Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I do not have M&G installed.
    edited May 2017
    Just noticed that the spreadsheet (link on page 1) says Acolytes can only wear leather. My Acolyte of Baervan can wear studded leather. I am pretty sure that my Acolyte of Lovator (this is a cleric and not acolyte), Moandar, Beshaba all can wear studded leather as well.

EDIT: I think I have only seen druids restricted to leather only, though I have not tried all the kits yet.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited May 2017

Further testing and notes:

(My game, for purposes of tracking down errors: A vanilla BG2ee v.2.3 install from the Beamdog installer, with Faiths and Powers v.0.63b as the only addition. I went with Install option 2 for the sake of ease of use.)

Acolyte of Beshaba

The Acolyte of Beshaba gets the Shadowstep special ability (1 use/day), but this is undocumented in the kit description.

Misfortune special ability: does not have an icon.

Misfire special ability: is not defined in the kit description. It's a new spell acc. to the Readme, so a reference to that would do the trick ("as per the 5th level spell of that name", for instance).

Doom special ability: Is not named Doom in my game at least, but this: "If you were the better choice, you would have the position! You were denied it fairly, not for any conspirational reason! Now you have made a personal claim of this against [CHARNAME]."

(Personal note: I want to play an Acolyte of Beshaba SO BADLY - I dunno, the class, its features, and its spheres just speak to me. I'd be BFFs with Xan, and put him in BG2, too, with Pocketplane.net's mod. Talk about co-dependence. Xan: "I'm so miserable." Doommaster: "Yeah, that was me. Onward to futility." Xan: Be still, my beating heart.")

Acolyte of Moander:
    The Acolyte of Moander gets the Shadowstep special ability (1 use/day), but this is undocumented in the kit description.

Acolyte of Shar:
    Acolyte of Shar gets the Shadowstep special ability (1 use/day), but this is undocumented in the kit description.

Okay, so I'm doing bug squashing now. Edit: See the 5th post on the first page to track the bug squashing progress.

"Misfortune special ability: does not have an icon. "

Right now, I am not able to duplicate this issue. But, I have had a lot of issues with custom icons, so...sigh.

Anyway, @rrchristensen Which game did you notice this problem in?
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    My game, for purposes of tracking down errors: A vanilla BG2ee v.2.3 install from the Beamdog installer, with Faiths and Powers v.0.63b as the only addition. I went with Install option 2 for the sake of ease of use.

My game, for purposes of tracking down errors: A vanilla BG2ee v.2.3 install from the Beamdog installer, with Faiths and Powers v.0.63b as the only addition. I went with Install option 2 for the sake of ease of use.

Thanks. Bug found and squashed
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2017
    "And the bug with the Doom special ability?", the omniscient third-person narrator observed rrchristensen ask breathlessly, earnestly, brightly and brittly, hoping against hope that the bug could be found and squashed and that his little band of co-dependent moody misfits could once more sally forth into the Realms, wreaking havoc?
    edited May 2017

"And the bug with the Doom special ability?", the omniscient third-person narrator observed rrchristensen ask breathlessly, earnestly, brightly and brittly, hoping against hope that the bug could be found and squashed and that his little band of co-dependent moody misfits could once more sally forth into the Realms, wreaking havoc?

oohh, I missed the doom naming bug...Hmmm, I remember seeing that they had doom, and I think that it was correctly named. I didn't look closely. I was looking at icons. I'll double check (It is installed on another laptop).

Edit: I see the problem. Easy fix. I'll be abel to check that one off my list tomorrow. Have to go to bed.

But, you will be spreading misfortune throughout the sword coast soon, my friend!
    My 15th level CG Elementalist just got the Druid Grove and became the Great Druid. Is this suppose to be?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2017
    Will this mod work OK if I install IWDification for the mage and priest spells?

Also, should I use spell revision instead or both IWD and SR?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2017

Will this mod work OK if I install IWDification for the mage and priest spells?

Also, should I use spell revision instead or both IWD and SR?

If you install iwdification priest spells before this mod, our spells will override theirs. If you install it after, their spells will override ours. Either way, it should work out fine, though something weird may happen. It may be best to just not install their priest spells as we actually add more priest spells than iwdification.

Iwdification mayadd priest scrolls, however, and if so it would be worth installing their spells ( in either order). We will be adding priest scrolls for new spells sometime in the future.

Also, i will be releasing a seperate mod that will add iwdee arcane spells ( including ones not in iwdification).
    That is great! Any guess to approximate release time?
    edited May 2017

That is great! Any guess to approximate release time?

Do you mean the next release of Fnp or IWDEE arcane spells?

Well, we should be releasing the next version of fnp soon. I have most of the major non-spell bugs fixed. It could probably be released now, though I will want to just test it to be sure that I didn't make any silly mistakes. I should have it ready in the next couple of days unless @subtledoctor wants to add anything before next release.

