Skip to content

The Golden Pantaloons

What developments can we expect regarding the Golden Pantaloons in SoD? In every game so far the plot of this most mysterious of garments has been expanded upon so surely we can expect to uncover something new. Maybe some Platinum Pantalettes or a Jewel-encrusted codpiece?

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    A missed opportunity I feel.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    That's not something that will be touched (and to be fair TOTSC didn't add anything new to it either).
  • cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65
    Nimran said:

But the pantaloons are practically begging to be touched! Touch my pantaloons, Beamdog! Touch them!!!

Aren't the weasels enough for you?

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Nimran said:

But the pantaloons are practically begging to be touched! Touch my pantaloons, Beamdog! Touch them!!!

Aren't the weasels enough for you?

Hey, I'm no one-trick ferret, pal.
    elminster said:

to be fair TOTSC didn't add anything new to it either).

"We should try to learn from the mistakes of the past not seek to replicate them." Albert C. Einstein
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I would love to drop a ton of cash on a tailor to outfit my pantaloons with platinum pockets. No need for any special abilities when they look so stylish!
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    elminster said:

That's not something that will be touched (and to be fair TOTSC didn't add anything new to it either).

Suuuuure it won't be touched. I can already hear it now, when someone discovers something new around the pantaloons...

"but... but, you said you weren't touching the pantaloons?"

"we lied." :)

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I guess the problem is that adding anything new would probably require making changes to ToB (where it all pays off)... which isn't on the table right now.
    abacus said:

I guess the problem is that adding anything new would probably require making changes to ToB (where it all pays off)... which isn't on the table right now.

I think it would be quite funny if they were to add some mystical underpants to SoD that everyone will assume will do great things when we get to ToB. We will then all dutifully carry them right through SoA, taking up a valuable inventory slot, only to discover when the time comes that this particular set of underwear is just pants.

• ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377

abacus said:

I think it would be quite funny if they were to add some mystical underpants to SoD that everyone will assume will do great things when we get to ToB. We will then all dutifully carry them right through SoA, taking up a valuable inventory slot, only to discover when the time comes that this particular set of underwear is just pants.

That sounds awesome :D
    Though you should be nice enough to mention them.. kinda like:
    "Why are you carrying old, smelly underwear? you are weird oô" =P
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    You don't get a chafing problem when wearing that BMU? Some problems can be solved only by wearing platinum undergarments!
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    I feel like it can be improved super easily by keeping the core pantaloons quest exactly the same, but adding something like Platinum Pajama Pants in SoD that allow Cespenar to upgrade the BMU.

And I think it makes sense. It seems to me that they went gold, silver, and bronze because that is the order of difficulty in obtaining (and keeping) them. The platinum ones in SoD would be obtained through an optional quest within an optional game and still must be carried the entire way through.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    The Golden Pantaloons: Protection for your loins that can be melted into coins!
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Pantaloons, or riot!

In all seriousness, they should do something like that. It would be a nice hat tip to the long time fans of the series, and also preserve some of the goofy humor in the games. They could also make a quest involving miniature giant space hamsters. That would make me soooo happy.
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    Bronze socks please.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Bronze socks please.

Matching socks would be nice that can be changed into boots.

Have it so one sock is found in SoD and the other found in BG2s expansion.
  • ErstarrungErstarrung Member Posts: 51
    Shandyr said:

And now that I have learned that even Albert C. Einstein would have approved of more pantaloons I am reconsidering if I gonna buy SoD.

Considering we're talking about the epic snugness of THE pantaloons, I would rather know if Alfred E. Neumann approves of this...
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    "Platinum chastity belt, because bhaalspawn should not reproduce"
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    How about a rainbow coloured jacket to go with the golden pantaloons
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I like the idea of a sock-related quest as that would bring an added element of realism to the game - we all know that a washing machine's staple diet is socks, and we all have an odd sock in our collection. So I give you, "The Quest for the Missing Sock of Achilles (with a hole in the heel)".
    And you can't have socks without sock garters. Jewel-encrusted sock garters for the well-dressed man about town.

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809

And you can't have socks without sock garters. Jewel-encrusted sock garters for the well-dressed man about town.

You'd be STUNNED if I told you how often I go out looking like this.

Might be a story for another time though. . .