Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The kitten backs away. Obviously, it's not interested in her cake.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    "Aerie, do you want to try to get the kitty cat out from under the bed because it doesn't like cake and I haven't got anything else."

Leaving the others to coax the cat out Alora will search the room.
    Minion, roll 1d100
    After some searching, Alora finds a secret compartment in the desk. Inside is a scroll in fuzzy magical writing.
    "Edwin! Come look! I think I've found a scroll with magic on it!"
    Edwin ambles over and looks at the scroll. "Very good. Indeed you have. Hmm... This one shows promise. Perhaps I won't use her as a testing subject yet..."
    Alora beams with happiness.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    "What have you found redcloak?"
    Edwin glances at Arkanis. "Nothing you would understand... or be interested in."
    There are four total doors in this room, one on each wall. The one where you entered (to the west), one to the north, one to the south, and one to the east.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    “So it’s not a recipe for a new ale...”
    Alora will listen and check for traps on the door to the east.
    edited October 2018
    The door is not locked, and she can find no traps.

Inside, you see a wash room. A mirror is hung on the east wall. In front of the mirror is a wash stand. On top of the wash stand is a porcelain bowl filled with water. A statue stands in front of the wash stand. The statue is of an old man with long hair and a beard. The man wears robes covered with magical symbols. The statue looks like a man trimming his beard with a pair of scissors. The room is 10' wide by 30' long. This room has two doors. The one you entered through in the west, and a door to the south.
    Alora will search the room. If she finds nothing she will go back to the kitten room and try the door to the north.
    All right. The door to the north opens into a strangely shaped room, about 15' wide and running about 35' from southeast to northwest. There is a door to the east and an archway to the northwest. A Statue of a yoong girl playing with a dove is in the southeastern corridor of the room. A large hand-carved bookcase stands next to the northeastern wall. Two wooden benches are in front of two southeastern-facing windows have scrolls lying open upon them. Two women stand next to one of the benches. Both women wear leather armor and carry swords. One of the women have just unrolled a scroll and is reading it.

Both women are unusually attractive, one with long blonde hair, the other with hair of deep auburn. You are not close enough to see their eye color from here, but each wear their hair in practical styles suited for close-quarters combat.
    "Hi there. Have either of you lost a kitten? Because there's one under the bed in here and I can't get it to come out," says Alora.
    The two women wheel around, not having noticed Alora's entrance. "A kitten?" the Auburn haired one says, "Like this one, you mean?" She held up the scroll she was looking at. On the parchment was the drawing of a small black kitten, looking very innocent and wide-eyed.

There were definitely similarities between the drawing and the kitten.

"It's not mine," the blonde said in her surprisingly deep voice, a husky contralto. "Or Duchess', either."

The auburn-haired woman nodded her agreement,

"Hello," she said with a smile. "I'm Duchess, This is my friend, Candela. We got here early yesterday, looking for adventure. i'm not sure we're exactly ready for this place, though. We only just avoided being killed by monsters. We didn't see any kitten, though."

The blonde nodded her agreement. "How did you make it here?" she asked.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Aerie was immediately suspicious of the strange women. She threw a knowing glance at Anomen, hoping he still had a Detect Evil packed away.
    OOC: nope, it was being useless so I traded it for a CLW which I already used. I am guessing they are dryad's.
    "Greetings. I am Anomen Delryn, squire of Sir Ryan Trawl of Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart. The large fellow there, with the rodent on his shoulder is Minsc, The dwarf is Arkanis, The one in red robes is Edwin, the fair lady is Aerie, the girl is Alora, and the gnome... well ignore the gnome for now, just wild magic gone terribly wrong. It does go by Tiax however. Did you two have a strange dream too?"
    Alora tugs at Anomen's sleeve. "Anomen, Anomen," she whispers urgently, "You forgot to tell them that I'm the leader."
    "Pleased to meet you," Duchess says. "No dream. Just stumbled across this place. There was a thin place to access this castle, so we decided to take a chance and explore."

She offers her hand. It has sword calluses on it, so she's used to using the sword.
    *extends his well manicured hand in return to shake it.*

Perhaps you two would want to accompany us as we attempt to reverse the evil that has befallen upon this place. I am sure the girl would allow us to split any treasure. It is always better to travel in greater numbers.
    edited October 2018
    "That sounds fine to me," Duchess says. Her handshake is firm and brief. "Candela and I are pleased to stand with you."

"Indeed," the husky-voiced blonde says. She looks you over, and her gaze lights on Aerie. "A Cleric... though I don't recognize your deity. A cleric is good to have."
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
    OOC: I have a horrible feeling about this. Oh well.
    Alora is annoyed. She has got her teapot on (again). "When Anomen said you get a share of the treasure he obviously meant you get a share of his share of the treasure. He can't go giving away other people's share of the treasure. This is a democracy and I'm in charge. So long as that is understood you are welcome to tag along."
    Most of the scrolls and papers here are blank and empty. Through the archway, you can see a 50' by 40' room. In the center of the room is a large canopy bed with dark red heavy curtains. The curtains are all closed. Three matching rugs lay side by side on the floor. The room also contains a long wooden dresser, a matching chest of drawers, and a large, stuffed easy chair.

There is a door across the room on the north wall.
    The two women laugh (Politely). "Oh we understand," Candela says with a nod.

"Completely." Duchess says. They share a look, then return to searching.
    Alora gives up trying to talk sense to Anomen. She turns her attention to Edwin. "Edwin, I don't like these big girls," she whispers. "I think they are up to something. What kind of name is Duchess? Where is she duchess of? You can't be the duchess of nowhere in particular. And Candela, isn't that some kind of venereal disease?"
    "Duchess can be a name by itself," Edwin says. "But I shall keep an eye on them in any case."
This discussion has been closed.