Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    edited June 2017
    I have noticed that Melf's acid arrow as a level 2 water sphere spell disappears with Spell Revisions installed; is that normal?
    Post edited by LupusSolus on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

I have noticed that Melf's acid arrow as a level 2 water sphere spell disappears with Spell Revisions installed; is that normal?

I don't think that's normal. SR just copies over MAA and we don't touch it except to add it to the sphere system. That's a different thing the the Besheba ability. What version are you using?

I don't think that's normal. SR just copies over MAA and we don't touch it except to add it to the sphere system. That's a different thing the the Besheba ability. What version are you using?
    .68? The latest one uploaded on github.
    Not sure if this will help but this is the version of SR I got;

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26517&page=1

and it is definitely .68 of Faiths and Powers...
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    FnP has a 0.68 release? I only see 0.64a on page 1.
    edited June 2017

FnP has a 0.68 release? I only see 0.64a on page 1.

Yeah, it's not officially released. But you can find it here:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers (just Click on clone or download). It's not thoroughly tested and we are updating frequently, so we haven't released it yet.

Not sure if this will help but this is the version of SR I got;

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26517&page=1

and it is definitely .68 of Faiths and Powers...

I wonder if this is an sr issue...

Edit: Kreso/ @Aasim has an updated version here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65236/spell-revisions-beta15#latest

Erm, I actually commented out Acid Arrow in the recent builds. With Frost Fingers and Icelance and a bunch of other water-based direct-damage stuff, Acid Arrow is not really necessary. And it's really a signature wizard spell, we should leave some cool stuff just for wizards (like, Fireball isn't in the Sphere of Fire). Plus, it's Melf's Acid Arrow. And Melf was a wizard.

But if you want it enabled, you can just open up /Faiths_and_Powers/lib/sphere_list_base.tpa and delete the double-slash ("//") in front of it, before installing the mod.

I agree with you actually. I guess that is why Vitriolic sphere went as well. Wizards do need some love.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

I just uploaded v0.69a, still trying to tweak this idea of what to do with "hellish" spells. Again, to clarify, I am coming at this NOT from the perspective of, "here is a kit, now what should we design around the concept of this kit or character," but rather from the perspective of, "here are a couple hundred spells in the game, how should we organize them and/or lump them together in a way that seems sensible?"

With that in mind, I realized that a bunch of the new Shaman spells seem to be about spiritual torment or something like that. I mean look at that HLA. So I took that idea and ran with it, for a groups of spells based around spiritual torment, "hell" broadly writ - i.e. the afterlife for mortals in spiritual torment - and the denizens of "hell"... call it the sphere of "Perdition," with these spells:
    - Spirit Ward (kind of like ProEvil, but specifically against planar creatures... it will be expanded to provide ProEvil-like protection when you summon demons)
    - Writhing Fog
    - Spirit Fire
    - Burning Blood
    - Spirit Lock
    - Cacofiend
    - Malavon's Rage
    - Summon Fiend
    - HLA: Ethereal Retribution
    - HLA: Summon Balor (if/when we get around to creating this, or borrowing the one from aTweaks)

The Exploration sphere has:
    - Expeditious Retreat
    - Find Traps (moved to level 1)
    - self-Haste (like Mazzy's - level 2)
    - Free Action (moved to level 3 so you can have this spell with minor access to the sphere)\
    - Wizard Eye
    - Dimension Door
    - Teleport Field
    - Improved Haste
    - Freedom
    - Ether Gate
    - HLA: ?????

The Exploration and Perdition spheres are live in v0.69a, but no kits have them assigned yet.

If GS and/or players don't like this concept of the Perdition sphere, it can be renamed and/or scrapped and/or whatever.

Nature'S wrath? How is that looking?
    One minor thing about the Cleric of Umberlee; why does this have major access to Fire? Umberlee is the Goddess of the Sea so fire does not really make sense.
    edited June 2017
    I notice that the Elementalist focus for the day acts as a cast on one person spell instead of on caster only. It allows me to select who I cast it on. I would not think this is correct?

