Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Happy to help.
  • PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
    @subtledoctor : how does crt chance work with single weapon prof? does precise strike x2 + 2 SW prof + keen weapon + thief gloves = 30% crit chance?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Have Ranger/Mage and Ranger/Thief been implemented yet? No Ranger multiclass kits show for me.

Now posted in the correct thread!
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @subtledoctor I don't know whats going on either. I don't ever get spellfilcher either. In fact, Thug and Tomb Runner are the only MnG multiclass kits that show up.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2017
    Quick question...

Let's say I make a Halfling Fighter/Thief (Thug). Should it get a roll for exceptional Strength?

Because Halflings gets a -1 and Thugs a +1 in STR, so achieving 18 is possible for this kit.

IIRC the Player Handbook states that Halflings never get a roll for exceptional Strength.

Thanks!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    I don't know if this has been asked before. With 44 pages I was too lazy to trawl through all of them.

I have installed the mod and two bard kits appear under fighter menu. They are Hexblade and Gallant.

Is this supposed to happen? If not, what can I do about it?

Also, are these kits supposed to be for humans only? I have created a Dwarven Gallant, but don't want to cheat if that is not suppoesed to be possible.
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

They are fighter kits, which happen to be able to use bard songs. But no arcane spellcasting, so I think they are suitable for a dwarf. (A particularly romantic dwarf, who enjoys singing.)

Thanks for the quick answer. I hoped that was the case. I can clearly imagine a dwarf, beer in hand, singing sagas and the like. Ideal from a RP point of view. :) IMO the romance doesn't have to be from a romantic love point of view. It could be from the original meaning of romance when a romantic story could have been one about a chivalrous knight who killed a dragon to save a village.
    edited August 2017
  • beerusbeerus Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
    Got a questions regarding the STALKER:

Arent they supposed to achieve GM in shortswords and Daggers? Coz in my game 3 is max :(
    Post edited by beerus on
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2017
    Wondering - How come Barbarian Rangers can use all armors when in the description it mentions that they cannot use anything higher than hide armor?
    So this is weird and welcome all at once. After my latest re-install, I am suddenly getting all the multiclass kits that never showed up for me before. I can finally make a Ranger/Thief. Ranger/Mage, and Spellfilcher. No idea what happened, but I'm sure glad it did!
    Welp. I feel dumb. I couldn't select the multiclass kits because I've been playing races that don't have access to them. I've been using Tweaks that unlock all classes for all races that it never occurred to me.

@subtledoctor Any chance of adding a component that opens multiclass kits to all races? I have a powerful urge to play a half orc Ranger/Mage.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

ThacoBell said:

Any chance of adding a component that opens multiclass kits to all races? I have a powerful urge to play a half orc Ranger/Mage.

Why not just use CDTweaks? Seems silly to make a mod that already exists.
    I use Tweaks Anthology and the special multiclasses don't seem affected by it. I can select any single class or kit for any race, but not the multiclass ones. That's why I thought it was an install error for so long.
    Good to know, will report there.
    Random question. Why use "thief/mage" as a base for the Ranger/Mage kit? Wouldn't "Fighter/Mage" have allowed a closer approximation? Its odd to have a ranger that can only use thief weapons and can't use helmets.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    ThacoBell said:

Random question. Why use "thief/mage" as a base for the Ranger/Mage kit? Wouldn't "Fighter/Mage" have allowed a closer approximation? It's odd to have a ranger that can only use thief weapons and can't use helmets.

Because they need the Stealth icon at the action bar and the F/M won't provide it. And using the F/T won't give the Spell icon at the action bar.

And I think that this issue of weapons use and helmets can be easily fixed by changing the kit's usability flag, but I can be wrong. Managing two huge mods (MnG and FnP) it is easy to miss this kind of thing.

Well, it is my guess.
  • QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    I would like to suggest some changes for the Beastmaster. The additional allowed weapons you added make sense, however for the rest I feel like the Beastmaster has been made into a Wolfmaster (too focused on wolves and werewolves), and is still somewhat boring as a kit (just like in Vanilla).

I would like to see her connection with beasts more fleshed out with additional abilities. Some suggestions:

* Choose an Animal Companion (something like the version in Kit Revisions, but with additional options and some kind of mechanic to more strongly tie the life of the Beastmaster and that of her Animal Companion together).

* Wild Empathy (as in KR or similar)

* Animal Whisper/Speak with Animals: suggest some helpful actions to any animals in the area (sorry a bit vague, but you get the general idea).

* Call of the Wild (a higher level ability, summoning a proliferation of beasts to the Beastmaster's side. Lions, bears, panthers, wolves, squirrels, rabbits, deer...whatever. Go wild! This would basically be like a more powerful version of vanilla's Animal Summoning spell. Could also add some element of randomness, IE you might get two panthers, one wolf and 14 squirrels, or you might get three lions, two polar bears and two cave bears, or any of a myriad combinations inbetween.
    edited August 2017
    @subtledoctor I had to do a reinstall with Big Picture and now the Gallant Kit is defined as a bard.

Have you changed something or is it something that the Big Picture has changed?

The reason that I ask is that I liked it as it was. :)

If you have changed it, I would be grateful to know what differences there are between them.
    Thanks. Understood. I like the Gallant as a fighter kit so will probably do a reinstall. I should probably read the read me more carefully so as to find the differences between the two of them.
    @subtledoctor I have read the readme more carefully and found that it doesn't say anything about the Fighter Version of the Gallant. A bit more information needs adding there I think.
  • HetyHety Member Posts: 7
    Is it possible to enable feats for multiclassed fighters and rangers? I've looked through tpa's but i'm at a loss here, sadly.
  • I started up a test campaign in ToB after a BWS install and things are weird with the soulblade. Once regeneration is used, attacks per round stay at 0 even when the ability is canceled. I also have SCS and spell revision going so maybe there is a conflict. What are your thoughts?
    @subtledoctor "If you can think of a better way to make a ranger/mage I'm all ears. I know that sounds snarky but it's not meant to be; it's just to say, the hard-coded aspects of the game make it nearly impossible to make a ranger/make in a satisfying way.

I suppose it could be a F/M/T kit... that would solve some (some) item usability issues, at the cost of much slower advancement. "

I'm not familiar with what actually is and isn't possible with modding, so no worries about sounding snarky there. I was just curious as to your thought process when trying to implement it, more than any specific critique. FWIW though, I would love some triple class kits ;)