Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• CavakCavak Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2018
    @subtledoctor @Grammarsalad
    So, I have been working on modding my Android version. I actually have a pretty limited set I'm focused on. FnP, Might/Guile, npc_ee, scs, bg1npc and unfinished biz.

Everything installs well, and with the new beta 2.5 menus for kits etc and sphere works as on PC. However, when casting IWD spells, specifically sunscorch, the game crashes.

PC i used BWS and did a pretty big install, so I'm wondering if there is a dependency I'm missing that BWS auto accounted for. I thought that FnP was standalone at this point.

I've tried on both the 1.3 Android version and the 2.5 beta, both have the same result of a crash with IWD spells (I'm always testing with sunscorch because I know the ranger/cleric Melikki has that spell, and that's the kit/sphere I would like to play)

When installing everything I listed above, but omitting the sphere system it all goes smoothly. Am I missing a mod FnP requires to run those IWD spells?
    Post edited by Cavak on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Cavak said:

@subtledoctor @Grammarsalad
    So, I have been working on modding my Android version. I actually have a pretty limited set I'm focused on. FnP, Might/Guile, npc_ee, scs, bg1npc and unfinished biz.

Everything installs well, and with the new beta 2.5 menus for kits etc and sphere works as on PC. However, when casting IWD spells, specifically sunscorch, the game crashes.

PC i used BWS and did a pretty big install, so I'm wondering if there is a dependency I'm missing that BWS auto accounted for. I thought that FnP was standalone at this point.

I've tried on both the 1.3 Android version and the 2.5 beta, both have the same result of a crash with IWD spells (I'm always testing with sunscorch because I know the ranger/cleric Melikki has that spell, and that's the kit/sphere I would like to play)

When installing everything I listed above, but omitting the sphere system it all goes smoothly. Am I missing a mod FnP requires to run those IWD spells?

Are you able to install IWDification on your Android? Try installing the priest spells before fnp, and see if that works
    edited February 2018

Are you able to install IWDification on your Android? Try installing the priest spells before fnp, and see if that works

Unfortunately it didn't work. The new spell animation showed up, but upon reaching the end of cast time, when the beam of orange should show and strike the enemy, game just crashes.

From IWDification i included the new animations, arcane pack (since I saw a few arcane spells from IWD in some of the sphere levels) and the divine pack. Installed prior to FnP.

When installing FNP I am picking option 1, all kits and sphere system. At the end when it finishes installing it lists a ton of kits it says its skipping and that its skipping the sphere system. I assumed it mean those items as independent components since I installed the combo, but maybe I'm wrong there? Even though it says its skipping those kits, they do appear in game and that lent itself to my assumption.

I will try a few different iterations, but might just default to using the kits without sphere system. The Meilikki kit is only available with the sphere system it looks like, so I might just go fighter/cleric and take a cleric kit instead.

I'm down to work through running down ideas if you have any. Was looking to do a full saga playthrough but cant be tied to my laptop for it, so android. Really wanted the sphere system, played it before and its one of my favorite.

Thanks for all you do!

-Cavak

Edit: Its definitely the IWD spells. Just installed IWDification on a clean install (nothing else installed including FnP) and cast sunscorch and same crash. So, not unique to your mod, but for whatever reason the IWD spells aren't translating well to android. Cant imagine why.

Post edited by Cavak on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2018
    Bug report. When the Battleguard of Tempus tries to induce Rage in others, as per his special ability, only the Battleguard himself is affected.

BG:SOD 2.3 with FnP 0.74s, and a bunch of other, major mods - TandB, MnG, SoB, etc.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Cavak said:

Unfortunately it didn't work. The new spell animation showed up, but upon reaching the end of cast time, when the beam of orange should show and strike the enemy, game just crashes.

From IWDification i included the new animations, arcane pack (since I saw a few arcane spells from IWD in some of the sphere levels) and the divine pack. Installed prior to FnP.

When installing FNP I am picking option 1, all kits and sphere system. At the end when it finishes installing it lists a ton of kits it says its skipping and that its skipping the sphere system. I assumed it mean those items as independent components since I installed the combo, but maybe I'm wrong there? Even though it says its skipping those kits, they do appear in game and that lent itself to my assumption.

I will try a few different iterations, but might just default to using the kits without sphere system. The Meilikki kit is only available with the sphere system it looks like, so I might just go fighter/cleric and take a cleric kit instead.

I'm down to work through running down ideas if you have any. Was looking to do a full saga playthrough but cant be tied to my laptop for it, so android. Really wanted the sphere system, played it before and its one of my favorite.

Thanks for all you do!

