Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I notice that the Fastpaws of Baervan is selected as an acolyte. He gets light armor only, but gets 4 lore/lvl and not 8 as well as normal priest THAC0 and not mage THAC0 per the info on page 1. I have seen a few Acolyte kits do this. Some get the 8 lore/lvl, but all the Acolytes I have tried get normal priest THAC0 (no mage THAC0).
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

I notice that the Fastpaws of Baervan is selected as an acolyte. He gets light armor only, but gets 4 lore/lvl and not 8 as well as normal priest THAC0 and not mage THAC0 per the info on page 1. I have seen a few Acolyte kits do this. Some get the 8 lore/lvl, but all the Acolytes I have tried get normal priest THAC0 (no mage THAC0).

I think the armor penalty and hp is enough, but I'll have to revisit the issue once they get their bonus spells.
    I cannot select a F/C/M multi-class anymore. Is this intentional?

I cannot select a F/C/M multi-class anymore. Is this intentional?

It is not. I'm not sure, but i think that don't have any kits for the fcm, atm. I'll look into it. Talos would work. Mystra is probably fine...what else?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    A triple class is almost like a kit unto itself already. I always looked at kits as specializations, focusing on one thing to the exclusion of others in order to be better at one or two things at most.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor Sounds reasonable. It's when each class of a multclassed character would get a kit that looks a bi much for me, Kensai/ illusionist/ priest of Tempus for ex. :*

Priest kits added to one WOULD seem the most reasonable as I reckon most with the cleric class would tend to be guided by that class the most due to beliefs.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Zaghoul said:

@subtledoctor Sounds reasonable. It's when each class of a multclassed character would get a kit that looks a bi much for me, Kensai/ illusionist/ priest of Tempus for ex. :*

Priest kits added to one WOULD seem the most reasonable as I reckon most with the cleric class would tend to be guided by that class the most due to beliefs.

Both F/M/T and F/M/C already are powerhouses. If F/M/C exists then IMHO either its divine or its arcane spellcasting should be tuned down.
    And it would make better sense, roleplay-wise. In order to make sense, a F/M/C could be either a spellblade (i. e. F/M) whose devotion to his/her god enabled a few extra faith-related powers, or a F/C with notions of arcane spellcasting.
    The way I'd implement the former would be:
    -Still give special abilities granted by the kit
    -Lower every sphere by one rank. Minor disappears, major becomes minor and focus becomes major.
    -complete level 1 spells with a few extra cantrips.

And for the latter, give the same arcane spell progression as a bard, for example
    Don't forget that a triple class is getting 1/3 the XP per class. This is a big handicap. You would need 9 million XP to get 9th level spells for the mage and almost 4.5 million for 7th level cleric spells. These seem like big trade offs as it is.

Don't forget that a triple class is getting 1/3 the XP per class. This is a big handicap. You would need 9 million XP to get 9th level spells for the mage and almost 4.5 million for 7th level cleric spells. These seem like big trade offs as it is.

True but:
    In early game (i.e. till SoD ends and even during early SoA) that will make you lag only one to two levels behind in each class. Basically it is quite painful before you hit level 2 but after that it's not too much of a problem.
    After you reached 500k exp per class, i.e. 1.5M exp, roughly chapter mid to end of chapter 2-3 of SoA with a 6-man party, levels tend to matter less. You only get 2-5 hp and some extra spellcasting abilities. So yes your spellcasting will be weaker but not THAT much, compared to the flexibility you get. And eventually your divine spellcasting will roughly equate that of a F/C, and will hardly be behind that of a pure cleric since most spells (actually every spell but dispel magic) cap at level 20 and you get to reach level 19 as a cleric.
    edited May 2017
    New bug found:
    Lupinist's innate Beast Claw behaviour does not match the Beast Claw spell:
    It gives 18 STR instead of 18/72
    It disables spellcasting

Edit: rephrased it because it had no sense.
    Post edited by Arunsun on
    edited May 2017
    With the nice wererat graphic/animation in SoD and druid/ thieves, it got me to thinking about shapeshifting into something other than dang wolves, ya know?

