Skip to content

Knowing as little as we do, which new joinable NPC are you most eager to try?

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited July 2015
    Quartz said:

Very true, @shawne. It's easy to forget, because they got a lot worse about it over the years.

That wasn't an invitation for you to swerve this into a BioWare complaint post. Point is, there's no merit in holding Beamdog to an imaginary standard the original games never met.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @shawne Umm … OK, I guess I'm not allowed to agree with you and elucidate on why I agree with you. My bad!!
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Goblin shaman? I'm sold.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    My bad. I voted without reading all of the poll's options. I WANT THE GNOOOOME!!
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2015
    The Gobbo Shaman, not because it's a goblin, but because I want to try shaman and I don't really like making my CHARNAME a single class caster. Also I find bards besides blades far too mirco intensive to use, so I'm not that interested in the skald. I don't like shorties besides Jan, so not that keen on good Tiax. The archer cop lady could be cool, I'm just really hoping she's not lawful stupid. I can deal with chaotic good, just not lawful stupid.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Skalds are easy to manage. You just leave them singing until you need them to cast a spell.

I wouldn't choose one as the protagonist because they are too passive, but am quite happy to have one in the party.
  • UlvarylUlvaryl Member Posts: 217
    Shael. I think the game lacks of iron girls like she :D
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Fardragon said:

Skalds are easy to manage. You just leave them singing until you need them to cast a spell.

I wouldn't choose one as the protagonist because they are too passive, but am quite happy to have one in the party.

Yeah I know, but when I have a bard it's sing, attack, sing, attack, sing, cast, sing attack and so on. Blades are fine because it's buff offensive spin attack.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited July 2015
    Ulvaryl said:

Shael. I think the game lacks of iron girls like she :D

I will say, though, it's pretty impressive that SoD has a female warrior companion (Schael), a female New Race/New Class companion (M'Khiin), and a female antagonist (Caelar Argent). Always good to see pushback against the old D&D cliches.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    As much as I like support classes, I also like to fight, so I can never bring myself to make CHARNAME a Skald. Problem solved.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    doggy said:

I see a party of a bhaalspawn, two drows, a half orc, a goblin and someone feeling a little out of place in spot number 6.

Make Charname a half-orc for extra laughs. If the gobbo gets the usual -2 rep, that makes a total of -8 to your reputation for having that party.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Glint, because he looks to be very entertaining.
    I am the least interested in Schael though, she seems kinda boring :/
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Corwin... she seem like a level headed and smart archer to have at your side... i have a feeling her story is going to be very deep.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    edited July 2015
    I really enjoyed his character in the Black Pits II, and I love the whole norse/barbarian theme of the skald, a class I recently fell in love with.

Besides, I can already foresee some hilarious banter between him and Minsc, as they share tales of epic butt kicking around the camp fire, those two seem a match made in heaven.
    Post edited by Genryu on
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Corwin, only if she is romanceable.

Otherwise, Voghlin for his possible banters with Minsc. Now that would be interesting. But unfortunately, SoD's as far as he can go. SoD is pre-BP2 right?
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    Glint, because gnome.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    The captain! Then again, I like tough (and fighting) woman :D

On the other hand it *is* an old cliché: A tough, female warrior and the bookwormish, spellcasting guy. ;-)

But the other characters are interesting as well, the cover is interesting, so you better deliver Beamdog =P
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    Wait, is it confirmed that Glint is a Cleric/Thief? That's one possible interpretation of his bio, but he follows the Gnomish god of illusions, so isn't it at least as likely that he's a Cleric/Illusionist?
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2015
    The Shining Lady.

I want her to be a playable NPC, and I want her in my party. Even if she's the final boss of SoD, I want that beamdog add her as a new NPC in BG2.

Such a badass character in a such of a badass artwork from a badass artist.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Based on what we know the goblinette is the only one I really care to see. In fact, I wish goblin would be a playable race.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    shaman or archer to equal degree the others don't interest me
  • ExileExile Member Posts: 21
    Eventually I think I'll try all of them, but I'm rly excited about Captain Schael Corwin. She seems to be badass chick who's ready to kick some ass in the name of Flame Fist.

And Although I'm not the fan of romances, It would be actually fun to see romance with strong woman instead of typical cliché of "lady in distress."

I'm also interested about her because it seems to be first NPC (from all the new ones) who is actually somehow releated to story and not just another random traveler.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Wesley said:

Wait, is it confirmed that Glint is a Cleric/Thief? That's one possible interpretation of his bio, but he follows the Gnomish god of illusions, so isn't it at least as likely that he's a Cleric/Illusionist?

It's a calculated guess: "Glint Gardnersonson - The blessings of Baravar Cloakshadow follow this irrepressible gnome, who uses his clerical abilities to support his more subtle talents."

Baravar Cloakshadow, known as the Sly One, is the neutral good gnome deity of illusion and deception.

The dogma is: "The world is a dangerous place, and the only sure defense is to cloak oneself in the shadows under a web of deception."

*Hid in shadows successfully

Also, I wouldn't call magic as "subtle talents" - thieving abilities look more likely.

I would very much approve another thief NPC in BG2, and if we talk about possible improrting into BG2, there we already have a Cleric/Mage (Aerie) NPC, while we don't have a Cleric/Thief.

I'm very interested in Glint:

His Pratchett surname is excellent.

I like thieves.

I'm eager to see the thieving button moved from the special abilities button to the main interface (here comes the hope).
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    @Ravenslight

I’m also tickled that she is female. My imagination is really sparking with the possibilities.

These two sentences right next to each other are slightly disturbing considering we're talking about a goblin.

;)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    valamyr said:

@Ravenslight

I’m also tickled that she is female. My imagination is really sparking with the possibilities.

These two sentences right next to each other are slightly disturbing considering we're talking about a goblin.

;)
    Why? Because goblins are 'ugly'? That's racist, sir/madam/thing/collective/hive mind!
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Well, it's a racist game. Vickie won't date my Half-Orc :disappointed:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Goblin girls can be adorable, too! n_n
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Vallmyr said:

Goblin girls can be adorable, too! n_n

Winky from Harry Potter?
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    I am so ready for practically every line the Flaming Fist lady says is "I SERVE THE FLAMING FIST!"
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

I am so ready for practically every line the Flaming Fist lady says is "I SERVE THE FLAMING FIST!"

On the contrary, I expect Corwin to be a lot different from the Flaming Fist officers. She simply need to be someone unlike the majority of the Flaming Fist. I even expect there may be a conflict between the organization and Corwin.

At least, "Out of the way--out of the way, damn it!" sounds not like a general Flaming First officer speaks in this game.