in-a-day

RelSundan said:

There's also Grond0's "One Day Challenge", which is going from Candlekeep to Melissan and winning in 24 hours or less - this is based on a vanilla (more or less) install. Aasim mentioned this one fairly recently - in his attempt, he got mazed by Abazigal.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited February 2017

RelSundan said:

There's also Grond0's "One Day Challenge"
    I supposed the link I put is exactly this Grond0's "One Day Challenge". :wink:

RelSundan said:

There's also Grond0's "One Day Challenge"
    I supposed the link I put is exactly this Grond0's "One Day Challenge". :wink:
    Hmm - yes it does appear to be that. Except when I actually look at the thread, it doesn't mention anything about Ascension (Grond0 mentions BGT) - so not sure why the link is "Ascension in a day" - oh wait now I remember - Grond0 doesn't mean the mod Ascension, but the verb (Ascending to Godhood when Melissan defeated). Got it.
    edited February 2017
    Björn joined up with Khalid and Jaheira before visiting Shoal. They killed Droth First, Jaheira falling for a second time in one battle. They rested and got revenge by killing Shoal. They cleared the southern area of sirene which boosted experience. :)

They then joined up with Xzar and Montarin, Montarin putting all his proficiency in pickpocketing. This caused Björn to think that they were not evil as pickpocketing is a relatively benign attribute.

Montarin used his skill to the utmost, picking up Algernon's cloak in Beregost and many a scroll at Ulgoth's Beard. However the comment made by Khalid that they were Zhent, caused Björn to realise that they were evil, and so they were dropped. That means that the party is once more without a mage. Björn is a fighter/cleric and Khalid is a cleric/ranger, so the party has enough clerics and tanks. (Thorin, a dwarven Defender, joined them at Ulgoth's Beard.) They killed numerous ankhegs north of the Friendly Arms Inn, and they will soon go looking for a mage and someone to disable traps.
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    Nice to see ya around again, Alesia! We missed you... :)

If you are at least semi-interested in the game again, I would suggest for you to think about trying Spell/Item Revisions mods. I'm running the former now and quite happy with it. Lots of new experience and much to learn about new spells/old spells behaviours. I think, you'll find them interesting to say the least :)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yaaaaay! @Alesia_B_H is back! Or at least, a very convincing doppelganger.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,324

Yaaaaay! @Alesia_B_H is back! Or at least, a very convincing doppelganger.

Don't be taken in - remember what happened to Durlag >:) (but in the unlikely event that really is Alesia then good to hear from you :p).
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

Heya! It's me, Alesia!

(Rockin' a new account since I lost track of my original login.)

(Some of you may doubt it's really me, but those of you who know me will surely recognize the combination of loopy diction and semi-insightful commentary before long. Yuppers, indeedy!)

Anyhoo. I'm just stopping by to say hey, and to let everyone know that I'm glad to see the challenge alive and well. I don't expect to play anytime soon, but who knows: I am getting semi-interested in the game again. We'll see.

Good hunting, everyone!

Best,

A.

Welcome back, @Alesia_B_H

Looking forward to the adventures and the commentary.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,324
    Good to see you surging into BG2 Corey.
    Quick note about Corewild and his band of wild mages and his berserker tank: They have made it out of Irenicus' dungeon - will keep at it - at a chess tourney right now, so won't be able to play that much...
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    @semiticgod

I don't know why Comet gets bugged like this. The problem is in it's .pro file for some reason, just flag it to affect only enemies.