Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    As my mom use to say: don't put a baked cake back on the oven.

I wouldn't change a thing on the current psionic system.
  • HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
    First of all, amazing mod - I was long waiting for someone to make Bards relevant again!

On that note, however, is it possible to remove that blue-ish colour that is applied to a character when you use an aura? I've tried to do it in DLTCEP, but I can't see any effects that cause that...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Bards were never not relevant, being the single most all-around single class. Able to pull put any needed tactic for any encounter. They simple take a bit more skill to fully utilize.
    _Luke_
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    I'd be careful not to go too crazy with psionics. It's cool and all, but just saying...
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    ThacoBell said:

Bards were never not relevant, being the single most all-around single class. Able to pull put any needed tactic for any encounter. They simple take a bit more skill to fully utilize.

Don't you think this mod makes bards OP?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    _Luke_ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Luke93 said:

ThacoBell said:

Don't you think this mod makes bards OP?
    They already were.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    DymeDef said:

subtledoctor idk why but my comment is now go ne.

@DymeDef That was the forum's spam filter. I verified you so it should not happen again.

ThacoBell said:

The question is not whether the class is relevant or anything about the skill of the player. It's just that the Bard Song mechanic is not fun for a lot of people to play. And that you only get one song to ever use, which is stingy. The point of this mod is simply to give you more songs to use, and use them in more fun ways.

The songs themselves are substantially less powerful than the vanilla songs, which is made up for by the ability to fight while singing.
    Seems my original question got buried beneath :) Is there a way to somehow disable the blue-ish effect on a bard when using a song? I've tried looking through the effects with DLTCEP, but I can't seem to find the cause of this...
    There's an effect called Uknown (326), which has a property 5-Light Silver when clicking on Parameter style - Colour. I've removed the effect from the ability and saved it into the override folder with DLTCEP, but unfortunately the tint remains in-game :(
    I'm using DLTCEP 7.7, as for the EE version - I've downloaded it from GOG Galaxy, so I assume it's the latest?
    Darkersun

Hypaspist said:

I'm using DLTCEP 7.7, as for the EE version - I've downloaded it from GOG Galaxy, so I assume it's the latest?

Is DLTCEP no longer being developed? How does it not recognize opcode 326? Maybe you should use NI instead.

Anyway I was mistaken. The glow is in the "B" spells (d5bd02b.spl, etc.). There are six "color glow solid" opcode 8 effects in each "B" spell. Those are what you want to remove. (For those interested, I basically just ripped them out of Protection from Evil to give bards this "I'm singing!" glow.)

Thanks! I'll check it out. DLTCEP isn't supported anymore, no.

By the way, if I want to reverse the changes I've done, should I just copy these files from the might & guile folder into the override one in the game folder?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Far be it from me to ruin a good thing, but is this supposed to be 1 round Hold if they make their save, rather than 1 round slow?
    edited January 2018

Pantalion said:

Far be it from me to ruin a good thing, but is this supposed to be 1 round Hold if they make their save, rather than 1 round slow?

Here's how the Imobilize is currently coded:

A 6-second Slow effect with no save (as you fight through the psionic attack); and if you fail a save, you are Held for 2 rounds and Slowed for 3 rounds.

(Btw this will change in the new version. I've got a test build where the target saves or is Held; and then they can try to make another saving throw each round to break free, to a max duration of 10 rounds.)

Also btw, is the protection from the zombie state working okay? You should just go unconscious with 1 hp if you use your powers too much. (The side effect is seeing the "I took damage" animation every time you use a power... but I guess, exerting yourself to this degree is not supposed to be easy or pleasant. :wink: )

Still a zombie. Psychic crushed my way through 53 HP into the negatives. There was a moment where I had less than max HP but it was 3/8 or so.

Having a partymate punch him set him to 1 HP, but...

HP locked at 8, no longer recovering.

I don't suppose you can add a check to max HP or something on the powers?
    Today's my six hour commute day, but I'll check both when I get home. I believe I'm on 3.7.X, since I went to update for the new version after you said you'd resolved the zombie issue, but I don't recall any delay on casting, however. I presume being dualed and no longer a psypher wouldn't change matters?
    Today is six hour commute day, so I'll have to let you know on both this evening. I think I'm on 3.7.3, since I updated when you mentioned fixing the zombie issue and checked again before starting my current run, but equally I can't say I've noticed any damage animation (though generally I don't cast very often, and spend the time with a blur/image spell active so I could have missed it).

What about incrementing a local variable "HPLOSS" each cast, and having a script that decrements that and adds 1 max HP, rather than effects on the toon that appear to be lost when they zombie?
    Huh. Guess it posted after all. Anyway, checking I can see I was on 3.7, not 3.7.3, and didn't notice the difference on github. I've reinstalled and happy to say no zombie state.
    [Deleted User]
    Out of curiosity, what exactly does Intellect Fortress protect against? I now know "apparently not horror" to be part of the answer.
    Pantalion

Hypaspist said:

By the way, if I want to reverse the changes I've done, should I just copy these files from the might & guile folder into the override one in the game folder?

Nooo. Definitely don't do that. Hmm... not sure if there's a good answer here, apart from reinstalling (which may or may not be advisable, depending on whether you have SCS installed after).
    Hello again, the "B" spell indeed allowed me to remove the blue-ish glow, thanks!
    [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018