Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

A while back I reported an issue with mod-added stores being empty and unusable after FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 105 // Select an installation method below: -> no new kits - JUST install the sphere system
    ia installed.
    I'm now in BG2EE and find others this time ARENAM2.STO from Region of Terror mod.
    If you need more data tell me, I don't know if the issue is fixed already, this thread is just too big and there's no search function on this forum.

There is a search function, it's on the left.

For now just noting whatever stores you see issues with would be very helpful. Then we'll simply carve those stores out as an exception to the store patching code. The end result won't be perfect - some store might not buy halberds from you, or something like that. But it will be far less significant than the store not working at all.
    Some more that I found
    - from Darkest Day >>>DD0334.sto, DDPoten1.sto
    - from Drizzt Saga >>>F_Ninshp.sto
    - From DSotSC >>>>DSTrungl
    - From Grey Clan >>>BW05Jere
    - From RoT >>> Arlax1 and 4, Bremen3

some I cannot allocate to a mod >>>>3314FRGE (RoT?), BGSell1b, bargood, Calimart, Calshop1
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    DymeDef said:

@Grammarsalad id like to make the mod I'm cleaning up and updating to be compatible with your spell pack. The only thing I need to do in order for it to be compatible is add an effect to any spell that resurects. I have it all ready to add effects to a spell, other than I'm not sure if you guys have a list of your spells I can go through instead of going through each one, one by one

Thanks

Perhaps you could help me out @subtledoctor

If there's no resurrection sspells added then it will be innately compatible. But if you have any that you added, could you send me the spell file names for them?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66

DymeDef said:

DymeDef said:

@Grammarsalad id like to make the mod I'm cleaning up and updating to be compatible with your spell pack. The only thing I need to do in order for it to be compatible is add an effect to any spell that resurects. I have it all ready to add effects to a spell, other than I'm not sure if you guys have a list of your spells I can go through instead of going through each one, one by one

Thanks

Perhaps you could help me out @subtledoctor

If there's no resurrection sspells added then it will be innately compatible. But if you have any that you added, could you send me the spell file names for them?
    I think all of our spells just use 146/148 to cast the vanilla spells. Although I guess Grammarsalad has added some, but I don't think any of them raise the dead.

But perhaps it would be better for your mod to use CLONE_EFFECT to identify any spells that use the raise dead opcode (or whatever) and add your effects. That way you can be sure to cast a net wide enough to catch any mod-added spells.
    Oh my goodness, this will make patching any spell mods so much easier. Thank you for this, now I can just let weidu do it's thing in finding all the spells it needs to change instead of manually doing it. You have saved me lots of time, thanks.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Grammarsalad, I have Tenya (as Waveservant of Umberlee) in BGEE with an XP cap remover. So she got to 9th level before my fight with Seravoc. I was able to summon the water elemental to the fight.
    Now I am in SoD and the Summon water elemental spell does not work. Tenya goes through the casting motions, but then nothing happens.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

@Grammarsalad, I have Tenya (as Waveservant of Umberlee) in BGEE with an XP cap remover. So she got to 9th level before my fight with Seravoc. I was able to summon the water elemental to the fight.
    Now I am in SoD and the Summon water elemental spell does not work. Tenya goes through the casting motions, but then nothing happens.

Darn...Thanks for the report. Will investigate
    @Grammarsalad, if a fix is needed would it be possible to update the special ability of the Waveservant of Umberlee at the same time? The WS says it should get smashing wave ability uses based on level, but it just gets one use of storm shield no matter the level currently.

@Grammarsalad, if a fix is needed would it be possible to update the special ability of the Waveservant of Umberlee at the same time? The WS says it should get smashing wave ability uses based on level, but it just gets one use of storm shield no matter the level currently.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll group the two
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Not that I expect to be losing my current character imminently or anything (I give him at least another few hours), but I've seen mention of Druid/Mage as a possibility for this mod and despite installing it multiple times I've never seen it or anything close to it.

How do I make this happen?

Pantalion said:

Not that I expect to be losing my current character imminently or anything (I give him at least another few hours), but I've seen mention of Druid/Mage as a possibility for this mod and despite installing it multiple times I've never seen it or anything close to it.

How do I make this happen?

1) Install the "full install" option.

2) Create a cleric/mage. You might need to be True Neutral, and you might need to be human. (Humans can multiclass here.)

3) Druid/mage, or "Druid" or "Priest of Silvanus" or something like that, should be one of your kit options.

Note: for technical reasons, druid/mages cannot use at-will druid shapeshifting like the other druid kits can. This may or may not change in the future. (Probably not.)
    So I need to have the sphere system installed as well? Is this going to conflict with IWDification?
    Sweet. Next time I die then. Cheers.
    edited January 2018

Pantalion said:

Sweet. Next time I die then. Cheers.

NIce!

I just updated the mod to beta 0.74.22, with the following changes:

1) A slight alteration to the base spell in the QD_MC function, to prevent any possible issues between multiclass kits and the SCS AI component.

