Skip to content

[MOD] Afaaq, the Djinni Companion for BG2 and BG2:EE released

Comments

• axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    argent77 said:

@axellslade Did you talk to Lord Logan again after you imprisoned the Dao leader? Afaik, Jenia only spawns after finishing the Dao quest officially. Or, since she spawns off screen you might have missed her by walking into the opposite direction. Look for her somewhere in the vicinity of the Mayor's house.

(Btw, you can finish the skinner quest slightly differently if the djinni is already tagging along with your party.)

@argent77 I did talk to him, and since I'm playing an evil party and slaughtered the whole druid enclave by poisoning the water, he refuses to talk to me again after saying some mean words to my character. :blush:

Jenia was nowhere in town as far as I know, I even used the console to teleport to some unreachable areas of Trademeet up north and she wasn't there. Even went as far to check inside every single building and waiting 7 in-game days and doing this all over.

In the end I brute-forced my way by spawning her with the console, she immediately came in my direction and initiated dialog as she normally does after you leave the tent after doing the quest the vanilla way.

No idea if something went bonkers and some script did not fire or somethin'.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277

argent77 said:

@axellslade Did you talk to Lord Logan again after you imprisoned the Dao leader? Afaik, Jenia only spawns after finishing the Dao quest officially. Or, since she spawns off screen you might have missed her by walking into the opposite direction. Look for her somewhere in the vicinity of the Mayor's house.

(Btw, you can finish the skinner quest slightly differently if the djinni is already tagging along with your party.)

@argent77 I did talk to him, and since I'm playing an evil party and slaughtered the whole druid enclave by poisoning the water, he refuses to talk to me again after saying some mean words to my character. :blush:

Jenia was nowhere in town as far as I know, I even used the console to teleport to some unreachable areas of Trademeet up north and she wasn't there. Even went as far to check inside every single building and waiting 7 in-game days and doing this all over.
    Not a bug. Jenia only appears if you're named hero of Trademeet.
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47

argent77 said:

Not a bug. Jenia only appears if you're named hero of Trademeet.
    Oh? Did not know that, since it's Guildmistress Busya who offers the quest and also who you turn it in to in the vanilla game.
    No idea they were linked together.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Hello,

Currently testing EET, I have got 2 issues with Afaaq, i'm sorry if it's not new.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jc7que05qugwp3/000000085-afaaq bug.7z?dl=0

Here, Afaaq got forced to retreat and I can't leave the area, I waited 7 in game hours through ctrl T so he would respawn. Asking him to stop behaving oddly didn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scm3bol2nksimjy/000000086-afaaq bug no soulcage.7z?dl=0

Here, I had the talk with the Menarl family earlier, I went to kill the Arabani and now the Menarl family isn't there anymore even though I got the insignia.

