Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    I'm all for dualclassing, but late dualling IS a powertactic (again, no problem with those). However, I feel it's fair that you "work" for your late-game power.
    Also, it is kind of "realistic" as you start from the bottom rung, so to speak.
    Grammarsalad
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Grammarsalad, thanks for the update!
    I see the Waveservant of Umberlee description says it should get smashing wave, while it gets storm shield. Also, I never get move storm shield use even by 15th level.
    Grammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2018

@Grammarsalad, thanks for the update!
    I see the Waveservant of Umberlee description says it should get smashing wave, while it gets storm shield. Also, I never get move storm shield use even by 15th level.

Right! Thanks again for the report (ie reminder).

Edit: I'm a bit concerned that i reverted the recent description changes in the last update. I'm going to have to double checkNot an issue
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Grammarsalad Have you notice this: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29177 Any comments regarding F&P?
    Grammarsalad
    edited January 2018
    @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad, I notice that the multi-class druid/Thief and Druid/Mage can use any shield when it should only be buckler.
    Also, I get the select deity special ability on any multi-class that has a divine spell user as one of the classes. i need to go into EEKeeper to remove it as if I select it by mistake is doubles up on spells in the spellbook and special abilities.
    Contemplative_HamsterGrammarsaladThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GrammarsaladThacoBellWise_Grimwald
    edited January 2018
    ALIEN said:

@Grammarsalad Have you notice this: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29177 Any comments regarding F&P?

Well, now!

This is nice news. I don't foresee any problems with fnp, except that there may be a problem with iwdification and sr and this may indirectly affect installs with those three mods. As i recall, iwdification and sr didn't get along well.

I will excitedly take a look
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Random question: The way that the game is coded now (I don't know if or how 2.5 may change things), is a Barbarian/Shaman class viable?
    ThacoBell
    edited January 2018

As i recall, iwdification and sr didn't get along well.

I think it's fine as long as SR is installed first. We'll have to check for IWDification before running the b_spells .tpa, but otherwise we should be perfectly compatible.
    There were problems before regardless of what got installed first, iirc, though yeah, it's better to install iwdification second. For example, even if iwdification is installed second, you will have two different versions of sunscorch (thinking about it that's not really a problem for fnp...)

Compatibility with sr is still a bit of a pain even if it is installed first and even if you use addspell...

ThacoBell said:

Random question: The way that the game is coded now (I don't know if or how 2.5 may change things), is a Barbarian/Shaman class viable?

Nope
    Unfortunately, a shaman/anything is not viable ...
    edited January 2018
    Dp
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Well dang.
    Grammarsalad
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2018
    @subtledoctor Everwatch Sword (B_HEL01.spl), v0.74.21 -> the duration is 1 turn per level instead of 1 round per level (as per ability description). The duration is 1 turn at level 1, then 1 turn + 1 round at level 2, 1 turn + 2 rounds at level 3, and so forth.... -> correct. You may wanna adjust the description in order to state that the initial duration is 1 turn....
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Grammarsalad
    edited January 2018
    Could you update this mod so that the QD_multi functions are only invoked when needed? Otherwise the Smarter General AI component of SCS may fail to install correctly..... -> For further details: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29115 -> Temporary workaround: if you're not gonna use multiclass kits, edit the main .tp2 file, near the very top, add a double slash (" // ") at the beginning of this line:
    INCLUDE ~faiths_and_powers/lib/qd_multiclass.tpa~
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    edited January 2018
    I've created a Woodscout of Mielikki, so far so good. The Favoured Enemy screen now only allows for the selection "as per region". What exactly is meant by this? It would be nice to have a more detailed description.

Also, an update on the proficiencies would be nice.

Third question: I take it that Zealots & Champions both qualify to wield Carsomyr?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

You can subtract a spell slot, but it only works when you already have 1 slot at that level; you can't just "set it and forget it" with a single effect at level 1 to give someone fewer spell slots for the rest of the game.

Actually, it works. Did it for my Undead Slayer kit and tested all the way to level 20 and it has a spell progression of a generalist wizard.
    ThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Raduziel said:

You can subtract a spell slot, but it only works when you already have 1 slot at that level; you can't just "set it and forget it" with a single effect at level 1 to give someone fewer spell slots for the rest of the game.