The spell fixes are going to be incorporated, and tested, in that mod where I will be adding IWDEE arcane spells. Right now, that mod just adds IWDEE Divine spells, and that component is virtually the same as what is in fnp. When I release that one, it will include a hotfix for fnp spells if installed after fnp. If installed before fnp, then it will use those (less bug-riddled) spells.

I'm not sure when I will be releasing all IWDEE arcane spells. That particular component is a rather big project. Right now, that other mod--I'm tentatively calling it "B_Spells"--does add a few IWDEE arcane spells, but currently it doesn't add scrolls so those spells can only be added by a sorcerer or by a mage at character creation. I'll add those scrolls in the next release, at the very least.

Well, we should be releasing the next version of fnp soon. I have most of the major non-spell bugs fixed. It could probably be released now, though I will want to just test it to be sure that I didn't make any silly mistakes. I should have it ready in the next couple of days unless @subtledoctor wants to add anything before next release.

Seems like you have gotten a lot done, might as well make a bugfix release. Then in a month or so I can dive in and do some under-the-hood work, and hopefully add a couple more spheres. Then we can see where we are...
    Sounds like a plan.
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    Greetings,

So I've had a hankering to play some modded BG2ee lately, and I wanted to try out this mod along with the other mods (Might, Tome), and I wanted to ask about an error that I have had while installing. I've been playing around with it for the past week now, and for some reason, I was having trouble installing the sphere system (even with the most recent available version from GIT).

I played around with it this morning, and just tried installing Spell Revisions v4 b14 and Faith by themselves, and it seemed to only occur on that mod. However, when I installed Faith first and then Spell revisions, it seemed to install properly. Is that intentional, or is my install order incorrect. My general install order is the one suggested from the M&G mod, but I can be more specific if you would like.

Thanks, I appreciate your guys hard work :smile:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited June 2017
    @Jarinex
    I know that Kreso has been making hot fixes for sr. Are you using any of those, or just the version released on December 2016?

Edit: and yeah, you will get weird results if you install sr after fnp

Also, what game engine are you installing on?
    @Grammarsalad I believe its the latest version of enhanced edition (did a fresh install). I'm on break atm, so I tried installing just SR (B4 v14) and F&P on my laptop and wouldn't you know it worked fine :sweat_smile: I followed the correct order (SR first) and it worked

HOWEVER, I did find out that I installed Tome and Blood beforehand, so I tried to reinstall it in the order of:

1. Spell Revisions
    2. Tome and Blood
    3. Faith and Powers

and THATS where I got the following errors

[override/QDSPLSOR.d] ERROR at line 4 column 8-16
    Near Text: @1708
    Not_found
    ERROR: parsing [override/QDSPLSOR.d]: Not_found
    ERROR: compiling [override/QDSPLSOR.d]!
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Add Zealot of Eilistraee], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 35 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 870.
    Uninstalled 35 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 870.
    ERROR: Not_found
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.DEBUG to SubtleD and Grammarsalad
    Using Language [English]

This happened on the components Zealot of Eilistraee and when I tried to install the spheres. Everything else seemed to install.

Here is the debug in case you wanted it. I had an error with Tome and Blood, but I know its not your mod specifically, but I'll upload it anyway.

Hopefully that helps
    @subtledoctor
    That's the compile override error, isn't it?
    I cannot wait for the FnP update! I want to do an elementalist, but currently none of the special abilities work. Thanks for all he great work!
    Okay, well that settles it. The next release will be sooner rather than later. Specifically, it will be released this Sunday and this error, as well as the issues with the acolyte of Besheba and others, will be fixed.

I will try to release it Sunday morning (EST), but that'll depend...Anyway, Sunday evening at the latest
    Yeah! Can't wait!
    Sounds good, looking forward to it

Yeah! Can't wait!

Note, I don't think @Grammarsalad has fixed the Elementalist for this release... (unless he has, in which case, great! If not, I'll get to it next month.)
    I missed that one. I don't think I have a record of it. I can if it's a relatively quick and easy fix.
    edited June 2017
    Okay, I had some time, so...

Version 0.64a

2017-06-03 Version 0.64a

Minor changes to sphere access

2017-06-03 Version 0.64

Fixed cleric of Kelevmor death ward and neg plane protection
    Fixed doom special ability for for Beshaba Acolytes (and better implemented the ability)
    Added misfire reference to spell in for Beshaba Acolyte description
    Fixed icons in misfire spell/special ability for Beshaba Acolytes
    Plant focus sphere no longer adds summon water elemental rather than assassin vines as a level 5 spell...
    Grammar issues: Champions
    Grammar issues: Zealots
    Zealot of Ilmater: Correctly added frenzy in 2da
    Acolytes: Added bonus spells (and lore bonuses in a few cases)
    Changed Beshaba's spheres around. Focus: Dread.
    Removed override references to COMPILE lines

Edit: @Jarinex This should work

...I want to do an elementalist, but currently none of the special abilities work. ...

Oh, this is probably what you were talking about @subtledoctor

Okay, I'll work on fixing this for Sunday, then...