Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

- The Sniper can no longer put proficiency points in longbows (which they cannot use).

This really doesn't make any sense as the main difference between a short and a longbow is their range. May be the Navy in me speaking, but a Sniper is supposed to shoot things from far far away.
  • JebbleJebble Member Posts: 27
    Sorry for the late response about the poison problem. It seems you have found the root of the problem and have an idea for the fix, so I am not gonna elaborate, if that is okay.

Thank you for a great mod and your activity on the forums.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Revised Beastmasters -> Two bugs:

1) they CAN use crossbows but CANNOT put pips in "Crossbows";
    2) they CAN equip shields but CANNOT put pips in "Sword and Shield Style"
  • JJaANFJJaANF Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2017
    Hello there ???

I am here because I have a problem...

What could cause the record screen display the base class description instead of the kit description ?

(let say I make a Corsair: I open the Record Screen, and it says Fighter...)

I have a fresh EET install.

The record screen says different things in different places. It depends on what your class is, and what your kit is, and whether you class is a single-class or multiclass, and whether your kit is a single-class kit or a multiclass kit.

I try Corsair... I press R: it says Fighter...
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Does it say fighter in both places on the record. At the left hamd side it usually says fighter, cleric etc. but at the bottom right it will give the kit. However, depending on the source of the kit, this varies.

Does it say fighter in both places on the record. At the left hamd side it usually says fighter, cleric etc. but at the bottom right it will give the kit. However, depending on the source of the kit, this varies.

Both places say Fighter...

I made some tests:
    -Fresh bg2EE will show Corsair
    -EET will show Fighter

Maybe ( :* ) I do something wrong when I install:

-Install bgEE
    -Install bg2EE
    -Modmerge
    -Launch both games once
    -Use bws with minimal selection (independent installation)
    -Install M&G all components...

Why aren't you installing M&G from BWS?

Because I am nuts ??? Or old ??? Or... both !!!

I would bet that BWS is installing EET_end.tp2, which is supposed to be installed after all other mods. (IIRC.) So, installing M&G afterward might be problematic.

This explains that...

I can't test anything to do with BWS so it's hard for me to say.

Facepalm...

I guess after 10 years without modding Baldur', I lost some common sense...

Thank YOU !!!

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Hello, I'm doing a no-reload with a Psypher and have two quick questions while I plan his future (dual to mage in BG2 or not mainly).

1) What HLAs do Psyphers get?
    2) Does Intellect Fortress protect from stun?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Excellent, thanks very much.
  • KNA9595KNA9595 Member Posts: 2
    Alright, so I love this mod. The feat system is great, the thieves are great, love the new kits, and the bard auras are fantastic. But, uh, then I started a Skald... At first, I was like "Wow, they made this viable without being second-best to Blades in combat!", but then I noticed I can't write the Armor spell. Or Shield. Or most spells, actually.

The concept of this makes sense to me. They're warrior bards, and while I'd prefer that such a thing would be listed as a disadvantage, I wouldn't mind if the one thing keeping a warrior-bard able to cast spells without getting murdered by every passing gibberling - AC-setting spells - was not available to them!

I also had two "Choose Weapon of Focus" abilities, separately listed, that did nothing on activation (I'm assuming it goes with SoB's proficiency overhaul). Well, the main character was "unsummoned" after a few rounds, but nothing noticeable happened beyond that. Plus I have many spells already in my book... Command, Charm Person, Shout (even though I don't have a mod that I know of that adds the spell, and it has an empty icon), high level power word spells...

Anyways, I only have SCS, Might and Guile, and some Scales of Balance components (not the full proficiency system, but I do have squashed categories, weapon styles (installed with warnings? I tried without it though with no change), attribute changes... Nothing that should change bard spellcasting.

Is this a bug, or is there some way to customize the classes with, say, an .ini or something? I don't mind losing spells as a Skald, but come on, armor spells just make sense. More sense than Mirror Image, an illusion spell that I can write, at least.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @KNA9595 You can also install Tome and Blood to allow bards to cast spells while wearing studded leather armor or lighter.
    "I also had two "Choose Weapon of Focus" abilities, separately listed, that did nothing on activation (I'm assuming it goes with SoB's proficiency overhaul). Well, the main character was "unsummoned" after a few rounds, but nothing noticeable happened beyond that. Plus I have many spells already in my book... Command, Charm Person, Shout (even though I don't have a mod that I know of that adds the spell, and it has an empty icon), high level power word spells... "

I have this experience as well. Though I will probably start installing the proficiency overhaul, as it seems pretty interesting.
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    @subtledoctor

Have you ever considered F/T psionic kit ?
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Pillars of Eternity 2 calls their Monk/[Psionicist] (called Cipher in PoE) class a Transcendent.
  • KNA9595KNA9595 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2017
    @subtledoctor Okay, I see. That's probably why I started with all those spells. You manually added non-mage spells and "opposition school" stuff that bards specifically should use.

Well, I'll probably use that armored bard spellcasting mod then. That works just as well, and the main thing bugging me about the limited spell schools was not having AC spells anyways.

Thanks for the replies!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    ThacoBell said:

I find that Tome and Blood, Faiths and Powers, and Might and Guile are the only way to play anymore.

Pretty much. For example, the only correct way to play Imoen is as a Psypher.
    In my latest re-install Iwanted these parts of Might and Guile mainly to get the Gallant kit, but also to get the Multiclass Kits though they were not high on my list of priorities.

~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #500 // Multiclass Kits: 3.6.7
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // Bard Class Overhaul: 3.6.7

I was installing this with BWS which would not allow me to install those AND the BG1 NPCs mod.

I wondered if somebody could inform me what the problem is and if there is a way to install both.
    edited December 2017

I have all three of them installed right now, so not sure what the issue is...

OK. Thanks, I will try again and if the problem persists I will document it better.

@subtledoctor EDIT: I could not duplicate the problem. Which is good. I probably did something incorrectly.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    Is there somebody that uses SCS and this mod? If so, would you mind telling me if you were able to install the SCS component Smarter General AI (and possibly the components Tougher end-of-chapter battles)? I mean, I managed to install it, BUT with warnings -> as a result, lots of creatures are broken, i.e., SCS failed to apply the proper AI modification....
    @Luke93 I did and without warnings as far as that is concerned. See my Weidu on the no re-load run.