Great mod though, thanks.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC4
    ~FISHINGFORTROUBLE/SETUP-FISHINGFORTROUBLE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core Files: Fishing for Trouble by Yovaneth: v3.1.1 pre-release
    ~FISHINGFORTROUBLE/SETUP-FISHINGFORTROUBLE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Optional: Add portraits for 63 major NPCs in Fishing for Trouble: v3.1.1 pre-release
    ~FISHINGFORTROUBLE/SETUP-FISHINGFORTROUBLE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Optional: Add Fishing for Trouble areas to the BP-BGT-Worldmap: v3.1.1 pre-release
    ~WANDCASE/WANDCASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wand Case: v1.3
    ~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Restored Locations: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #1 // Restored Characters and Dialogs: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #2 // Restored Sounds: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #3 // Restored Items: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #4 // Restored Wish Options: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #5 // Restored XP for Minor Things: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #6 // Lich Deril: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #7 // Restored Random Encounters: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #8 // Minor Restorations: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #11 // Restored Final Slayer Dream: v8.2.6
    ~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #13 // Restored Waukeen's Promenade Cutscene: v8.2.6
    ~DJINNICOMPANION/SETUP-DJINNICOMPANION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Afaaq, the Djinni Companion -> Full Version (includes quests, banters and more): v2.3
    ~DJINNICOMPANION/SETUP-DJINNICOMPANION.TP2~ #0 #300 // Alternate djinni portrait by Ulb: v2.3
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Revised Armor -> Without Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #3 // Allow Spellcasting in Armor -> With Casting Speed Penalties for Arcane Casters: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #19 // Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 9
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For non-magical shields and helmets: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1270 // Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Change Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior (plainab) (BETA): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3093 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3103 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3113 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3230 // Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
    ~ANIMALCOMPANIONS/SETUP-ANIMALCOMPANIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Animal Companions For All Rangers (Optional: Druids)
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #225 // Revised Stalker: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #230 // Revised Archer: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #235 // Revised Beastmaster: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #250 // Revised Berserker and Rage: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #260 // Revised Kensai: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #265 // Revised Monk Fists: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #270 // Revised Blade & Skald: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #275 // Revised Shadowdancer: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #310 // Add the Corsair (fighter kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #322 // Add the Elven Archer (ranger kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #324 // Add the Halfling Slinger (ranger or fighter kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add the Barbarian Ranger (ranger kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #390 // Warrior Feats (beta): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #410 // Add the Sniper (thief kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #420 // Add the Scout (thief kit) and revise the Swashbuckler: 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #450 // Add the Jongleur (bard kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #460 // Add the Loremaster (bard kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #470 // Add the Gallant (bard kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #480 // Add the Meistersinger (bard kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #490 // Add the Loresinger (bard kit): 2.7.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #500 // Add Multiclass Kits: 2.7.1
    ~BEARWALKER/SETUP-BEARWALKER.TP2~ #0 #0 // BEAR WALKER KIT for Enhanced Editions.
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #26 // Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests: 1.3
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal and incorporeal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #204 // Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #205 // Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #211 // Make Death Ward protect against Vorpal Hits: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #213 // Expanded saving throw bonus tables for Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #216 // Bard songs break invisibility -> Only the Jester song breaks invisibility: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #270 // Unbiased quest rewards: v4.50
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #102 // IWO - Functional Weapon Tweaks: v5.3
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #121 // WPO - Weapon Category Collapse: v5.3
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #124 // WPO - Fighting Style Changes: v5.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Teleport spell: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Consistent NPC appearance: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Adjust total XP CAP: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Adjust XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Adjust XP for killing creatures: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Adjust XP for quests: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #12 // More bandit scalps: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Disable item shattering for enemies: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #16 // Adjust BG1 weapon shattering: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Adjust familiar death consequences: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #28 // Remove junk from global scripts: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Restore TotSC textscreens: 1.3
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Borderless Full Screen Worldmap: 1.3
    ~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.1
    ~SETUP-EET_END.TP2~ #0 #2 // Finalise EET (last mod in install order)
    ~FIXPID/FIXPID.TP2~ #0 #0 // fixPID: beta 0.1
    ~WWW.URSTUFF2ATHKATLA/WWW.URSTUFF2ATHKATLA.TP2~ #0 #0 // (Exploit) Don't nuke BG1 items at the start of BG2: v1.0
    ~HOTFIX/HOTFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // hotFix: beta 0.1
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    @GrimLefourbe Regarding "000000085-afaaq bug", the party could leave the area without issues in my EET installation. But that might be because I don't have any of your mods installed. Have you try to reload the save and leave again?