-Cavak

Edit: Its definitely the IWD spells. Just installed IWDification on a clean install (nothing else installed including FnP) and cast sunscorch and same crash. So, not unique to your mod, but for whatever reason the IWD spells aren't translating well to android. Cant imagine why.

Yeah, i have no idea why it wouldn't work on Android. As this is also a problem with IWDification, we should also let @CamDawg know. My terribly uninformed guess is that this is ultimately an Android thing.
    edited February 2018
    The toon casts the spells but there is no effect at all on Cloudburst. With Sunscorch, I get a notification if they pass their save, but if the spell lands then it just gives me a random string of dialogue

Well I did find this on the g3 forum for Iwdification, so I'm guessing it's related. This was from like May 2017 and I didn't see it mentioned in the update notes since then.

I'm gonna try a few other random things like fixpack on Iwdification in case its part of original iwd bugs.

It's definite that the spell is working on a Windows install of FnP (tested) but that same install has...like everything installed and is EET, so who knows what's overwriting what. I'll have to see if I have the heart to do a fresh Windows install and tinker.

Anyway, thanks for the help and letting me clutter your thread for a few days!

Edit: one more question, does FnP add any of the iwd spells to enemy tables? I'm going to test the other spells and if it's just sunscorch I just won't cast that one, but I don't wanna get stuck in a battle with an enemy casting and crashing me in an endless loop lol.
    Looks like it's spells that deal damage, curse works, expedited retreat works, but sunscorch and cause wounds both crash it.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2018
    Some minor bug reports (v74.25)

Under some spheres combinations, I'm gaining slow poison twice. AFAIK only Vigor should give this spell, so it must be wrongly associated with other spheres too.

The spheres combination that this happened were:

1)

Major Spheres: Benediction, Dread, Fire, Healing, Thought.
    Minor Spheres: Knowledge, Light, Protection, Vigor.

2)

Major Spheres: Air, Destruction, Dread, War, Water.
    Minor Spheres: Affliction, Benediction, Death, Healing.

3)

Major Spheres: Benediction, Healing, Exploration, Protection, Vigor.
    Minor Spheres: Light, Knowledge, Plant, Thought.

4)

Major Spheres: Benediction, Earth, Protection, Vigor, War.
    Minor Spheres: Healing, Thought.

5)

Major Spheres: Healing, Protection, Light, Vigor, Knowledge.
    Minor Spheres: Benediction, Fire, Thought, War.

Sometimes it appears twice as a 2nd-level spell (like in 1), sometimes as a 1st and 2nd-level spell (like in 5).

None of the kits have "Focus" access. Only minor and major.

---

One kit I created is gaining four "Memorize Scrolls".

---

Installation method: 3 (just the sphere system).

Game: IWD 2.5b (Steam).
    @Grammarsalad @subtledoctor @CamDawg
    Just an update, it looks like this came down to purely the method of how the files were packaged.

The lang/en_US/dialog.tlk file was the only thing that should have been zipped and run through centralfix (a program a developer created that fixes headers to be read by the game)

All other files should be loose in the data folder and following the same file structure as the modding environment once you finish modding.

This is contrary to the instructions I followed initially which had everything zipped up in an archive together, presumably for speed but it had a tendency to throw invalids.

Anyway, it works flawlessly which is great because I had the stubborn insistence to play a ranger/cleric of Meilikki and have the benefits and limitations for the sphere system in. Apparently nothing else would do!

Appreciate the help. This was a pretty raw description too, so if anyone wants a more specific explanation let know.

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    The only thing about a Cleric/Ranger multi-class is even the Ranger spells are major access. So this kit is loaded with spells.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2018
    Bug report: with FnP installed, Tiax loses his special ability to summon a ghast.

Not a huge loss, considering what he gains, but Tiax rules just a little less, and Cyric may be displeased (or he may have rabid ferrets in his pants, there's no telling with Cyric).
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    edited February 2018

Bug report: with FnP installed, Tiax loses his special ability to summon a ghast.

Really?? I'm not sure how that could happen. Are we deleting innate abilities?
    @subtledoctor , @Grammarsalad

I have just tested this on this install:
    * BGee:SOD 2.3 straight from the Beamdog Client
    * Faiths and Powers 0.74s (full install/option 1)
    * the EEUI Tweaks component for easier (cheating) travel by Elminster.

In order to test my hypothesis, I approached all characters in the BGee part of the game (not the SOD part) with unique abilities.

1) I BOTH summoned the characters by console
    2) AND traveled to their respective areas to meet them
    3) And in both cases, joined them to my parties by CTRL-Q.

