Skip to content

What party members can you begin SoD with?

Just curious.

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    All of them.

How long they stick around is another question.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    deltago said:

All of them.

Will they have explanations for why they need/want to leave? If so, interesting! If not, and they just separate us by some magical barrier or rocks falling, booooooo!
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    I gotta at least say goodbye to Safana, wouldn't want to make her upset...
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Only Minsc and Boo!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

deltago said:

All of them.

Will they have explanations for why they need/want to leave? If so, interesting! If not, and they just separate us by some magical barrier or rocks falling, booooooo!
    Rocks falling is the canon reason for any party member leaving my parties in D&D...
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Now I want a scene where my party and a big monster are running into and out of a bunch of doors along a hallway.

Ranks Rastro!

deltago said:

All of them.

It'll be like a Scooby-Doo episode, your party is walking through a cavern, past a creepy painting with moving eyes, then *BAM!* a secret door will open and a party member will be dragged into the darkness.

At the end of SoD, the Shining Lady will be revealed to be Old Man Winters in disguise.
    He/she would have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for Charnam and his band of brats.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Grum said:

Every NPC not in the canon party or BG2 will die a unique, permanent, painful death in front of you. The cutscenes can't be skipped and will be voice acted for added effect.

Don't forget Aliens!
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I have the ever so slight suspicion Edwin will sell some of them out. Particularly one that dies, while the other gets mad.

I would also assume at least one NPC will leave the party right from the get-go, to make space for a SoD NPC. Whether it'll be Imoen, I can't say for sure, but I reckon it might be.

I might be incredibly wrong with this, but such dynamics I would really like and be pleased with.
    I am so very much intrigued by the gnome cleric/thief and dwarven skald. My guy is a chaotic neutral dwarven defender and I fear I may like their company so much that it will ruin BG2 if they are not in it!

Look at what you're doing to me beamdog, are you happy! ARE YOU!?!
    I thought the Skald was human... IF however he's a dwarven skald, bloody hell, double the price of the expansion and all future content, I want singing dwarves.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Lateralus said:

I am so very much intrigued by the gnome cleric/thief and dwarven skald. My guy is a chaotic neutral dwarven defender and I fear I may like their company so much that it will ruin BG2 if they are not in it!

Voghiln's not a dwarf. He's human.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/657115/#Comment_657115
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Lateralus said:

So like wouldn't it be cool if SoD not only became a wonderful link between two epic adventures surrounding the protagonist. But also clarified many NPC changes, BG2 items (Immies belt, etc.), and motivations (Quayle running off to join the circus, etc.). Obviously, the characters that have the actual voice actors will get the most story telling and rightfully so. But a few well typed sentences can go a loooong way.

I forgot all about Imoen's belt. Good call.
    Moczo said:

Lateralus said:

So like wouldn't it be cool if SoD not only became a wonderful link between two epic adventures surrounding the protagonist. But also clarified many NPC changes, BG2 items (Immies belt, etc.), and motivations (Quayle running off to join the circus, etc.). Obviously, the characters that have the actual voice actors will get the most story telling and rightfully so. But a few well typed sentences can go a loooong way.

"Hey, Charname! Check out this sweet belt."

"Damn, girl, you killin' that thing. Wanna send Quayle off to the circus?"

"Fuck yeah."

*BROFIST*
    Seems legit.
    I always figured Immy's belt was put on by Iccy to prevent her from dying while he attempts to unlock her power.
    I thought the belt was just the poor man's version of "Plot Armor". Oh well, maybe I underthought it. Is that a word? It's a word now!

I thought the belt was just the poor man's version of "Plot Armor". Oh well, maybe I underthought it. Is that a word? It's a word now!

Err, yes its that... but if you want a bs reason its what I said.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    deltago said:

I always figured Immy's belt was put on by Iccy to prevent her from dying while he attempts to unlock her power.

That sounds like something from the Evil Overlord List:

##. If I make a magic item to prevent someone from dying, I'll wear it myself instead of putting it on my torture victim.

BillyYank said:

deltago said:

##. If I make a magic item to prevent someone from dying, I'll wear it myself instead of putting it on my torture victim.

Irenicus already has an item that prevents him from dying. It's called being a quadratic goddamn wizard.

BillyYank said:

deltago said:

Irenicus already has an item that prevents him from dying. It's called being a quadratic goddamn wizard.
    "Grognar the Dwarven Defender of Candlekeep has slain more quadratic wizards then anybody!"

--Sir Garrick the Brave
    BillyYank said:

deltago said:

He can be raised. Bhaal spawn allegedly cannot (except Imoen but the exiled elf wouldn't metagame that fact).
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2015
    Lateralus said:

deltago said:

All of them.

It'll be like a Scooby-Doo episode, your party is walking through a cavern, past a creepy painting with moving eyes, then *BAM!* a secret door will open and a party member will be dragged into the darkness.

At the end of SoD, the Shining Lady will be revealed to be Old Man Winters in disguise.
    He/she would have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for Charnam and his band of brats.
    Lmfao. After reading over 150 Forgotten Realms novels, that's seriously what the Forgotten Realms started to remind me of. In a lot of the novels, some Zhentarim agent would hatch a nefarious plot, and the Harpers would come in and cock block him every time, like clock work. I could just envision a Zhentarim villain standing in front of a bunch of Harpers, going "If only it wasn't for you meddling Harpers and your Elminster!", with Elminster sitting in the corner smoking a pipe, going "Elminsteroorooroo!"

Thankfully, the Spellplague was a breath of fresh air, where they departed from the comically incompetent and bungling Zhentarim, to having dangerous and competent evil empires such as Szass Tam's undead Thay, the Netherese Empire reborn, and the Abolethic Sovereignty.

Sad to see them trying to return to the "good ol' days" of bungling Zhents with the Sundering.
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    To properly bridge BG1 and 2 this new expansion should had Imoen encountered as freshly dual classed mage with thief stats set to where they are in 2.
    Korbu said:

Lmfao. After reading over 150 Forgotten Realms novels, that's seriously what the Forgotten Realms started to remind me of. In a lot of the novels, some Zhentarim agent would hatch a nefarious plot, and the Harpers would come in and cock block him every time, like clock work. I could just envision a Zhentarim villain standing in front of a bunch of Harpers, going "If only it wasn't for you meddling Harpers and your Elminster!", with Elminster sitting in the corner smoking a pipe, going "Elminsteroorooroo!"

Thankfully, the Spellplague was a breath of fresh air, where they departed from the comically incompetent and bungling Zhentarim, to having dangerous and competent evil empires such as Szass Tam's undead Thay, the Netherese Empire reborn, and the Abolethic Sovereignty.

Sad to see them trying to return to the "good ol' days" of bungling Zhents with the Sundering.

To be fair to the FR novels prior to the Spellplague, most of the novels involving the drow have some horrifyingly savvy bad guys. War of the Spider Queen, Starlight & Shadows, and Drizzt's Hunter's Blade trilogy all have some great examples.

Lateralus said:

Voghiln's not a dwarf. He's human.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/657115/#Comment_657115
    You just crushed me bro. He's no where near as cool now.
    Lateralus said:

You just crushed me bro. He's no where near as cool now.

Humans are just as cool as dwarves. Character > race.