The only unusual I could find were two lingering spell effects which are applied when the djinni returns into his lamp. I've removed them, although I doubt it has anything to do with your issue: 000000185-afaaq bug (fixed).zip

Regarding "000000086-afaaq bug no soulcage", this is an EET incompatibility caused by different chapter numbers. In vanilla BG2 the drow and his entourage will leave in Chapter 6 (ie. after leaving the Underdark). The latest stable release has not yet been updated in this regard. Reinstalling the mod is probably out of question. But if you still have a save from before he left the area you could open A77005.BCS in NI and change GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) into GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",17)
    There may be more compatibility issues because of this (especially his banters may sometimes be out of place). There aren't many more quest-specific chapter checks though.
    Right, I went too fast, I can get out of the area too after loading the save though i'm pretty sure I couldn't change area so it must have been an issue with some non saved setting. My bad there.

Well, it's too late to make the change for this playthrough but i'll keep it in mind for my next test playthrough. Do you plan on updating the mod with these things soon? (could just be a commit on Github for my next install)

Can I just spawn the Afaaq's soulcage item and move on to simulate completion of it or do I need to update some variables as well ?

Thanks!
    This issue and more have already been fixed in the devel branch of the mod. I'll release a new stable version as soon as a new WeiDU version has been released (because of some badly needed new funtionality).

Spawning the soulcage is possible. You should also mark the quest as completed, just in case. Use the following commands:
    C:CreateItem("a7misc6") C:SetGlobal("A7Quest3","GLOBAL",10)
    edited August 2016
    Okay thanks, I'll look the devel branch next time, I should have thought of it.

On another note, I can't control Afaaq anymore, I can only talk to him, I tried to do the 2 command consoles but, expectedly, it didn't change anything. This time, I checked that reloading doesn't fix it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu7hr9pjto9bp0y/000000088-afaaq bug 2.7z?dl=0

Edit : :smiley: I hate this. I made it work by asking him to go in his lamp, then saving and reloading then making him go out again.
    It worked right after loading the save for me. I couldn't find anything unusual in his character file either. If he loses his controlled status for some reason (e.g. if the process of turning into a cloud or retreating into the lamp is interrupted), you may need to save and reload after using his fixing dialog to apply the changes.
    edited August 2016
    Ah well, quite the mystery, thank you for your time and sorry I wasted it.

Edit : I just saw that you have a commit for "Forbid entrance to drow encampment after drow disguise ended". This should remove the need to make them disappear after chapter 6 right since you can't have the drow disguise during chapter 6?
    edited September 2016
    Looks like there's a typo in the description of Adratha's remains quest :

It should be "her" instead of "here" right?

Same typo in Master Verthan's dialog relating to Adratha.
    Good catch! Will be fixed.
    By the way, any chance you'd revisit the mod at some point to add comments from Afaaq when visiting the Sword Coast in EET?
    edited September 2016
    I haven't thought about adding something in this regard yet. I'll see what I can do when EET has been officially released. Maybe I can add some new lines to Afaaq's advice section.
    Post edited by argent77 on

Not sure if bug or no but the mention of "I have watched you through your trials in hell" made me think this dialog might be meant to occur in ToB? Maybe I just took it too literally though, this happened to me in the 2nd or 3rd chapter.

(I'm on EET)
    That's right. This conversation should take place in ToB. The current version (v2.3) isn't fully compatible with EET yet. Chapter checks have not yet been adjusted for EET, that's why many conversations and other events may trigger incorrectly. You can install the latest development snapshot now (which is more or less final) or wait for the next public release.

I'm planning to release a new version very soon which fixes this issue and more, now that WeiDU v240 has been released.
    edited September 2016
    Edit: Yeah I used the wrong one even though I knew about it, i'm not a smart man.

Update: Afaaq, the Djinni Companion v2.4

Changes in v2.4:
    • Added full EET support.
    • Improved Afaaq's correction dialog.
    • Added pieces of advice about BG1 and SoD areas to Afaaq's PID (EET only).
    • Removed a duplicate line in skull purification dialog.
    • Fixed an incorrect condition in Afaaq's introduction talk.
    • Adapted previously hardcoded strings regarding familiars not allowed to execute specific actions (EEs only).
    • Textual fixes in Adratha side quest.
    The Djinni Companion mod relies on a game variable which is not set in EET 1.0 RC6 or older.