2) More conditional checks to ensure compatibility with IWDification. If you have the IWDification Divine Spell Pack installed, the sphere system will use those spells; if you don't, FnP will add them. If FnP does add spells, it will skip the couple of arcane IWD spells if it detects that you already have the IWDification Arcane Spell Pack installed. So basically, you should be good either way. (And you WILL get the IWD divine spells and a couple arcane spells added to your game either way.)

A note on IWDification: it's worth pointing out that while compatibility is great right now, iot's still not perfect. IWDification is coded by frackin' @CamDawg so it is sure to be top-quality, and I did notice some code in there that we may not include - stuff like placement of new scrolls, basically little details to really, really tighten up the integration of the mod into the game. Camdawg excels at that kind of stuff.

However, I am not sure whether IWDification contains any special compatibility code for Spell Revisions; but FnP spells definitely do. So whether you add the IWD divine spells via IWDification or via FnP, might boil down to whether you have SR installed.

That's just an FYI, based on a quick glance at both mods without any in-depth testing.

@Pantalion as I said, to install the druid/mage you must use install option #1, "all the new kits and the sphere system." If that's just too many kits for your liking, or something, then you can edit the .tp2 and comment out various "LAM..." lines to skip those kits. That is between line 800 and line 975 of the .tp2 file.
    Yeah, I think that the only thing that our spells have over IWDification is SR compatibility. Camdawg knows about the issue and I'm confident he'll fix it. In the meantime, I may add code to reduce those incompatibilities in fnp
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

A note on IWDification: it's worth pointing out that while compatibility is great right now, iot's still not perfect. IWDification is coded by frackin' @CamDawg so it is sure to be top-quality, and I did notice some code in there that we may not include - stuff like placement of new scrolls, basically little details to really, really tighten up the integration of the mod into the game. Camdawg excels at that kind of stuff.

The biggest thing keeping IWDification in beta status is better integration of the spells, which will be the focus of the next version--having enemy spellcasters use the new spells, scattering the arcane scrolls better, etc.

However, I am not sure whether IWDification contains any special compatibility code for Spell Revisions; but FnP spells definitely do. So whether you add the IWD divine spells via IWDification or via FnP, might boil down to whether you have SR installed.

Yeah, I think that the only thing that our spells have over IWDification is SR compatibility. Camdawg knows about the issue and I'm confident he'll fix it. In the meantime, I may add code to reduce those incompatibilities in fnp

Yeah, this is in the works for the next release. Ultimately SR needs to do things in a more compatible fashion, but in the meantime we can all work around it.

@Necromanx2

If you could use the latest version of fnp, but install IWDification first in SoD, that should fix the issues you are having with conjure water elemental for now, at least.

I'll still fix whatever the issue is with CWE, but I strongly suggest using IWDification from now on. Install it before fnp (and yes, I've got to update the op)
    edited January 2018
    @Grammarsalad, I did what you suggested and installed IWDification and the FnP. The conjure water elemental works now. However I now and missing several spell icons (ice blade, storm wall, spiritual wrath). Not sure if any spell casting is effected as I haven't tried those spells yet.

EDIT: Would it be possible to open Baervan to half-elfs? Arie is suppose to have him and it would be nice if a race other than Gnome could take the kit.

@Grammarsalad, I did what you suggested and installed IWDification and the FnP. The conjure water elemental works now. However I now and missing several spell icons (ice blade, storm wall, spiritual wrath). Not sure if any spell casting is effected as I haven't tried those spells yet..

Okay, that's weird. I have to incorporate a lot of spell bug fixes into fnp, so I'll take a look.

EDIT: Would it be possible to open Baervan to half-elfs? Arie is suppose to have him and it would be nice if a race other than Gnome could take the kit.

I hear ya. I think that a case could be made that Arie is a special case, but I'm not against it.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Necromanx2

Canonically, only gnomes can become Faspaws. Aerie is a very special case.
    @PaulaMigrate

Have you had a chance to install the latest update?

Did it fix the store issue?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

@PaulaMigrate

Sorry but no.
    I'm in an EET game currently and can't re-install a mod that is pretty much embedded in the sequence. I help myself by restoring stores from the backup if needed. I'm now in the SoA part of the game and don't do much shopping anymore by that time of the game, so it's no longer an issue for my current run.

@PaulaMigrate

Sorry but no.
    I'm in an EET game currently and can't re-install a mod that is pretty much embedded in the sequence. I help myself by restoring stores from the backup if needed. I'm now in the SoA part of the game and don't do much shopping anymore by that time of the game, so it's no longer an issue for my current run.
    Understood. No pressure. Hopefully, it's fixed but if you come across the issue in the future, let us know
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    edited January 2018

GawainBS said:

Not sure if it's because of F&P or SoB, but my Mountain Ranger has no access to Greatswords. The proficiency dialogue let her select Greatsword, but the levelup screen simply doesn't show that option.

Turns out this is an FnP issue, which is fixed in v0.74.24.
    If I want the benefit from this, I suppose I should do a completely fresh install, as F&P is pretty high in my install order?

BTW, thanks for fixing it. :smile:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    I'll try and find it in my override. Can I get a clue what I'm looking for, pls?