Edit: In BGEE, when I select Cleric I no longer get the option to select Acolyte and in game only cleric choices show up when selecting a kit. I have 0.69a installed.
    edited June 2017

I just uploaded v0.69a, still trying to tweak this idea of what to do with "hellish" spells. Again, to clarify, I am coming at this NOT from the perspective of, "here is a kit, now what should we design around the concept of this kit or character," but rather from the perspective of, "here are a couple hundred spells in the game, how should we organize them and/or lump them together in a way that seems sensible?"

With that in mind, I realized that a bunch of the new Shaman spells seem to be about spiritual torment or something like that. I mean look at that HLA. So I took that idea and ran with it, for a groups of spells based around spiritual torment, "hell" broadly writ - i.e. the afterlife for mortals in spiritual torment - and the denizens of "hell"... call it the sphere of "Perdition," with these spells:
    - Spirit Ward (kind of like ProEvil, but specifically against planar creatures... it will be expanded to provide ProEvil-like protection when you summon demons)
    - Writhing Fog
    - Spirit Fire
    - Burning Blood
    - Spirit Lock
    - Cacofiend
    - Malavon's Rage
    - Summon Fiend
    - HLA: Ethereal Retribution
    - HLA: Summon Balor (if/when we get around to creating this, or borrowing the one from aTweaks)

The Exploration sphere has:
    - Expeditious Retreat
    - Find Traps (moved to level 1)
    - self-Haste (like Mazzy's - level 2)
    - Free Action (moved to level 3 so you can have this spell with minor access to the sphere)\
    - Wizard Eye
    - Dimension Door
    - Teleport Field
    - Improved Haste
    - Freedom
    - Ether Gate
    - HLA: ?????

The Exploration and Perdition spheres are live in v0.69a, but no kits have them assigned yet.

If GS and/or players don't like this concept of the Perdition sphere, it can be renamed and/or scrapped and/or whatever.

Nature'S wrath? How is that looking?
    I'm in the process of integrating spell fixes with fnp. So, soon...ish. Soonish.

One minor thing about the Cleric of Umberlee; why does this have major access to Fire? Umberlee is the Goddess of the Sea so fire does not really make sense.

I copied talos as he is the most similar to umberlee (both being gods of fury) as the template. This slipped through

I notice that the Elementalist focus for the day acts as a cast on one person spell instead of on caster only. It allows me to select who I cast it on. I would not think this is correct?

Edit: In BGEE, when I select Cleric I no longer get the option to select Acolyte and in game only cleric choices show up when selecting a kit. I have 0.69a installed.

Yup. That stuff needs to be addressed.

Edit: i have yet to duplicate the latter
    edited June 2017
    One more. The Elementalist Charm Elemental ability can be cast on anybody. I cast it on Ajantas and it put the Dominated icon on him and said he is dominated,

Edit:
    Two more things -
    1) Mystic only allows alignment of True Neutral. Older versions allowed any neutral alignment.
    2) When dual classing from a fighter to a Mystic, you need to meet all Druid requirements (True Neutral with 17+ WIS and 17+ CHA). This was in older versions as well though I would think this does not align with how you have Mystics setup.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on

One more. The Elementalist Charm Elemental ability can be cast on anybody. I cast it on Ajantas and it put the Dominated icon on him and said he is dominated,

Not good. Idistinctly remember adding protection for non elementals... Will check

Edit:
    Two more things -
    1) Mystic only allows alignment of True Neutral. Older versions allowed any neutral alignment.
    2) When dual classing from a fighter to a Mystic, you need to meet all Druid requirements (True Neutral with 17+ WIS and 17+ CHA). This was in older versions as well though I would think this does not align with how you have Mystics setup.

