Skip to content

Beta Registration

CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
The website FAQ has been updated:

Q: Will I get to be a beta tester if I pre-order?
There is no open beta for Siege of Dragonspear. There will be a private beta — sign up via our beta application form.

Disclaimers:
  • Please don't ask if you are in - we'll contact you if you have been selected
  • This application is going online to fix the FAQ question. It is not an indication that we are ready to begin beta testing (cuz we aren't)
  • We will not be announcing the start of beta testing, nor will we answer questions about the start of beta testing.
  • All beta testers will be subject to NDA
Thanks for your patience!
Post edited by Cerevant on

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

The Dragonspear site says,
    "There is no open beta for Siege of Dragonspear. If you wish to become a beta tester, sign up on our beta tester forums to be eligible for selection."

What are these beta forums, and is it possible for me to sign up? (I'm already registered as a beta tester for IWD and have access to its private forum.)
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    I, too, would like to know more stuff about this thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I'm rooting for you Shar!
  • CendarCendar Member Posts: 27
    Whenever it is open I would love to do beta testing. Even since BG/BGII EE came out I have beaten the games at least 30-40 times with different character sets and following different story arcs. I can be borderline obsessive and love to explore. I know I could help make this game awesome!
  • uberduberdaduberduberdad Member Posts: 53
    billbisco said:

Me too! I'm really good at breaking the game!

@billbisco - Is this a fishing expedition to find evidence for your polls? :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Cerevant said:

The website FAQ has been updated

Link doesn't point to the website, but back to this thread.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    @Shin

In @Cerevant post is a link that takes you to a google doc site. Click it, Fill it, and then anxiously wait by your email for the next 6 months to see if you have been chosen.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    This pudding is ready for alpha, beta and gamma testings. But don't put me in the microwave. That experience would be too damn hot for me.
  • GytherGyther Member Posts: 1
    Ooh boy so exciting!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

This pudding is ready for alpha, beta and gamma testings. But don't put me in the microwave. That experience would be too damn hot for me.

This post just makes me want to look around to see if i have any instant pudding mixes in the house :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    elminster said:

This post just makes me want to look around to see if i have any instant pudding mixes in the house :)
    :(
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Shin said:

Cerevant said:

The website FAQ has been updated

Link doesn't point to the website, but back to this thread.

Fixed, thanks!
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    So, I may be jumping ahead a little, but I remember hearing that the base BG1:EE game will actually need a new patch when Siege of Dragonspear is released, since it's an expansion. Will there be a beta for the patch as well?

Just asking 'cause it might be handy if I didn't get granted access to the Siege of Dragonspear beta, then at least I might be able to check out some of the the new engine functionality and possibly the shaman class, since I already have access to the BG:EE and BG2:EE betas :)
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    edited July 2015
    sent in mine. Id love to be a part of the game being polished. I have no doubt it's going to be a very fun game
  • Mitzael, ArchdruidMitzael, Archdruid Member Posts: 1
    I volunteer to test the game on any class that is required. I have all current packages and you had the old too ...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    So, how will the between level will work?

BG EE end with an xp level oficially of 7 and playable of 10 or 11.
    BG2 EE start with an xp level oficially of 8.

So... will this expansion rewrite BG2 EE start somehow?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Registered... I think.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    edited September 2015
    Guess I'm the youngest (read - newest) member to register for Beta testing. I wonder what is the criteria for choosing the testers.
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    You must have a space hamster to be considered for testing. :smiley:
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

You must have a space hamster to be considered for testing. :smiley:

I have one but he didn't returned from space, will i then be still a valid beta tester?

Jokes apart. When this beta will start?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Pretty sure it has already started.
    Cerevant said:

We will not be announcing the start of beta testing, nor will we answer questions about the start of beta testing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    For the past EE's the betas started when pre-orders started.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I made the rules and I'm sticking to them. I'm just going to throw this out there...
    bengoshi said:
This discussion has been closed.