Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    So, uh, weird bug. Gnome Fastpaws spell list has level 4 Insect Plague:

Cast on the cow: No effect.

Cast on the farmer: Farmer turns hostile, Insect Plague AOE hits caster.

Cast on self: No effect on self, Insect Plague AOE hits enemy.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @Pantalion Cows not being affected is likely normal behavior - they have no scripts, so they cannot turn hostile when you attack them.

As for the rest, @subtledoctor , I believe this may be the problem (from sphere_system.tpa):
    LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 146 target = %eff_target% power = %lvl% parameter2 = 2 timing = 9 STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~%the_spell%~ END
    The "Parameter2=2" option has slightly different functionality than the other two options for this opcode.
    Options "0" and "1" force the "caster" to cast the spell at the "target".
    Option "2" forces the "target" to cast the spell, at itself, and as such the Enemy/Ally distinction is based on the target's allegiance, not the caster's.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    kjeron said:

@Pantalion Cows not being affected is likely normal behavior - they have no scripts, so they cannot turn hostile when you attack them.

The cow not turning hostile is fine, but generally one would expect the spell should kill the cow regardless, unless Insect Plague only being able to hurt hostile targets is standard vanilla behaviour, which could be the case with my memory, but I'd certainly prefer to be able to smother neutral targets in bees while cackling. As it is, none of the original targets took damage, so I imagine it's related to what you've mentioned.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Thanks, but after saving, I couldn't figure out how to rid of the file extention to turn it into a 2da file again. Just opted for a fresh install. That also helps with keeping the installations of BG1 & 2 the same, facilitating importing characters.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Opcode 146:
    0: (Caster) casts (Resource) at level (Parameter1) at (Target), using normal casting time.
    1: (Caster) casts (Resource) at level (Caster level) at (Target), instantly.
    2: (Target) casts (Resource) at level (Parameter1) at (Target), instantly.

Opcode 148:
    0: (Target) casts (Resource) at level (Paramter1) at (Target Point), using normal casting time.
    1: (Target) casts (Resource) at level (Caster level) at (Target Point), instantly.
    -: There is no option 2 for this opcode. It's rather limited.

When Parameter1 = 0, Caster level is used for all of them.
    The "ignore level" really means "ignore parameter1".
  • Pharaun159Pharaun159 Member Posts: 41
    Im sooooo loving this mod. Im loving the Gloryblood of Tempus. I love the breakaway from the comon paladin, in the potrayal of a man purely exemplifying... Not goodness... Not evilness...but simply a pure expression of mans ability to rise through conflict. The battlefield doesnt care who you are. Its a great equilizer. Someone who not only rises, but furthur leads to victory and embraces it... That is a paladin of war. Freaking love it!
    So, so far here are the bugs im seeing.
    On the fighter priest class hand of torm, once you reach high level abilitys, every level up puts the deity selection power back on again. Also the hla that gives you an additional 7th level spell will only work untill the next time you level up.. Then it erases that spell slot. Other bug im seeing is messing up the lore on blade class.. Somehow my lore is in the relm of 280 at lvl 11 lol.
    To be clear: Regional Rangers not getting feats is intentional, right? If so, would it be an option to still have the "Trueclass" available with regular spellcasting and feats?
    Oh, ok. Luckily, I didn't re-install anything yet. Thanks for the ongoing support!
    Is it possible to add some of your priest hla's to the champion class's. Purity of body, divine aura, and an hla that boosts charisma and wisdom seems like something that should be there. Seeing as a fighter priest has them, seem apprpriate that a champion... Which is basically a specialized fighter cleric with leadership abilities. Summoning a deva was definetlt overpowered for vanilla, but shows that champions had priestly hla's before.
    Just seems like a way to cut down some micro management of the character late game... especially since the moment you hit ToB all balance breaks into nothingness and about all you can do is throw half a dozen points into greater wirlwind lol. I love ToB for the conclusion of the story, but it really breaks the game. My champion was Sword and Board through most of the game... in ToB your armor count means diddly. Perhaps, in regards to Scales of Balance, you could lower the frequency of the Shield Bash from the teir 2 proficiency and add a static damage reduction as you did to armors. Might help some late game balancing.
    edited February 2018
    On icewind dale, im noticing that the only Champion Classes showing up under select deity, are for helm or azuth. Tried different alignments to check.