Indeed

Edit:
    Two more things -

I am not able to duplicate these issues
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    Hi, I am just wondering, how is the compatibility of shaman kit and FnP at this version?

I have encountered in previous version that no divine spell can be selected for my shaman when I installed FnP.
    edited June 2017

Hi, I am just wondering, how is the compatibility of shaman kit and FnP at this version?

I have encountered in previous version that no divine spell can be selected for my shaman when I installed FnP.

Yeah, we haven't addressed the shaman, yet. We want to do not only the shaman, but we also want to add a favored soul.

As for spell selection, we will have to do something similar to the way sorcerers are handled in tome and blood-- spell selection via dialog

Cross post

I thought the Shaman is getting spells via the sphere system?

I'm not at my computer, anyone with an FnP install wanna run a quick test?
    Oh. Look at that. I'll try to test. I may not have time today
    Hmm. I installed 0.69a on BGEE and I see those two issues:

Edit:
    Two more things -

When I get home I will take screen shots and post them.
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2017
    Thank you. I can't even create a shaman PC at the moment. I have to select two level 1 spell in character creation screen and there is only one cure light wound can be selected, so I stuck there.

Maybe it caused by NPC_EE mod or SoB? I am not sure.
    edited June 2017
    edited June 2017

Hmm. I installed 0.69a on BGEE and I see those two issues:

Edit:
    Two more things -

When I get home I will take screen shots and post them.

I found the true neutral thing with the avenger, so far.

@subtledoctor yeah, you can't create a shaman at the moment (at least in bg2ee). In bg2ee, you get stuck with selecting spells known.

We need to zero out the relevant 2da.

I just had a cool idea cool idea to further accentuate differences between kits with different sphere access, while still making sure everyone has the capability to handle different situations and not be gimped:

What if you get spells in your minor access spheres later than spells in your major access spheres? I don't mean change their level; only to actually grant them at the level when you are granted higher-level major access spells. So:

- Level 1: you get 1st-level spells in your major-access spheres
    - Level 3: you get 2nd-level major-access spells, and 1st-level minor-access spells
    - Level 5: you get 3rd-level major-access spells, and 2nd-level minor-access spells
    - Level 7: you get 4th-level major-access spells, and 3rd-level minor-access spells
    - Level 9: you get 5th-level major-access spells
    - Etc.

So the idea is, at the highest level of spells you can cast, you are restricted to major-access spheres. This way, the distinction between major access and minor access is noticeable (but not fatal) at BG1 levels in addition to BG2 levels.

that is nifty...I like it a lot. Still, I think that there should be some level limit. What if we limited it to level 5 spells?
    @Grammarsalad , in BGEE (with SoD installed) you start a new game in BGEE part and select Mystic as the class. You see more alignment options then True Neutral?
    edited June 2017

@Grammarsalad , in BGEE (with SoD installed) you start a new game in BGEE part and select Mystic as the class. You see more alignment options then True Neutral?

I do with option 1, though there are a lot of kits to go through. The Avenger is only true neutral, but none of the druids so far. Still need to check others.

that is nifty...I like it a lot. Still, I think that there should be some level limit. What if we limited it to level 5 spells?

Well it's self-limiting because minor access only goes up to 3rd level spells. So, to put it another way (I've been having a hard time communicating it):

In BG2 you see huge differences between major-access spheres and minor-access spheres - because you get no high-level spells at all from minor-access spheres. But at low levels, you get all spells from both, so there is no difference. So right now the system works like this:
    Level: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Major: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Minor: 1 2 3
    (If you look at a clab table you can see this is literally what it looks like.)

I'm suggesting switching to something like this:
    Level: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Major: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Minor: 1 2 3
    Oh, i see. I understood that delayed access was meant to replace the 3rd level cap. I didn't catch the discrepancy at 9th level.

I get it, now. That sounds good
    Has the Beshaba saving throw bug bonus been fixed in the latest version?