Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Are Cleric/Thiefs able to become Minion of Moander with this Release?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited June 2017

Are Cleric/Thiefs able to become Minion of Moander with this Release?

Heh, not yet. I'll see about addin more mc kits as well. Shouldn't be that difficult...
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @subtledoctor I'm having an issue when trying to install both MnG and FnP.
    From what I've gathered it comes from the custom ranger kits from MnG that are not compatible with FnP, because when I install them I can't install FnP, and when I don't FnP works just fine.

Here's the error:
    ERROR: [clabrn01.2da] -> [override/d5rfor.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("index out of bounds"))

Joining the entire debug file if you need it, but I'm positive it's the interaction between these two mods that causes a problem.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Thank you both so much! I had everything ready for a new install tomorrow, but very happy to start today. I'll go with Beshaba for now until the Elementalist is addresed.
    Tried it a bit on BGEE. Found the Acolyte of Beshaba is not getting the +1 to all saves. Beshaba at 1st level has the same saves (10/14/13/16/15) as the Ur-Priest (after taking the +2 penalties into account) and Acolyte of Moander gets.

Will keep looking.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Arunsun said:

@subtledoctor I'm having an issue when trying to install both MnG and FnP.
    From what I've gathered it comes from the custom ranger kits from MnG that are not compatible with FnP, because when I install them I can't install FnP, and when I don't FnP works just fine.

Here's the error:
    ERROR: [clabrn01.2da] -> [override/d5rfor.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("index out of bounds"))

Joining the entire debug file if you need it, but I'm positive it's the interaction between these two mods that causes a problem.

FnP should be installed before MnG. All of those ranger kits (superior versions of them, in fact) are already in FnP.
    Indeed this solves that. Thank you!
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    @Arunsun Heh yeah I had the same error, but doing that solved it. Subtledoctor beat me to it.

@Grammarsalad Just tried a fresh install with the new patch. Seems like everything installed with no issues :smiley:

I went in game real quick to take a peak at it, you had mentioned that you choose the God you follow in-game, but I had it done while I was choosing my class (I had chosen a Paladin/Champion of Helm) as a test. Was that changed now? I don't really mind it that way tbh, makes it easier to look at :tongue:
    In BGEE, I made a Champion and it did not have me select my deity until in game. I installed option 1 and have the ingame selection as advertised.
    How do I deactivate kits in BGEE for Mystics so I can see the Shadow and Elementalists show as options?
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    @Necromanx2 Huh interesting, I installed it by option 3 (asking for each component) so I can make sure they all worked. Is that supposed to happen with it? Now I was playing BG2EE, so not sure if there is a difference.

I cannot wait for the FnP update! I want to do an elementalist, but currently none of the special abilities work. Thanks for all he great work!

@Necromanx2

I'm having trouble identifying which abilities don't work. As far as I can see, they seem to work (i.e. they get the right resistances, and their attacks seem to cause the extra damage). Which special abilities are you talking about, specifically?
    Both don't work (Charm elemantal and element of focus).
    This is what I see with my elementalist on a new game with the new update installed (see screenshot below). Notice that the charm icon says F6 :... when hovered over it. It also casts on self when I select it instead of allowing me to target an elemental. I don't even see an ability icon to select the element of focus to get bonuses for?

w

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    How up-to-date is the read me now? Or is there another listing of all the current content?

Both don't work (Charm elemantal and element of focus).
    This is what I see with my elementalist on a new game with the new update installed (see screenshot below). Notice that the charm icon says F6 :... when hovered over it. It also casts on self when I select it instead of allowing me to target an elemental. I don't even see an ability icon to select the element of focus to get bonuses for?

Gotcha. I was looking in bgee and iwdee. I assume that is a higher level ability.
    GawainBS said:

How up-to-date is the read me now? Or is there another listing of all the current content?

Not yet. The best we have is this.
    Charm elemantal and element of focus are the two abilities that an elementalist is suppose to have starting at level 1 (the only two they get). In BG2EE, they don't work. I have never tried to see if they show up in BGEE as I need to edit the Mystic list to even see the choice since I have SoD installed.

Charm elemantal and element of focus are the two abilities that an elementalist is suppose to have starting at level 1 (the only two they get). In BG2EE, they don't work. I have never tried to see if they show up in BGEE as I need to edit the Mystic list to even see the choice since I have SoD installed.

Heh. Right hand/left hand blindness. I was looking at the various 'elemental mystics' (e.g. earth mystic) rather than the elementalist. Cool kit. Anyway, yeah, I see that there are issues.

Weird. I definitely tested those abilities... but it was a LONG time ago.

Yeah, there is code checking for tobex!
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    I had the exact same error in v.0.063.b
    Haven't installed the new version yet so cant check
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Alright, thanks for the heads up.
    Have you found why robes cannot be worn by cleric/mages (even dual class)? The robes show the cleric/mage as a restricted class when FnP is installed.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Yes, I was wondering about that in my IWD:EE game. My multi-class mage/acolyte of Shar was a sad panda when he couldn't find any clothes that fit.
    edited June 2017
    There is more than a single class that I play a lot, though my current favourite clearly is the Ur-Priest made by @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor. Wrong thread. Still true though, I love the Ur-Priest.

By the way did you consider making the Ur-Priest/mage multi possible? This would definitely be a blast
    Post edited by Arunsun on
    I wanted to confirm, is the elementalist suppose to be able to be dual-classed to?

I see that if I have a fighter who is True Neutral with at least STR >= 15, WIS >=17, and CHA >= 17, I can dual class my fighter to a elementalist (need to meet Druid dual class requirements). I am guessing that since the elementalist is based on the druid foundation, that is why it works like this. Would be nice that alignment and CHA could not be a requirement (since they are not for the elementalist), but I understand why it is.
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    I want to report (possible bugs)? Minions of Moander are supposed to be immune to both entangle and assassin's vines but as it stands now are only immune to the former and take full damage and are slowed by the latter. Also The spell nature's wrath appears to be buggy and does not allow the caster to attack. The shambling mound simply stands there.

Great mod, best one out there in fact.

I want to report (possible bugs)? Minions of Moander are supposed to be immune to both entangle and assassin's vines but as it stands now are only immune to the former and take full damage and are slowed by the latter. Also The spell nature's wrath appears to be buggy and does not allow the caster to attack. The shambling mound simply stands there.

Great mod, best one out there in fact.

Yeah, I have to completely redo nature's wrath. Thanks for the info regardign assassin vines
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    BTW if anyone is impatient about some multiclass stuff then you can just use the BG EE keeper to not just similate but give you exactly what you want. After experimenting quite a bit I decided I would do a gnome multiclass Barevan Fastpaws (Cleric)/Ranger. Thematically the god is perfectly suited to a cleric/ranger setup, just as the example I will use. If you cannot wait for a minion of moander/thief, this too is an option as are many others. Hope this helps.