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Skavens! :love:

Seriously, it would be really fun to have something like a disease-focused Cleric/Thief theranthrope of Talona.
    @Kamigoroshi Hah,I had to look those skavens up, but yes, a weapon wielding wererat would fit Talona quite well. :)
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    I second that thought! Wererats would be cool. Player character wererats would be even cooler. Player character thieves, priests, or thief/priests of Talona would be freakin' cool. There are animations to be had from IWD2 and PS:T, I believe (and I just googled this to confirm). Heh, I'd be in it just for the special abilities, Shapechange: Giant Rat, and Shapechange: Giant Man-Rat Hybrid.
    I'll have to take a close look at these animations...
    edited May 2017
    I like the spreadsheet that is attached on page 1! Wanted to call out something. The +4 for turn undead shows with Helm instead of Kelemvor.

Speaking of Kelemvor, the fact he can animate dead seems wrong to me as Kelemvor is very anti-undead. So I think any undead summoning spells need to be removed from him.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    edited May 2017

I like the spreadsheet that is attached on page 1! Wanted to call out something. The +4 for turn undead shows with Helm instead of Kelemvor.

Speaking of Kelemvor, the fact he can animate dead seems wrong to me as Kelemvor is very anti-undead. So I think any undead summoning spells need to be removed from him.

That is a good point. One way or another, I'll address that problem by giving servants of Kelemvor access to a variant death sphere.

Edit: "The +4 for turn undead shows with Helm instead of Kelemvor."
    Fixed
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on

Re: wererats - I vaguely recall reading that PST animations are a different size than BG2 animations. Meaning they would have to be converted by hand to be used in a mod like this. And that's way beyond my skills...

I was thinking the SoD wererat was the the right size(have not seen him in a few weeks though TBH), but that is the only one I have seen game wise.
    Yeah, I'm 99%subtle is right about pst animations, but it was the sod animations we were talking about. They should be the right size
    Concerning the bug I signaled with the Lupinist's beast claw, I'd add a little something:
    The Beast Claw innate can be used while shapeshifted as a werewolf. Consider this when making changes, I'd disable it, because if you fix the spellcasting issue with beast claw, one may as well shapeshift, use the innate, and would thus be able to cast spells while shapeshifted.
    edited May 2017
    I have an observation I wanted to share.

When you use this mod, you lose several potential tanks from BGEE, SoD, and BG2EE. I mean that Minsc, Kivan, Valygar, and Jaheria, all lose the ability to use heavy armor.

This is just an observation, but can be annoying especially in SoD where the evil blackgaurd becomes the only tank available (if protag is not a tank).

EDIT: Forgot Corwin, Brawen, Viconia as well.
    On another note, the more I look at it the more I think the Ur-Priest should be an Acolyte type and not priest. It gets the most spell spheres on any divine kit. Also, given that the knowledge to cast spells without the Gods seems like a study intensive process.
    Hi subtledoctor,

I appreciate all of you and Grammarsalads effort with this mod! I like it allot.

As far as Minsc goes, he was able to wear Plate until I installed this mod. I am pretty sure the F&P is what is limiting him.

Arunsun said:

Concerning the bug I signaled with the Lupinist's beast claw, I'd add a little something:
    The Beast Claw innate can be used while shapeshifted as a werewolf. Consider this when making changes, I'd disable it, because if you fix the spellcasting issue with beast claw, one may as well shapeshift, use the innate, and would thus be able to cast spells while shapeshifted.

Noted. Stopping casting is intentional. But using BG the ability while shapeshifted needs to be addressed.

Then you might want to call the ability something other than Beast Claw, because it won't behave as the Beast Claw spell. The ability misses an icon too, I forgot to mention that earlier.