Unbelievable that this has been missed on the forum.
Artists and rangers everywhere, this is your chance. To WORK FOR BEAMDOG. To WORK ON A BALDUR'S GATE game, FF####!http://ca.indeed.com/cmp/BeamDog/jobs/Artist-7b8b6fd4500d9ec6?q=2D+Artist
Beamdog, the company behind Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, is in search of a 2D artist. You'll work as part of a tightly-knit team where you'll have a voice—not be a small cog in a large corporate machine. Beamdog has just announced its first project created entirely in-house, the expansion Siege of Dragonspear, and more original content is on the horizon. If you'd like the chance to work with top-notch writers, artists, programmers, and developers in the video game industry, this is the job for you.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Producing and participating in graphic creation for our games
• Creating textures, illustrations, and concepts based on project needs and requirements
• Demonstrating creativity and adaptability to different game and graphical styles (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.)
• Ensuring art quality meets expectations and direction from the Leads/Art Managers
• Mentoring other Artists and offering recommendations and advice to local and remote teams
Skills and Profile
• Motivated, knowledgeable, and passionate about video games
• Proficient technical skills and expertise working in Photoshop and Illustrator, with experience in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Independent and versatile (from designing characters and environments to logos and in game items)
• Thorough and organized, allowing you to work within ambitious goals and to see a project through to its end within given deadlines
• Understanding of technical Pipelines and all the processes required to make a game
• Ability to take feedback and willingness to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
• Skill in 2D Animation a plus
This position reports to the Lead 2D Artist and Art Director.
Please submit your resume along with your portfolio as an attachment or a link.
• Pixel precise artwork such as UI.: 2 yearsIf I were an artist, I would kill (a dragon) for this job!