Skip to content

New D&D Movie Announced, Forgotten Realms Mentioned

12345679»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The thing about Dragonlance is it has a lot of kid-friendly silliness: Kendar, Gully Dwarves, Tinker Gnomes. I imagine as a movie it would be a sub-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy colourful kid-friendly comedy adventure.

Which is probably not the Lord of the Rings/Conan the Barbarian epic fantasy that most D&D fans would want.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Fardragon said:

The thing about Dragonlance is it has a lot of kid-friendly silliness: Kendar, Gully Dwarves, Tinker Gnomes. I imagine as a movie it would be a sub-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy colourful kid-friendly comedy adventure.

Which is probably not the Lord of the Rings/Conan the Barbarian epic fantasy that most D&D fans would want.

I would have liked the GOTG movie to bè like the Annihilation and Dan Abnett material in terms of tone Now that you mention It.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Fardragon said:

Or, perfect fodder for Mystery Science Theatre 3000.