Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    This is the specific message I get btw.

Install Component [new and revised ranger kits]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [new and revised ranger kits] [0.64a]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    ERROR: [clabrn01.2da] -> [override/d5rfor.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("index out of bounds"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [new and revised ranger kits], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 1 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900.
    Uninstalled 1 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900.
    ERROR: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.DEBUG to SubtleD and Grammarsalad
    Using Language [English]

[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited June 2017

This is the specific message I get btw.

Copying 1 file ...
    ERROR: [clabrn01.2da] -> [override/d5rfor.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("index out of bounds"))

Will uninstall 1 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900.
    Uninstalled 1 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900.
    ERROR: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
    Using Language [English]

That's helpful. We know where to look...

Subtle, looks like it's here.

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/blob/master/faiths_and_powers/kits/rangers/901_forest_ranger/forest_ranger.tpa

Any ideas?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    If the Acolytes now have +2 spells per level, the spreadsheet column CL needs to be updated on page 1.
    OK...that did not work. Here is what I got...

[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-faiths_and_powers.exe] WeiDU version 24000
    Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

The FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2 mod has 65 distinct optional components.
    To save time, you can choose what to do with them at a high level rather
    than being asked about each one.

What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?
    [I]nstall them, [S]kip them, [A]sk about each one? a

What should be done with all components that are ALREADY installed?
    [R]e-install them, [U]ninstall them, [S]kip them, [A]sk about each one? s

Copying 1 file ...
    Adding D5_RA_FOR Kit ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files column-wise ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Copying 1 file ...
    ERROR: error loading [override/d5rfor.2da]

Will uninstall 9 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900.
    Uninstalled 9 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "override/d5rfor.2da")
    Using Language [English]

Thanks guys! It is finally working!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Hmm. @LupusSolus open up the FnP mod folder, and navigate to
    /Faiths_and_Powers/kits/rangers/901_forest_ranger/forest_ranger.tpa

Open that file in a text editor - not Wordpad or something like that, use CONtext or Notepad++ - and delete that first block of code in the file. Everything from
    "COPY_EXISTING ~clabrn01.2da~ ..."
    ... up to but NOT including
    "// Change ranger class text..."

Save the file and try to install.

(I was using some semi-arcane code to remove the qd_multi references from the ranger's clab table... but I don't think the qd_multi stuff actually causes any problems if it's in a single-class kit clab table. So might as well leave it there and see how it goes.)

The same error that happened to @LupusSolus Happend to me when I installed MnG first, just for bugtracking and compatibility purpose, though now I know that MnG should be installed after FnP
    edited June 2017
    I just want to observe that all clerics/acolytes receive Shadowstep at level 10 it seems, even though I think it should be exclusive to Baravan Cloakshadow. Also, the Alienist/Demonologist/Diabolist; were these ideas scrapped or are they works in progress?
    Post edited by LupusSolus on

I just want to observe that all clerics/acolytes receive Shadowstep at level 10 it seems, even though I think it should be exclusive to Baravan Cloakshadow. Also, the Alienist/Demonologist/Diabolist; were these ideas scrapped or are they works in progress?

I really need to update the op. These are still planned for the future (and we know about Shadowstep, though thanks for reporting it)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @subtledoctor Do you think you are going to have the option to change existing NPC's to their corresponding kits in FnP's? Say like Qualye to cleric/thief of Baravan Cloakshadow, or Viccy to, I guess acolyte of Shar(I did not see priest of Shar in the guidelines)?
    I suppose exception would be made for Aerie worshiping the Wildwander gnome deity as she isn't gnome.

This may have been addressed but there are so many pages now it's hard to tell, so thought Id just ask direct.
    In the shadow magic thread your response to the number of kits got me to remembering the trouble divine remix has with changing NPC's to their kits in EE. Just wondered if you guys had conquered or encountered the problem it had.
    Thanks B)
    Bug Report: Monitor of Azuth cannot move forward on Character Creation after selecting level 1 spells.
    I have a question: is the new exclusion of Cleric/Mage kits from the Robe of Vecna and other mage items intentional?

I have a question: is the new exclusion of Cleric/Mage kits from the Robe of Vecna and other mage items intentional?