You can install the following mod to fix this issue if you're playing EET. It can be installed any time before starting the ToB part of the game.

Download: EET_ToB_Fix.zip (870 kb)
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2016
    Bug Report

Playing the current version using BG2:EE under Windows, I detected the following bug:

Somewhere between Watcher's Keep (ToB) and the Oasis I detected that Afaaq only moves for fighting.
    It's no longer possible to select him - you can only start a dialog.
    The "Dialog-Repair-Option" changes nothing.

If you wish I can send you a save file.
    @egbert Yes, I'd like to take a closer look. Can you attach a save (full "000000123-SaveName" folder)?
    @egbert I don't see anything wrong with Afaaq. He also behaved normally when I tested the save on my system. It could be an interference with another mod. Have you tried ordering him into the lamp and back, or changing his current AI mode?

Btw, I've noticed a couple of in-transit creatures stored in the Pocket Plane map which hints to a bug that happens sometimes when you play the game in multiplayer. I have removed these creatures from the map just in case, but that shouldn't have any impact on Afaaq's behavior.
    @argent77 Let me thank you first for your very fast responses. :)

- Following your answers, I "solved" the problem by quitting and restarting the game (with my own save).
    (Reloading with "Load game" does not solve it.)
    - I tried "in the lamp" and "out" without result.
    - I'm not sure how to change Afaaq's AI mode... ???
    edited December 2016
    It could have been a random quirk of the game engine.
    egbert said:

- I'm not sure how to change Afaaq's AI mode... ???

You can change Afaaq's behavior in combat via dialog options or by activating Afaaq's quick menu from the "Use item" slot:
    - "Please engage in battle again." -> Active behavior
    - "Please take care of yourself in battle." -> Passive behavior, but uses potions or protective spells when needed
    - "Please don't engage in battle." -> Passive behavior

And additionally for the improved version:
    - "Please keep yourself constantly hasted." or "Please don't keep yourself constantly hasted."
    No, nothing of them helped to leave the "dialog trap".
    I tried them all.
    @egbert Just for clarification, has the issue been solved permanently by restarting the game?

I remember a bug in the BG2EE v1.3 patch which made familiars or companions such as Afaaq unselectable after being dire charmed (i.e. you could only talk to them). However, I added a fix for it in one of the more recent mod releases.
    It seems so. :)
    (But I use the current BG2:EE.)
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @argent77 Hi, I tried Afaaq, the Djinni Companion on Android BG2:EE version of game, but unfortunatelly, there is some game breaking bug, which blocks using Afaaq :disappointed:
    I killed fake Adratha, than goes to the Rakshasa "camp" (by the way really nice area :+1: ), there get rid of all of the Rakshasas and found magic lamp with Afaaq. Everything working like charm, but when I try use magic lamp to summon Afaaq, game instantly crashes. Looks like some problem with animation when Afaaq leave magic lamp, or something like that I guess.
    Maybe its problem with game version, since Android versions are still below 2.0 version?
    I tried to use magic lamp to summon Afaaq in many different areas, but always with the same result :disappointed:
    @Caszidy The mod should be compatible with all patch versions of BG2EE and even with original BG2. However, I don't know whether the mobile versions contain the same resources as the desktop version. It could also be the case that it doesn't support all resource types (which is unlikely though).

If you're able to modify the game on Android you could do the following to reduce the number of potential issues:
    1. Replace the file A7AFQHLP.CRE with the one attached to this post. I have changed its creature animation and set a valid name.
    2. Remove the files A7AFQSUM.BAM, A7AFQSUM.VVC and A7AFQSUM.WAV. They are used for the djinni summoning animation.
    3. Remove the file A7AFQMUS.WAV. It's a soundtrack that is played by default whenever Afaaq starts a conversation.