Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Pantalion said:

Out of curiosity, what exactly does Intellect Fortress protect against? I now know "apparently not horror" to be part of the answer.

I'm literally working right now on a "Suppress Fear" lower-level telepathic ability. Though, on reflection, Intellect Fortress should really protect against it as well. I'll add that. (TBH I guess I assumed it already did - does CC not protect against fear?)
    I think stun, confusion, and charm off the top of my head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 56
    That seems loke a hefty change, but certainly adds some interesting gameplay elements!

How would this effect things like improved invisibility, shadow door and mislead?

One of the most lethal combo's I experience is SCS Spell Immunity Divination, followed by a high level invisibility effect, will this change effect that tactic?

Is a reverse power possible; perhaps a low level telepathy power by which a psion cpuld become invisible to a single enemy as a kind of halucination effect?

In any case, props for the out of box thinking.
    edited January 2018

I've got most of the powers coded up - the basic powers anyway, not the HLAs. But I'm having some trouble with the discipline of Pyrokinesis. I like the variant of Shocking Grasp as the base power - just gathering and discharging static electricity. I'm going to eliminate the healing power. To heal allies, psions will have to Absorb Infliction and then Regenerate yourself.

So one Pyrokinetic power I want to add is the ability to heat up the edge of your melee weapon, doing fire damage with each hit.

Beyond that, I figured on getting away from heat/electricity and manipulating light, in two ways: psionic versions of Glitterdust, and Blur. But they seem kind of... uninspired. Would it make sense to do a psionic version of Reflected Image? The effect is much cooler than a simple aC bonus, but is it too magick-y, too far away from the basic premise of pryokinesis (psychic energy manipulation)?

Ehh, I don't think reflected image is necessarily too Mage-ey, playing with light and image seems in their wheel house.

I'm reading through the Forces suite of Powers from Mage for ideas. A flash power that temporarily (very temporarily) confers blindness or a THAC0 / AC penalty could be helpful. An energy well power that makes an opponent more susceptible (lowers resistance to) energy damage would be pretty useful with the Pyrokinesis comparatively low damage; and I don't... think it's replicated elsewhere.

Energy inhibition could be cool (if possible) something that reduces damage from the likes of fireball, icestorm, etc.

Hmm, it's a bit of a difficulty to run energy powers around Telekinesis and Mage/Priest spells.

You may want to take a look at the Diablo 2 Kitpacks. They're... not exactly balanced and not exactly in theme, but the mod author has a lot of interesting effects I haven't seen elsewhere. The Assassin "traps" that basically summon a non-mobile energy weapon that fires on enemies. http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1115-diablo2-kit-pack-series-for-tob-ee/

Looking forward to see what develops.
    edited March 2018
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

I need ideas for the High Science in Biokinesis. A powerful shapeshift?

Mustard Jelly.

edited February 2018
    Biokinesis High Science: Hmm, maybe an improved haste + hp vampire effect, something that doubles number of attacks and allows the caster to drain hp (like an L's Minor Drain effect) on each hit?

Alternatively: Perfection of Form, something that prevents ability damage, stun, fatigue, and a bonus on saves vs Petrification/Polymorph, representing the Psions total control over the self?

Whole thing is looking very cool, unfortunate that I'll have to restart my playthrough to try it out, but I think worth it =D
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    edited February 2018

The updated Psionics concept is looking super cool. (Sorry @Pantalion you're playing the 'old & busted')

I appreciate your faith that I didn't die a long, long time ago and move onto a different character, but it is sadly misplaced. New version looks cool though. Here's hoping it will let me multiclass it.

High science Biokinesis: Bioclysm: Touch "spell" to infest the target with the caster's psionically infused cells. Victim suffers poison + acid damage for ~5 rounds with saves to halve damage.