More specifics:
    For Neutral good, lawfull neutral, true neutral... the only champions are Azuth or Helm. Lawfull good brings up Tyr, and the evil ones work that ive tested. Not seeing Gloryblood under any alignment.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2018
    Way, way, back in the thread, on a page like in the early 40s, we had a long discussion about IWDee vs. FnP. The gist of it is that because IWDee is on the 1.4 patch, much of what FnP does is not possible in IWDee at the moment. That includes evil Champions, and in many other ways alignment is an issue. This will be fixed once the 2.5 patch arrives. So, happily, this issue will go away soon.

Edit: However, I did play a game of IWDee with a Champion of Talos and a Champion of Myrkul, both evil, so it's not as simple as "evil champions are not possible." I forget the details, and I am but a fanboy and not the mod's author. It's something to do with the Falling mechanism for paladins and evil champions of non-evil gods, as I recall. Again, happily, this issue should go away once the 2.5 patch arrives.

Edit: woo, 500th post.
    Ok, thats helpfull. Thread is so long now, that finding anything is a pain. Really need an faq lol.
    In regards to the spheres of influence, what is the benefit of having Focus Access? I see the difference between minor and major, but dont see anything in the chart about what you gain from Focus access.
    edited February 2018

In regards to the spheres of influence, what is the benefit of having Focus Access? I see the difference between minor and major, but dont see anything in the chart about what you gain from Focus access.

level 2 spells become level 1 spells for someone with Focus access; level 3 spells become level 2; and so forth. Quite a powerful ability.
    Ok now that is usefull as heck! Would be especially so for Champions, since they only gain up to level 4 spells. Wonder if it would serve Champions better to have only 4 Spheres of influence, but 2 of which are Focus. It would further diversify the Champions, and make their Spell casting better serveing for late game purposes, as well as further represent themselves as the EXTREMES of what they stand for. As it stands you pretty much only use, negative plane protections, protect against evil, remove disease, and remove curse for late game... maybe draw upon holy might.

This might simplify some of the coding as well, though im hardly well versed in code. Might just make a crapton more work.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    AFAIK, only Acolytes (aka the frail clerics) have Focus access.
    Fight/clerics and clerics of torm have focus access to protection i believe. Mystics have focus access in their respective elements. ranger/ priest of meilikki have focus access to vigor. Priest/ theif of sune has focus in thought, and mask has focus in deception.
    It really wouldnt be op for a champion to have focus, simply because regardless, he can still only reach level 4 spells... so they'd only gain a couple 5th level spells. The others they would gain from the focus they couldnt cast anyway. Be a marginal bump in power, but would grant some longevity to their casting.

Im going off the provided chart. Hopefully its up to date.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited February 2018

Way, way, back in the thread, on a page like in the early 40s, we had a long discussion about IWDee vs. FnP. The gist of it is that because IWDee is on the 1.4 patch, much of what FnP does is not possible in IWDee at the moment. That includes evil Champions, and in many other ways alignment is an issue. This will be fixed once the 2.5 patch arrives. So, happily, this issue will go away soon.

Edit: However, I did play a game of IWDee with a Champion of Talos and a Champion of Myrkul, both evil, so it's not as simple as "evil champions are not possible." I forget the details, and I am but a fanboy and not the mod's author. It's something to do with the Falling mechanism for paladins and evil champions of non-evil gods, as I recall. Again, happily, this issue should go away once the 2.5 patch arrives.

Edit: woo, 500th post.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder.

The 2.5 patch isn't official yet, right? Anyway, I'll be able to add those missing champions when it is.

Iirc, the issue was that you can have paladins that don't fall, but they have to be evil as they must use the blackguard usability flag in iwdee 1.4. A non evil pally with that flag will fall immediately, at least in that engine. As such certain gods that both allow non evil followers but also where it didn't make sense to have their followers fall couldn't be properly implemented.

