Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• ZoroZoro Member Posts: 1
    Great tool!! :) I spent hours for everything but I can't wait to play!!
    Regarding mods, I'd like to see a mod that allow to play or just watch if you want big battles between big and powerful creatures like demons and dragons... that would be epic! :D In Tob I like the part when they send an army to kill you, and even if it's a short part it's nice... and it would be epic if you could battle with dragons, demons and mages and armies... I saw there is a summon red dragon mod but I couldn't make it work....
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    I thought the colors show mod compatibility, but i was wrong.
    The colors show what the mods are about and their state.
  • BahamutZBahamutZ Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Looking for some assistance. I did the recommended mod option. I have been stuck on install.bat section with Cespanar Audio Patch for Item Upgrade. It says it is not present. Please install into main directory. The problem is that it is installed in the main directory from CespyAudioV1.zip. I have found no solution online for this.

EDIT: Nvm. I think I figured it out.
    Post edited by BahamutZ on
  • InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    before it even start to intal it tell me to start a game choose language and make a save which i all did but it keeps telling me to do it. i am using latest game patch and big world setup, windows 10
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Inarii You don't have lastest patch. Please update you game.
  • InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    @ALIEN wierd but apperently you were right, for some reason my game auto patched to an older patch instead of the latest one when i downloaded it again from gog the other day, thanks for the help all works now that i updated manually.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Hey guys installing today BWS and wondering if also my mod list is EE compatible or anything I need to think about i.e mod order.

Solafein V1.04+
    White Queen
    Back to Brynnlaw
    Sellswords
    Assassinations
    Foundling: Between Shades NPC
    I shall never forget (broken?)
    COM Encounters
    Amber/Ninde/Saerileth/Isra NPC
    Angelo/Tsujatha NPC
    Vampire Tales
    Banterpack/IEP Banter Pack
    UB/Almateria restoration
    BG tweaks
    Drizzt saga BG1 (Wyrm)
    BG Mini quest
    Quest pack
    Dungeon Crawl
    Tower of Deception (wyrm)
    Ellistraee's Song (SHS)
    Shadows of Soubar
    The Undying
    Freedom reign/reign of virtue
    Tales of Deep Gardens
    Portrait everywhere
    Wheels of Prophecy?
    Weidu/Item upgrade
    Corans/Ajantis extended talk
    Dark Horizons
    BG NPC Project/Music Banter
    Stone of Avaskar
    Sirene call
    Boat to Kara Tur
    Dark side of the sword coast
    Deidre and Joluv
    Team BG BG2EE weapon/armor
    The picture standard
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited March 2017
    Hello, I'm having some trouble installing the SCS part. It says something about running out of memory during Smarter Priests.

Here's the debug log:

ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl6.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#priest.baf]
    ERROR: [SACORC07.CRE] -> [override/SACORC07.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl7.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl4.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1gcl3.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1ecl3.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2gcl4.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2gcl7.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2gcl7.baf]
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2gcl7.baf]!
    ERROR: [SHUGAR01.CRE] -> [override/SHUGAR01.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl5.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2gcl3.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2gcl6.bcs]
    ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2gcl6.baf]: Out of memory
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2gcl6.baf]!
    ERROR: [SUELF10.CRE] -> [override/SUELF10.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1ecl5.bcs]
    ERROR: [TALMISS2.CRE] -> [override/TALMISS2.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1ecl2.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2dra5.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2dru4.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2dru4.bcs]
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2dru4.baf]!
    ERROR: [TDR8B.CRE] -> [override/TDR8B.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2dru6.bcs]
    ERROR: [UDCHAL.CRE] -> [override/UDCHAL.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl7.baf]!
    ERROR: [UDDOOR06.CRE] -> [override/UDDOOR06.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl3.bcs]
    ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl3.baf]: Out of memory
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl3.baf]!
    ERROR: [UDDROW14.CRE] -> [override/UDDROW14.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl3.bcs]
    ERROR: [UDDROW15.CRE] -> [override/UDDROW15.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl5.baf]!
    ERROR: [UDDROW31.CRE] -> [override/UDDROW31.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: [UDDROW36.CRE] -> [override/UDDROW36.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2gcl4.bcs]
    ERROR: [UDDUER01.CRE] -> [override/UDDUER01.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: [UDKUO02.CRE] -> [override/UDKUO02.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: [UDPHAE02.CRE] -> [override/UDPHAE02.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2gcl6.bcs]
    ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl6.baf]: Out of memory
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl6.baf]!
    ERROR: [VICPRI01.CRE] -> [override/VICPRI01.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1ecl4.bcs]
    ERROR: [WQXM3.CRE] -> [override/WQXM3.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2gcl5.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1gcl4.bcs]
    ERROR: [X#ANDART.CRE] -> [override/X#ANDART.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1dru5.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1gcl5.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1dru2.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1dru3.bcs]
    ERROR: [X#SHDR6A.CRE] -> [override/X#SHDR6A.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#1dru3.baf]!
    ERROR: [X#SHDR6B.CRE] -> [override/X#SHDR6B.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1dru5.bcs]
    ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1ecl2.bcs]
    ERROR: [YAGA04.CRE] -> [override/YAGA04.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl5.baf]
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#2ecl5.baf]!
    ERROR: [YSSOLD16.CRE] -> [override/YSSOLD16.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: [ZILARC01.CRE] -> [override/ZILARC01.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
    ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\gaal.baf]
    ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\gaal.baf]!
    ERROR: Out of memory
    Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

Some people have attached their WeiDU logs, I don't know which one is important, or how it works. In my BGEE folder I have one, and in my BG2EE I have two. One of them is called "WeiDU-BGEE.log". I don't know which one is relevant, or why a BGEE log is in my BG2EE folder.

EDIT: Nevermind, I remembered a classic line from IT Crowd: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?". What an awesome advice. Now it works.

EDIT2: Wow, I think I know why I have a BGEE file in my BG2EE folder, it seems I installed something that integrates all games. Now I have two BGEE's. I'm just hoping I didn't screw everything up, and I can actually play BGEE exactly as it was modded, through BG2EE's .exe
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • TrubbsTrubbs Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2017
    Greetings everyone! I'm a long-time lurker who has finally made an account to ask some questions of my own...

I installed the BGEE Trilogy mod using the big world installer. Fantastic work! I cannot believe the quality and quantity of content available for free! Thank you so much to everyone who makes this stuff!

I installed the recommended option with the large quantity of high-quality mods added in. I also chose to install the mod that adds the old movies in place of the new drawings. However, as I am adventuring in the areas around Candlekeep and just north of Beregost, I am finding that all the wolves I encounter are friendly! Even when I backstab them or shoot them with arrows, they remain friendly and just wander around until eventually succumbing to my dart's and Imoen's arrows.

Edit: I almost forgot, I've also noticed that the experience I receive from enemies is 50% of normal, so wolves give about 32. Is this intended?

Also, I am looking to configure a separate install with minimal mods to play through the entire saga with a friend in multiplayer. Are there any issues that would prevent me from using multiplayer with a minimal trilogy install via Big World? Does anyone have any recommendations on specific mods that would help give a really strong positive impression to a new player?

Again, thanks everyone for your efforts! They are very much appreciated!
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    XP reduction is an option in some components. SCS has less aggressive wolves, they may be bugged in your case...?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I have successfully installed BWS (and also customized the SCS part) on BG:EE, but I also want to install it on BG2:EE, as @subtledoctor removed the hotfix I was using to get SCS to work, in favor of BWS, which he said was better than the hotfix. The first post says there is no need to install BWS separately for BG2:EE, but installing BWS hasn't changed my BG2:EE game.

How do I get SCS onto my BG2:EE install without using the now-missing hotfix? Can BWS do that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @subtledoctor: Probably confusing because I'm new to BWS... I barely know what it does; I only ended up here due to your referral in the hotfix thread. In that case, I just ran BWS to install other stuff.