Definitely not intentional. It must be something in the usability code

Definitely not intentional. It must be something in the usability code
    Which, along with other usability issues, will be fixed next month... have patience!
    Apologies. I am old and feel I am running out of time. I look forward to the update...possibly the Diabolist/Alienist as well?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Larloch's Minor Drain and Protection from Evil?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited June 2017
    I always viewed that summoning fiendish entities was more the Demonologist's forte. The Diabolist on the other hand could stand their ground with hellfire and using suggestions/charms for manipulating the weak willed. It may also be interesting to look at spells which have a good affinity with the Dukes of the Nine Hells.
    • Dispater for instance is ruling the Iron city of Dis. Naturally, the best spell to represent him would be Iron Body.
    • Bel is a well known warlord and great commander of the Blood War. He could grant the Diabolist some martial boons in form of Armor or Strength.
    • Baalzebul, being the lovely Lord of Flies he is, may be particularly interested in granting Insect Plague.
    • Mammon on the other hand is greedy and lustful. Spells which influence the mind, such as Dire Charm, are probably one of his favourites.
    • The father/daughter couple Belial and Fierna have each their own specialities. But I'd say the two of them like fire and suffering all the same. Beltyn's Burning Blood seems like a nice choice here.
    • Levistus is a bit trickier, given his imprisonment in ice. His cultists are called bladereavers though. So having blade-like spells such as Blade Barrier may do the trick.
    • Mephistopheles rules a frigid layer of infinite winter. Any cold-based spell would do here, such as Cone of Cold.
    • Asmodeus is known as the most cunning archdevil and keeper of ancient secrets. I'm sure Contact Other Plane would fit like a glove for him.
    Also, Cacofiend summons an Nabassu. Having an Diabolist summon a Tanar'ri seems like a unhealthy choice in many ways.
    You could summon Pit Fiends and Cornugons though...?

I always viewed that summoning fiendish entities was more the Demonologist's forte. The Diabolist on the other hand could stand their ground with hellfire and using suggestions/charms for manipulating the weak willed. It may also be interesting to look at spells which have a good affinity with the Dukes of the Nine Hells.

• Dispater for instance is ruling the Iron city of Dis. Naturally, the best spell to represent him would be Iron Body.
    • Bel is a well known warlord and great commander of the Blood War. He could grant the Diabolist some martial boons in form of Armor or Strength.
    • Baalzebul, being the lovely Lord of Flies he is, may be particularly interested in granting Insect Plague.
    • Mammon on the other hand is greedy and lustful. Spells which influence the mind, such as Dire Charm, are probably one of his favourites.
    • The father/daughter couple Belial and Fierna have each their own specialities. But I'd say the two of them like fire and suffering all the same. Beltyn's Burning Blood seems like a nice choice here.
    • Levistus is a bit trickier, given his imprisonment in ice. His cultists are called bladereavers though. So having blade-like spells such as Blade Barrier may do the trick.
    • Mephistopheles rules a frigid layer of infinite winter. Any cold-based spell would do here, such as Cone of Cold.
    • Asmodeus is known as the most cunning archdevil and keeper of ancient secrets. I'm sure Contact Other Plane would fit like a glove for him.
    Also, Cacofiend summons an Nabassu. Having an Diabolist summon a Tanar'ri seems like a unhealthy choice in many ways.
    Lol, trafficking in demonology seems like an unhealthy choice in many ways...
    edited June 2017
    Sorry but that's nonsense. Each species of fiend requires other countermeasures for the spellcaster to take. Not to mention the goals of either mortal are completely different. Demonologists wish to summon and control demons. Diabolists however wish to become devils themselves. This requires negotiations with said devils and at the very least a non-good, lawful alignment. The term Infernal is also explicitly used when dealing with, and only with, the Nine Hells. Just looking at mechanics doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. Flavour is the real power.

If you wish to mish-mash regardless of fiendish origins, then at the very least think of different terms for people to make sense of it. Abyssal and Infernal won't cut it here. Just calling it the Fiendish sphere may work, but honestly it sounds somewhat lacking.
    I am not a modder but how possible is it to use IWD(2) assets such as various fiend types in making such a kit? And any acolyte of Garl Glittergold or Moradin planned for the next one?
    edited June 2017
    Book of

What are you even talking about? You are acting like this is a real thing in a sourcebook somewhere. (Grammarsalad might of course create any kits he likes... but I am not aware of any such thing.)

Indeed. Both the Demonologist and Diabolist are real things in DnD. Check out the Book of Vile Darkness to see where I was coming from. Oh, and no need to thank me. :P

I already said what I wanted to suggest for fleshing out the Diabolist and Infernal sphere. The rest is up to you guys.
    Doesn't gate summon a Pit Fiend?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I have a minor suggestion for the next update. The acolyte of Ilmater has protection as his focus, yet Ilmater being the god of Endurance and Suffering would make more sense with Vigor imo. Something to consider.