Conclusion: Tiax, Quayle, Branwen, Dynaheir, Faldorn, Yeslick, Minsc LOSE their unique ability.

HOWEVER; Eldoth retains his ability to make poison arrows. Safana retains her Charm ('Safana's Kiss') ability.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    edited March 2018
    I have just done a fresh install including this mod. Having done that the Paladin option has disappeared.

I may be wrongly assuming that it is the result of this mod.

I CAN still import old Paladin Characters so can presumably add old paladin kits to them using EE Keeper.
    I am wondering if the change is deliberate or accidental.

EDIT

After using EE Keeper, I have discovered that the Inquisitor is now a kit of the Champion Class. However that kit is not accessible from the menu. I presume therefore that the change is deliberate.

edited March 2018

I have just done a fresh install including this mod. Having done that the Paladin option has disappeared.

I may be wrongly assuming that it is the result of this mod.

I CAN still import old Paladin Characters so can presumably add old paladin kits to them using EE Keeper.
    I am wondering if the change is deliberate or accidental.

The vanilla Paladin and its kits are replaced by Champions of various gods. Some of them, such as the Paladins of Tyr, Kelemvor, and Azuth, are functionally identical to the old Cavalier, Undead Hunter, and Inquisitor. The Blackguard kit is unchanged (except for added Sphere access).

I suspect that the Paladin class was renamed because "Paladin" has a very specific set of connotations to veteran players of ADnD games, and a Paladin of Bane wouldn't feel right. All Paladins are lower-case champions of their gods, but not all upper-case Champions are Paladins.

However, the point of this part of Faiths and Powers is that it expands the Paladin concept into holy warriors of a variety of screeds and alignments. The main division now is Champion (paladin-esque warriors in full plate and packing steel) and Zealots (think Very Angry Rangers with divine powers). Both are found under the Champion section in character generation.

Want a black knight of Talos or Bane or Garagos, or the epitome of elvendom, the holy warrior of Corellon Larethian? Now you can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Zealots (think Very Angry Rangers )

:lol:
    Love it.

- For mods like "Deities of Faerun," @Raduziel will be able to prevent FnP's cleric kits from being installed, so there won't be overlap. But the ranger/paladin/druid kits will still be installed.

This change should actually be pretty easy. I'll work on it when I can.

Could Acolytes, the Ur-priest, and other special cases be moved out of the Cleric group and into a new group? Would that prevent them from being overwritten by DoF ? I mean, those are really inspired and unique. One Helm kit is more or less the same as any other Helm kit; not so for Acolytes, etc.
    edited March 2018
    I have just made a Zealot of Correlon. It says that it is a ranger. No mention of Zealot of Correlon. I think this was mentioned earlier a long time ago. Any idea when it will be fixed? Also I was thinking of having a party of Correlon adherants. A zealot and a cleric for instance. I know divine remix have the cleric. Is that mod compatible?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited March 2018
    Contemplative_Hamster said: subtledoctor said: Contemplative_Hamster said:Bug report: with FnP installed, Tiax loses his special ability to summon a ghast.

In order to test my hypothesis, I approached all characters in the BGee part of the game (not the SOD part) with unique abilities.

Conclusion: Tiax, Quayle, Branwen, Dynaheir, Faldorn, Yeslick, Minsc LOSE their unique ability.

HOWEVER; Eldoth retains his ability to make poison arrows. Safana retains her Charm ('Safana's Kiss') ability.

I presume that most of these probs can be rectified with EE Keeper?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited March 2018

I presume that most of these probs can be rectified with EE Keeper?
    Definitely. I just tried it.

Edit:

These are the EEkeeper codes for the special abilities.
    Use these until @grammarsalad and @subtledoctor update FnP.
    Simply add them to the NPC in question under the "Innate" tab.
    By default, the ability will be set to 0 uses/day. Remember to change that, or the ability won't appear in-game.

Tiax: Summon Ghast - SPIN115 - 1 use/day
    Quayle: Invisibility - SPIN118 - 1 use/day
    Branwen: Spiritual Hammer - SPIN113 - 3 uses/day
    Dynaheir: Slow Poison - SPIN102 - 1 use/day
    Faldorn: Summon Dread Wolf - SPIN114 - 1 use/day
    Yeslick: Dispel Magic - SPIN112 - 1 use/day
    Minsc: Berserk - SPIN117 - 1 use/day

Edit 2: I suppose one could also just add these to the .cre files once and for all to one's current game install, rather than every time these NPCs join your party?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Grammarsalad @subtledoctor Just to notify that the Mask Summons error was a DoF issue, not a FnP issue. I fixed it already.

I'm terribly sorry about the false alarm.