The most glaring absence is Tempus, imo. You couldn't have (e.g.) a chaotic neutral champ of Tempus (that wouldn't fall if you got too kill crazy, which really felt wrong. Anyway, should be fixed soon
    Lo cant wait for that one. Tempus is the man! Played completely through baldurs with Gloryblood. He kicked ass. Weapon mastery, rage, plus double damage smite? Yes please!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2018
    @Grammarsalad & @subtledoctor, I notice that Anoman does not get any of the FnP epic picks. He gets the normal Cleric picks only (spells only). I checked in EEKeeper and he shows as a kit of Watcher of Helm.
    And like my Ur Priest, none of the spells show up in my 7th level spells to memorize.

I am in BG2EE and using the FnP build 0.74.24.

EDIT: I see the epic spells are default memorized now and no longer take 7th level slots (FnP may have always been this way, but I just noticed).
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    edited February 2018
    Hi @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad , a few comments and a question.

1) I have a suggestion that will require both FnP and NPC_ee: Add an option in NPC_ee to make Viconia a Shadow Mystic (specifically). Of course, that'll require first turning Viconia into a mystic, i.e. druid base, before adding the shadow kit. To keep the flavour, I'd suggest breaking your class-in-Weidu, kit-in-game principle for NPC_ee in this one case by adding the shadow mystic kit directly in Weidu - or else we'll get e.g. Fire Mystic Viconias, and that's just silly. I really like the Shadowcloak of Shar kit for Viconia, but I think the Shadow Mystic also has some merit and flavour for Viconia. Shar is shadow deified, an ur-deity and force in FR lore.

2) Incidentally, I think the Shadowcloak (acolyte) kit could be toned down a bit. Those special abilities accumulate fast and hard. The Blur ability for instance, that spell is already in the Deception sphere, level 2. The Power Word: Sleep ability accumulates very quickly, one use every few levels, and I guess it's a copy of the Sleep Spell? That spell, under the name of Drowse (due to SR?), is a 1st level spell already available to the Shadowcloak.

3) Thirdly, now that you have made fighter/mystics and druid/thieves, are you thinking about making thief/mystics? I think a thief/shadow mystic would make sense, and would also fit with NPC_ee's existing option to make Viconia a cleric/thief (to which I'd always add the Shadowcloak kit).

All of this is improving on perfection, of course, not out of any dire need.
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Hi @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad , a few comments and a question.

1) I have a suggestion that will require both FnP and NPC_ee: Add an option in NPC_ee to make Viconia a Shadow Mystic (specifically). Of course, that'll require first turning Viconia into a mystic, i.e. druid base, before adding the shadow kit. To keep the flavour, I'd suggest breaking your class-in-Weidu, kit-in-game principle for NPC_ee in this one case by adding the shadow mystic kit directly in Weidu - or else we'll get e.g. Fire Mystic Viconias, and that's just silly. I really like the Shadowcloak of Shar kit for Viconia, but I think the Shadow Mystic also has some merit and flavour for Viconia. Shar is shadow deified, an ur-deity and force in FR lore.

2) Incidentally, I think the Shadowcloak (acolyte) kit could be toned down a bit. Those special abilities accumulate fast and hard. The Blur ability for instance, that spell is already in the Deception sphere, level 2. The Power Word: Sleep ability accumulates very quickly, one use every few levels, and I guess it's a copy of the Sleep Spell? That spell, under the name of Drowse (due to SR?), is a 1st level spell already available to the Shadowcloak.

3) Thirdly, now that you have made fighter/mystics and druid/thieves, are you thinking about making thief/mystics? I think a thief/shadow mystic would make sense, and would also fit with NPC_ee's existing option to make Viconia a cleric/thief (to which I'd always add the Shadowcloak kit).

All of this is improving on perfection, of course, not out of any dire need.

Just about all of this stuff falls under @subtledoctor 's purview. They are taking a break atm, so we may not take a look at this for some time. Please feel free to bring this issue up again at a later time if we seem to be overlooking it. It's not intentional, just left hand/right hand stuff..
    edited February 2018
    Cheers. It's hardly critical bugfixing, merely a few ideas, so no worries.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on