Skip to content

Baldurs gate fans are the best of the best!

Most forums for games/other hobbies of mine tend to deviate into disagreement/name-calling. Its been nice over the last few years to see people for the most part have civil/positive conversations on something. I bought Baldur's Gate in 1999 and have been hooked on the series ever since. It is still to this day the best game series ever created in my opinion. I have been really impressed with how positive the Baldur's gate community has been on these forums over the years and I just wanted to commend this community! Thank you all, especially Beamdog for making my dreams come true with these enhanced editions and the upcoming expansion :)

Comments

• ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377

This is a great forum
    Baldur's Gate was one of the first two games I bought for my first computers
    The other was settlers 3
    I got them both on the same day at a CompUSA on Long Island

Sorry I just can't resist...
    Settlers 2 is far superior!
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Well this forum is great at least. I've been to some other forums, like Gamefaqs, where people act hostile towards you for even daring to mention Beamdog and the Enhanced Editions.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809

Well this forum is great at least. I've been to some other forums, like Gamefaqs, where people act hostile towards you for even daring to mention Beamdog and the Enhanced Editions.

Really? Huh, guess that's why I never set foot there. While the release was a little rocky Beamdog did a pretty good job bringing this classic to a new generation of PC's and tablets. :) I'm very very glad they did. :)
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Anduin said:

kcwise said:

Yeah, this place is great. Everyone in the other forums used to throw insults at me and tell me I was annoying. I once knew this guy named Dilby. He threw insults at me too. Are you gonna throw insults at me? What about now?

I told @kcwise once he would be better off dead.

As a Lich, he would be so much more powerful y'know...
    Can swords become Liches?
    Especially Holy Avengers? I assume he's a Holy Avenger anyway. Never was sure on the specific type of sword he was.
  • Crytek7Crytek7 Member Posts: 23
    So far everyone has being quite helpful and friendly, GameFAQ is useless, you can't get a straight answer..
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2015
    kcwise said:

Anduin said:

I told @kcwise once he would be better off dead.

As a Lich, he would be so much more powerful y'know...

Hmm... not sure I really need the power, although it could come in handy when salesmen show up. "Hello, Mr Wise. Let me tell you about an exciting opportu..." FWWWOOOZZZAARR "Aiiieee!"

All those extra years to play RPGs would be tempting! And think of all the books I could read... Hmm... Wait, no, undeath is EVIL. Bad! Bad and evil! Away with you, tempter of swords!
    Vallmyr said:

Can swords become Liches?
    Especially Holy Avengers? I assume he's a Holy Avenger anyway. Never was sure on the specific type of sword he was.

Interesting that you should mention it. We had a fascinating lecture at the Helm Yeah! Conference about the status of sentient magical items and whether or not they are living, unliving, or some other state of existence. The conservative opinion is that they are simply magical constructs, devoid of souls and without the ability to make a moral choice (whoever heard of a holy avenger deciding to join team evil?).

More mainstream thought seems to suggest that only the gods can determine the truth of such issues, so it is wise to treat sentient items with care "just in case."

A more radical theory suggests that wielders are the ones without thought or souls, mere beasts of burden to convey items like Holy Avengers to their chosen destinations. It was a controversial subject that nearly resulted in armed conflict. I'm really not sure why everyone got so upset when I brought it up. I've always been quite kind to my servants...
    Nimran said:

He's the Holy Ferretvenger: Ferremir +12 (also known as the Hackmaster).

Hack and slash my way to fame, fortune, and a dragon's hoard of cookies!
    I think Lilarcor would like to have a talk with the people at that conference.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130

Nimran said:

Hey, everyone! Have a :cookie:!

*munch*

Omnomnom...
    I scratched my arm pretty bad this morning, can I have a Goodberry instead? :smiley:
  • MetaSiegMetaSieg Member Posts: 26
    Shhh, if we don't call attention to how good the community is the trolls will never find us.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    valamyr said:

Nimran said:

Hey, everyone! Have a :cookie:!

*munch*

Omnomnom...
    I scratched my arm pretty bad this morning, can I have a Goodberry instead? :smiley:
    No.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    i do think and believe that the substance of a game reflects its fan base. I recently came back to this game from the horribly dumbified Diablo 3. Trust me, the forum there is like a cesspit full of whining kids cursing at one another and calling for nerfs on classes they don't use.

It would be rare to see the likes of one of those in games such as BG in which its complexity automatically precludes players whose intelligence level could arguably be on the same par as Noober.

So, in sum, you guys rock! :)
    johntyl said:

i do think and believe that the substance of a game reflects its fan base. I recently came back to this game from the horribly dumbified Diablo 3. Trust me, the forum there is like a cesspit full of whining kids cursing at one another and calling for nerfs on classes they don't use.

It would be rare to see the likes of one of those in games such as BG in which its complexity automatically precludes players whose intelligence level could arguably be on the same par as Noober.

So, in sum, you guys rock! :)

I THINK THAT FIGHTERS SHOULD BE NERFED BECAUSE ONLY THEY CAN GET GRANDMASTERY AND STUFFS
    >:(
    My wizard should have the same melee as them!

After playing WoW from 2008-2014 I'm so glad I no longer frequent Blizzard forums. I love Blizzard to death with the Warcraft and Starcraft RTS games but jeez. Get a community that size the forums turn into a literal hell.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Vallmyr said:

I THINK THAT FIGHTERS SHOULD BE NERFED BECAUSE ONLY THEY CAN GET GRANDMASTERY AND STUFFS

WELL, YOUR WIZARD HAS TENSER'S TRANSFORMATION SO STOP QQ-ING.
    :wink:
    My fighter/thief should have timestop and all the cool spells you have too! :)
    johntyl said:

Vallmyr said:

WELL, YOUR WIZARD HAS TENSER'S TRANSFORMATION SO STOP QQ-ING.
    :wink:
    My fighter/thief should have timestop and all the cool spells you have too! :)
    /has to go to the BG wiki to check out that spell.
    OH MAN
    THAT'S COOL.
    Sorry I don't play BG2 often so I forgot that was a thing XD.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Mage/Thief. Mislead, haste and watch the fun begin. . . :D

I wonder if it's also the size of this forum? I don't have access to the stats but we have like 40 or so really heavy users and a couple hundred more casual users and a couple hundred mor once a weekers so we aren't flooded with people constantly. I couldn't imagine the hell Blizzard endures trying to run and moderate their forums. . .