If the victim dies while under the effects of bioclysm, it explodes into toxic spray of biomatter, dealing acid/poison damage to anyone except the psion, infecting any that fail their save with Bioclysm. This spray actually has a rejuvenating on the Psion as they absorb the new growth into their bodies, gaining temporary hitpoints that fade at the same rate as their usual psionic HP recovery. These hitpoints stack with each other.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Bioclysm sounds like a really evil ability. I like it.
    - Elemental Composition, the ability to transform oneself into any element.
    - Something like Tensers Transformation?
    - Absorption, target must make a save or is absorbed. On a save only parts are absorbed. Successfully absorbing an enemy temporally gains you more hp, bonus to strength etc. Maybe a bonus related to the absorbed target?
    edited February 2018
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    No offense, but it also sounds ridiculous and OP. /shrug
    Hmm, will this mean a re-jiggering of the Soulblade and proposed Psionic Monk?

As far as the increase per level vs increase per power learned; I'm not sure what we'd gain by progress through power vs by level except to add another level of widget?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Halcyon said:

As far as the increase per level vs increase per power learned; I'm not sure what we'd gain by progress through power vs by level except to add another level of widget?

It means your telekinetic abilities will not get stronger if you ignore the discipline of Telekinesis. The idea being to make psions who specialize seem more specialized.

But ot looks like it might be a large PITA to implement, so this probably won't happen.
    Yeah, definitely caught that! It uhh, I guess I should have phrased my response better.

For me, the Psion is a lot of fun to play, but there's a bit of feeling like playing the combination of a watered down thif/sorceror in during higher level play. The action economy is such that in the more challenging battles, I'm relying much more on the Psions buffs and magic items than their power selection. The alternative to that is spam energy powers while I run and gun around an opponent, which can be fun but feels kinda cheesy in practice. It's not the fault of the class, just an unfortunate side effect of only having so much focus to divide around ones cast.

I dunno, I don't want to sound ungrateful cuzz I appreciate almost all your mods and I pretty exclusively play a Psion or Soulblade these days, but a further loss of power effectiveness seems like an additional weight on a section where the class is lagging.

Anyway, still looking forward to seeing this in action! Have you decided what to do about the Pyrokinesis devotions?
    edited February 2018
  • Pharaun159Pharaun159 Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2018
    So im having some grief suddenly, out of the blue. Playing through dragonspear, and i just killed the dragon. As i when to kill the halfdragon sister, my game crashed after beating her. I tried reloading, but it crashes. I reloaded an earlier save. crashes. I reloaded a save from a previous chapter. It crashes. They all hitch for a sec after it loads in, then crashes. Im using faiths and powers, might and guile, and scales of balance. Such a weird issue. Im in the process of reinstalling all the mods.

Edit: So far i can start a new game just fine, but i have to reload a full two chapters back to get my other save working. Ugg that kills my mood.
  • Pharaun159Pharaun159 Member Posts: 41
    Playing a custom party of 4+ and the new ranger npc that comes with the dlc. My main was a Gloryblood of tempus, have a half elven blade with us, an elven archer, and human fighter priest of tempus. From what im seeing, either an item i recently found caused the crash, or it was the new Archer NPC clashing with your modifications on the archer kit. The latter i think is most likely. The only save i was able to load properly was the save in chapter 7 where i didnt have her in my party. As for when the crash started, There is a Tentacly Monster in the temple of Bhaal. As soon as the fight started, it crashed and no saves from that entire map, exterior world map, or the entire chapter, or the previous chapter ever loaded again. As for WeiDu log, where is it located? The only thing close to a log is the WeiDu text file that basically says i have 3 mods installed. FaP, MaG, and SoB.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Select an installation method below: -> all the new kits and the sphere system: 0.74.24
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #500 // Multiclass Kits: 3.7.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Feat System: 3.7.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // Bard Class Overhaul: 3.7.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): 3.7.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #230 // Revised Archery: 3.7.3
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // IWO - Yet Another Revised Armor System: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #121 // WPO - Weapon Category Collapse: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #124 // WPO - Fighting Style Changes: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #125 // WPO - APR on Spec: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #160 // STO - Saving Throw Overhaul: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #200 // SBO - Stat Bonus Overhaul: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #204 // SBO - Enable Concentration Checks: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #180 // MRO - Magic Resistance Overhaul: v5.8.5
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #103 // IWO - Light/Heavy Weapon Distinctions: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // IWO - Yet Another Revised Armor System: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #103 // IWO - Light/Heavy Weapon Distinctions: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #121 // WPO - Weapon Category Collapse: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #124 // WPO - Fighting Style Changes: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #125 // WPO - APR on Spec: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #160 // STO - Saving Throw Overhaul: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #200 // SBO - Stat Bonus Overhaul: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #204 // SBO - Enable Concentration Checks: v5.8.5
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #180 // MRO - Magic Resistance Overhaul: v5.8.5
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    Instead of a clone of yourself, maybe turn them into an ooze under your control?