I'll give BWF a shot on its own, since BWS didn't accept it when I tried to select my BG2 directory when running BWS (it said to select the BG1 directory).
    @semiticgod Did you even read first page and see picture of "3. Choose you game:" ?
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    I am using BWS for sometime now, but every time I wan to correct something - it's a new learning the great tool. So, I decided to ask directly without re-installing all mod again: am I correct and there is not way to add some new mod (like new NPC, for example) not included yet into list of BWS mods yet, into the pool of selected mods for the tool to compare it with other mods and for fixing the potential problems?

I mean, after I selected all mods I need from BSW and then adding something that is not there?
    edited March 2017
    @ALIEN: I did. But when I tried to run BWS again, I ended up at the page just after the game selection, at step 4. See attachment. I didn't see the option to choose a different game until I clicked "back."
    @semiticgod Yes, that's intentional. It saves one action for the players who only use for one game. BWS GUI it'self is not perfect, but that's another story.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Where do I find the list of mods installed in a given BWS setup? Would I just look through the WeiDU logs?
    @Pokota You will find them at the mods/components selection screen. You already saw this screen and choose only the mod which you know (read mod readme's) and want?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    It's already been set up; I'm just putting together a summary of what's been installed.
    @Pokota Weidu log show mods, BWS\BiG World Setup\Logs\BiG World Install Debug.txt show full installation progress.
    edited March 2017
    I need to move BG2 to a separate folder outside Program Files x86, per the requirements in the BWS guide, but I don't know how to move it. I uninstalled both BG:EE and BG2:EE via Steam and want to reinstall them in a different folder, but I don't see the option to pick another folder. Attached is a screenshot of what I see.

Does anyone familiar with Steam know how I could move my install? My D drive doesn't have enough memory to hold BG2.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Just finished my BWS set up and had same issue as set up on under program files 86 and some mods didnt installed...I downloaded from beamdog so not from steam so will try to move folders and download again those missing mods
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Hey Alien, I noticed on the bitbucket there was commit that apparently BWS had a virus? How did that happen?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2017
    @semiticgod
    Install your games normally, then copy the installation directory (the one with chitin.key) to a different place. On my system, I created a folder called C:\Games\ and copied my games into there. The original installations still exist to provide a clean baseline, and any updates from Steam or GOG won't mess up my mods. You'll need to start your game directly from the baldur.exe instead of the Steam client.

edited March 2017
    Kaliesto said:

Hey Alien, I noticed on the bitbucket there was commit that apparently BWS had a virus? How did that happen?

@Kaliesto First of all, there is no virus inside BWS, not even "false positive virus" at all.
    If you would read the commit content: https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup/commits/5bf1650ceefd8ad5a12acc9a61b6bd20d30f8e9b

you would see that the change was only a new link to The "Lion Warrior" kit mod. This mod was packed ages ago with weidu version which cause false positive detection. I've repacked the archive and make so BWS won't download anything which would alert antivirus in any way.
    edited March 2017
    I moved my game per @BillyYank's instruction after reinstallation and started up BWS again for BG2. I ended up with a familiar error message in which one mod (usually a small one) fails and then BWS stalls indefinitely.

BWS says it skipped the component, but then nothing happens. BWS doesn't keep going when it hits this problem.
    It's not just the one mod. Any mod that fails apparently stops BWS from going any further.
  • CuratorCurator Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. First off, thanks for this incredible tool! :)

I installed BGEE Trilogy+mostly the Standard recommended installation. Worked fine. The game does CTD once in a while, but I think the same happened to me in vanilla BG1EE anyway. It's a trivial issue if you save frequently.
    So it appears there is no "Level 1 NPCs"-style mod (a mod that makes recruitable NPCs always start at level 1 with appropriate experience to level up and you can choose their starting proficiencies and points) in the mod list offered by this tool. "Level 1 NPCs" ( http://www.gibberlings3.net/level1npcs/ ). I'll try adding the new EE-compatible NPC EE ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43305/mod-npc-ee-non-player-characters-enhanced-for-everyone ) to my setup last, after the fact.

Also, why is Portraits Portraits Everywhere not in the standard setup? Are there any compatibility or other issues with it? Can be added to the Standard setup, or is it incompatible with some stuff in it (like The Picture Standard)?