Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have also noticed that kinetic ram only becomes usable at will until immobilize is unlocked. Otherwise, it is one use per rest. I don't know if that is intentional but I don't think that is in the description if it is.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Weird, I did an almost full trilogy run with a Soulblade and didn't notice the APR issue.
    edited September 2017
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    Cool, updated just in time for my new mod install :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Jarinex said:

Cool, updated just in time for my new mod install :)

Not for mine though. :( Mind you, what I have is pretty good.
  • BombertoBomberto Member Posts: 2
    So in my last two mega mod installs using BiG World Setup for some reason never installed the multiclass kits component, but it would always work if I did it manually. It also would install every other component I selected. So I peeked around in the files and noticed this in the main tpa to direct to components:

BEGIN @500
    DESIGNATED 100

The component for multiclass kits in BWS is 500, I don't have any idea how BWS reads the mods (I'm not sure anyone does) or the language these mods are coded in but I wonder if this is stirring some issues as the rest of the components match their designated #.

Now I need to figure out how to get those kits in the game after I installed everything so I don't have to do another 24 hour install :s
  • BombertoBomberto Member Posts: 2
    Yup, I'll try that now. The only issue I see is that I have scales of balance installed also, so I wonder if it will do wonky things with the weapon proficiency overhaul.
    edited September 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20
    @subtledoctor ,small bug report :cancel bioregeneration gives one too many hit point (the first delayed max hp amount is set to 2 instead of 1).
    I could also confirm the APR issue (I just removed it from my local copy ). Why is setting the APR even needed?
  • kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20

kaiiak said:

@subtledoctor ,small bug report :cancel bioregeneration gives one too many hit point (the first delayed max hp amount is set to 2 instead of 1).
    I could also confirm the APR issue (I just removed it from my local copy ). Why is setting the APR even needed?

Well, the idea is that regeneration in the absence of something like divine magic requires meditation and concentration. This is not supposed to be a battle buff.
    Make sense.but I see setting APR to 0 for 6 sec in every psionic power.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'm playing as a Skald and I can't write spells into my spell book. I couldn't find anything in the readme regarding this, does this mod make any such changes?

Also, on character start I noticed I have two special abilities called "choose a weapon of focus" that doesn't seem to do anything. I can't find anything in the readme about this either, how do they work and what is their purpose?
    Thanks for the answer. I noticed I was able to learn Infravision after having already posted, so I figured there was some kind of school restriction. I understand the change, but I'd still like those juicy defensive Evocation spells. How difficult do you think it would be for me to change this back on my own? I'm not very familiar with BG modding, but I've modded other games myself in the past.

As for my second question, no, I am not using anything from Scales of Balance, so that would explain why nothing happens. Looking it up it looks interesting, I'll probably install that. However, the readme for Might and Guile didn't mention any kind of dependency on other mods, so are there other features that work cross-mod I should be aware of?
    I have encountered another problem with bards (or a Skald, spefically); That is, that after using the "stop bard aura" ability, the persistent aura ceases to be persistent. When I try to activate a bard aura again, the character will exit the bardsong mode on any kind of action, even moving.

As for the query in my previous post; I realised that the easiest way was to just add the spells I wanted to my spellbook with EEKeeper, since there's nothing preventing me from using them once that's been done.
    Yes, none of that persists when you take any other action.
    The ability also ticks every round, like the original ability. It doesn't do this before you use the Stop Aura ability for the first time.
    I'm playing BGEE, as Skald (but quick checks with a pure Bard gave the same results), using the Luck Aura (though I had the same problem with the Power and Malise Auras in the past, but didn't understand it at the time).

Upon starting the game, the aura works as it should. I click the Bardsong button, it activates and disables Bardsong, and the effects persist until I use the Stop Aura ability.

After having used the Stop Aura ability, when attempting to start another Aura, the Bardsong button disables and the aura takes effect, but it does not persist - upon taking any action, even moving, the Aura will turn off with the "Stopped singing Bard Song" message. In addition, before any action is taking, the character continuously receives the "Singing Bard Song" (and which Aura it is) prompt every six seconds/round, as it it was a vanilla bard song.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited October 2017
    @subtledoctor
    I think the issue is with opcode 363. When it triggers, it not only ends the current Modal action, but also removes effects of its parent resource (similar to opcode 321).

You can avoid the effect removal by using it in external EFF through Opcode 177 (just like opcode 232 requires). All songs can use the same EFF file for this, just make sure the resource field at 0x94 has a placeholder resource that will not match anything - this is the field that controls which resource is removed when it triggers.

I'm not certain why you have it on a delay, it would be better without, and you should specify the BardSong modal in the Special field. Parameter1 and Parameter2 are not used AFAIK, despite what is listed in NI.

Making these changes, the issue described for Skald song stopped occurring. Since they appear to use the same songs, just with differing Change Song methods, this change should work for all the Bards and Demibards,
    Post edited by kjeron on
    edited October 2017
    edited October 2017

Did Not Know That. Actually I'm not sure I knew that about opcode 321. That's definitely important...

Just to clarify, Opcode 321 removes effects of the specified parent resource, not necessarily its own. Opcode 363 can specify which parent resource to remove, but only in external EFF files, otherwise it defaults to its own.

Wait, I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying the actual song triggering the aura should go into an .EFF? Or that the 363 effect should?

It should be something like:
    - Song:
    • 177 trigger Eff1
    • 177 trigger Eff2
    • 171 "(song)X"
    • 326 (not bard) "(song)U"
    • (order shouldn't matter)
    - Eff1: 363
    - Eff2: 232, cast SpellB if <102% hp
    - SpellB: [aura effects with 7-second duration]

So that way when the 363 cancels the Modal, it won't cancel Eff2.

<blockquote class="UserQuote">

Because bard songs triggered by the bard song button don't take effect immediately, but rather wait until the beginning of the next round. In my testing, when the 363 effect had instant timing, it would sometimes turn off the song button before the aura took hold, and then the aura would not kick in at all.

This issue should be fixed once 363 is moved into an EFF and no longer removes the aura.
    @subtledoctor - An important correction from what I posted:
    The EFF file with opcode 363, DO NOT leave resource field 0x94 emtpy, it needs "something" there, so that it will not remove engine-applied effects (which have no resource).
    There is an easy way to assign a resource to this field so that cannot affect anything:
    WRITE_ASCII	0x94	~(any 2-8 character string)~
    WRITE_BYTE	0x94	0
    The first character will become (null), which will prevent it from matching any resource.

Opcode 321 has this same function when the resource field is emtpy (the Luck spell used to remove proficiencies because its resource wasn't specified properly).
    edited October 2017