Or even better, start with oozes, and as you get progressively more powerful, eventually be able to turn the victims into clones of yourself. I'm thinking more John Carpenter's The Thing style than The Matrix :D
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Just curious: how's the version with F&P Regional Rangers & Feats coming along?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523

GawainBS said:

Just curious: how's the version with F&P Regional Rangers & Feats coming along?

Nothing is coming along with any of my mods until some RL stuff settles down. :(
    Sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2018
    @subtledoctor

An idea for when life settles down:

Allow the Alchemist to take Combat Feat: Evasion. Not other Combat Feats, just this one. Given the volatile medium in which they work, any Alchemist who wants to remain an Alchemist for long, not alchemists gruesomely plural, or a fine red mist, or charred remains, would develop a fine-tuned sense of when to duck, roll, and cover just before Fire, Lightning, or poison gas happens, be its origins Magical or Alchemical.

This kit is really growing on me. I am planning to play an Alchemist whose story is that he is a failed Transmuter. Unable to make the magic happen, as it were (and in Candlekeep, to boot! Talk about a high-pressure environment to succeed at scholarship!), he started working with alchemy, poisons, and a crossbow as a means of delivery of said poisons. In time, he will gain the Use Magical Devices, Shadow Magic, and Illusion Magic feats. The spell effects of the latter two feats are very reminiscent of the effects H.P. Lovecraft's alchemist Joseph Curwen accomplished with his essential Saltes : calling forth the shades of the past and of other dimensions.

I have never, ever played a single-class thief before, so this will be my gateway drug.

(Oh, and Eldoth will be a thief with a Jinxer demi-bard thief kit - so appropriate for him.)

Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    edited February 2018
    Hmmm, maybe a reactive ability that has more to do with the physical? Something that will send out a reactive stunning effect if the caster is hit; nothing long lasting but long enough to allow the telepath to get to safety?

I think Intellect Fortress makes sense as a Devotion. So many effects and items provide mental protections of some kind are welcome.

On a side note, have you or anyone else had an issue with Energy Barrier not deactivating? I imagine it's prolly a reaction to some mod or another...
  • MaanapeMaanape Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm trying to install MaG in a BWS but it always halt before installing Multiclass Kits. The error messages in BWS windows are:

"SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Add the Marksman (fighter kit)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Add the Sniper (thief kit)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Add the Jongleur (bard kit)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Add the Gallant (bard kit)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Add the Meistersinger (bard kit)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Add the Loresinger (bard kit)

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: cannot convert kit_code or %kit_code% to an integer
    ERROR: [override/QD_MCF04.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: [d5_blads.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    Add Multiclass Kits (Might and Guile) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit."

Searching through kitlist.2da I noticed Grizzly_Bear had a duplicated entry at the end of the row, thus creating an extra nameless column. Maybe it is responsible by the error, I just don't know what to do to continue with the install. Could you help me, please?
    edited March 2018
    edited March 2018
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

So for telepathy, for the moment, I've settled on a low-level Mind Ward ability. It will block Sleep/Charm/Fear/Hold, and will be canceled after the first such attack against you. So, sort of like a mental Stoneskin.

How did you do that?