Actually, it works. Did it for my Undead Slayer kit and tested all the way to level 20 and it has a spell progression of a generalist wizard.
    I honestly don't recall all of the intricacies of this. It might be that if you subtract a spell slot from someone with zero slots, it wraps around and they end up with 12 (!) slots.

There was (/is) definitely something horrible like that in the pre-EE engine. It's possible that was fixed in the EEs, or in some EE patch. Beamdog never thoroughly documented that kind of engine fix.

To clarify: do you apply a -1 slots effect at all spell levels, at level 1? Or do you apply it to each spell level at the character level when they gain those spells?
    Yup. -1 slot effect at all spell levels applied at level 1.

Works like a charm (at least in IWDEE it was tested all the way to level 20 without any problems).

edited January 2018
    Another question: No matter which race I select, I can't select Zealot of Eilistrae. If they are considered Rangers, that would be cool too: it would mean that I get the Ranger stronghold, right?

The Ranger/Priest of Shaundakul gets an ability which alerts nearby rangers to danger, or somesuch. How is that relevant in the EE games?

Do they get any outlying extra proficiencies, like the Woodscout being extra good with bows?

The "normal" Ranger doesn't mention which spheres he has access to. (Or was that the Stalker?)

GawainBS said:

I take it that Zealots & Champions both qualify to wield Carsomyr?

Good question. @Grammarsalad ? Zealots are technically in the Ranger class, so maybe not.
    Er, that was an oversight...I'm pretty sure zealots can't (champions should be able to, though they might need to be lawful good...) Let me see if I can fix that.

Another question: No matter which race I select, I can't select Zealot of Eilistrae. If they are considered Rangers, that would be cool too: it would mean that I get the Ranger stronghold, right?

The Eilistrae issue sounds like a bug. I'll take a look.

And yeah, you should qualify for the ranger stronghold (should you, though?)
    Ah, I was still able to select a Trueclass Ranger.

The Zealots are confusing, as they are selected as kits of the Paladin. I know you guys are very busy and you do an awesome job with these mods (so good I can't play the game without them), but it might be time to update the readme. :smile:
    _Luke_GrammarsaladWise_Grimwald
    edited January 2018
    GawainBS said:

That's because you're probably clicking through with the 'OK' button instead of clicking/selecting a kit. This invokes an engine bug that mod authors can't get around.
    Raduziel[Deleted User]ThacoBell
    edited January 2018
    Luke93 said:

GawainBS said:

That's because you're probably clicking through with the 'OK' button instead of clicking/selecting a kit. This invokes an engine bug that mod authors can't get around.
    I was indeed.

With a Windrider of Shaundakul and a Woodscout of Mielikki, I wasn't able to use anything heavier than Studded Leather. I find this pretty restrictive, but if that's your call, I'm ok with it. However, I do feel that this mod offers an excellent opportunity to make use of Chainmail & Splintmail, since otherwise you're never using those armours. (BTW: Rangers can use Chainmail, Priests can, but Ranger/Priests can't?)

I also got access to Haste as a lvl 1 & lvl 2 spell. Isn't that a tad too good to be true?

Regular Rangers can't select Greatswords as a proficiency at character creation, but can select it via SoB high INT dialogue option.

Rangers, Champions & Ranger/Priests all get an ability to select a diety in-game.

Very cool that you can see your entire spelllist at lvl 1, though.
    edited January 2018
    I'm using build 0.74.21 and in BG2EE and I no longer get the scroll to memorize divine spells at the start. I do get it in BGEE. Note that I mean my PC I create. Jaheria and Minsc gets theirs.

EDIT: I activated the ability to dual-class during install. However, I cannot dual-class a Forest Druid to a mage. Has this been changed as I thought I could dual-class them in past release?

Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Grammarsalad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
    Grammarsalad

Btw I kind of think we should add s Champion kit for Sune. For the narrow reason of the Isra mod. The only Sune kit currently is a Zealot, which means that Isra is limited to light armor. But the NPC is very clearly designed as a tank, not a lightly-armored frenzier. She is annoyingly useless when I take her into the Nashkel mines, to the point where I have been dropping her.

I suppose I could just make a little mod to tailor the NPC .CRE file to better suit a Zealot kit (basically just need to shift her stats around to have a high-DEX build...)'

I'm fine making a full champion of Sune.

Also, I'm thinking about redesigning the zealot template. It seems a bit weak