Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• Maybe I could install it manually and then continue with the BWS installation as normal?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Check if you have the file in your bws downloaded files folder and see if it is broke. You can download it manually and put it there if there's problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited March 2017

Check if you have the file in your bws downloaded files folder and see if it is broke. You can download it manually and put it there if there's problems.

Yes, it's there. It's not broken as far as I can tell. However I did notice after the failed extraction, the "ds" folder was slightly lighter than the one inside the .zip, so I assume some files were not extracted. Edit: Exactly 49 files were not extracted automatically by the program.

Tried extracting everything manually, but it still doesn't detect the mod. Also tried downloading manually. Didn't help.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AmiciAmici Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2017
    Can this tool be used to install mods for the Android versions (BGEE and BG2EE)? I've been installing and ordering my mods manually on Weidu using some guides I saw here but some I wasn't sure and just put in a random order. My installation works for now but my fear is having to start over if I encounter a game-breaking bug in the middle of the playthrough (I'm not even sure if Ascension installed correctly, by the time I find out, I would have devoted too much time on the playthrough).

I'd be more confident if a tool like this took care of the installation and mod order.

ADDENDUM: Also I've been unable to install SCS without errors by manual install using the method here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43990/how-to-install-mods-on-android/p1

My mod order is as follows:
    Ascension
    Quest Pack
    Weimer item upgrade
    Banter packs
    IEP banters
    Imoen friendship
    NPC Tweaks
    Djinni companion
    UB
    ARP
    More styles for mages
    Upgradable dakkon
    Unofficial Item pack
    Tome and blood
    Duskblade kit
    Monk overhaul
    Romantic encounters
    cdTweaks (Tweaks anthology)
    Supposedly, SCS is last on the install order but it always installs with errors it's not included
  • idilippyidilippy Member Posts: 6
    I've been having trouble getting this to work. My last few attempts have all ended with the same error, even just trying to do the basic install:

Does anybody have a recommendation for what to do? I've already re-downloaded BG2 EE and the BigWorldSetup and it hasn't seemed to make any difference.
  • KuririnKuririn Member Posts: 7
    I'm getting "you already have mods installed and didn't do a backup"

I have one mod installed mid way through the Trilogy process (tweaks) as it said on the readme I was allowed to do. I do have two stages of backups, but I did them on my own not through Big World.

And it won't let me proceed... What can I do?
  • baalbaal Member Posts: 2
    try hitting the open debug. I noticed that the last line when it stopped mid-process that I had to answer a question....There were a couple mods that it couldn't find that I had to google, download and point install from the download.
  • educatedoafeducatedoaf Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    Installation hangs at:
    Copying and patching 1 file ... Applying kit/proficiency/script features to ALUFIE01 Copying and patching 1 file ... This is Stratagems Scripting Language Input file is stratagems/genai/ssl/dw#melee.ssl Output file is stratagems_external\workspace\ssl_out/dw#melee.baf Copying 1 file ... Compiling 1 script ... Copying and patching 1 file ... Copying and patching 1 file ... Copying and patching 1 file ...
    ~ANIMALCOMPANIONS/SETUP-ANIMALCOMPANIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Animal Companions For All Rangers (Optional: Druids) ~BEARWALKER/SETUP-BEARWALKER.TP2~ #0 #0 // BEAR WALKER KIT for Enhanced Editions. ~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/SETUP-A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Archer Kit: v2.2 ~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/SETUP-A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #100 // Add +4 arrows, bolts and two powerful bows to the game: v2.2 ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #26 // Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests: 1.3 ~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities -> Install revised HLAs for all classes: beta 4.09 ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility

Tried this three four times now, stops at same place each time. Fresh install each time.

The process is just maxing one core, not writing or reading a file and there's nothing in debug that would indicate I need to send entered text.

I can install SCS with no other mods, bar the basic trilogy, but when I try any of the other settings it stalls on SCS.

Recommended and Maximized fail to install on a clean install.

Any help would be welcomed.
    Post edited by educatedoaf on
  • educatedoafeducatedoaf Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    Not sure of the implications of this. Maybe just needs updating.
    WARNING: File "ajantisbg2/setup-ajantisbg2.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~14~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~13~'! This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/ajantisbg2". This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.
    WARNING: File "alternatives/setup-alternatives.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~v12~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~v11~'! This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/alternatives". This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.
    Both of those newer versions produce a hunk fail.

ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da") PLEASE email the file SETUP-ROT.DEBUG to Gilgamesh, King Diamond (WeiDU conversion) Automatically Skipping [Region Of Terror, v2.1] because of error. Using Language [English] [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 330830 string entries NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1 D:\Games\Baldurs Gate\Baldurs Gate - Bigger World> ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da")) ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da") Region Of Terror (Region of Terror) was not installed due to errors.
    Region of Terror doesn't install either.

Uninstalled 6 files for [CHLOE/CHLOE.TP2] component 1. ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error PLEASE email the file SETUP-CHLOE.DEBUG to Lucythebeast@hotmail.com Automatically Skipping [Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH)] because of error. Using Language [English] [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 410035 string entries SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Chloe for EET (Original Contents) NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH) D:\Games\Baldurs Gate\Baldurs Gate - Bigger World> Chloe NPC for SoA (Chloe NPC) was installed successfully. ERROR: parsing [CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d]: Parsing.Parse_error ERROR: compiling [CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d]! ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error Chloe NPC extended content (SoA and ToB - ATTENTION: ONLY ENGLISH) (Chloe NPC) was not installed due to errors.
    Chloe Extended Contents doesn't work either.
    Post edited by educatedoaf on
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    When I attempted to use BWS to make an EET install I also encountered the errors with Region of Terror & Chloe NPC. I had errors with Divine Remix too.

Is there an automatic selection for the Enhanced Edition Trilogy in BiG World Setup that directly corresponds with K4thos' list at Gibberling3 Mod Compatibility List for EET?
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741

If there is not I would like to suggest that one consider adding an automatic selection for the Enhanced Edition Trilogy in BiG World Setup that directly corresponds with K4thos' list at Gibberling3 Mod Compatibility List for EET. Despite the fact that I was able to use BWS to make a BGT megamod that I could play through to completion many times in the past I am unable to figure out to do so to complete a successful EET install.
  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 53
    Hello,

I find this tool very usefull :)
    But I can't finish the default "BG:EE trilogy" instal without having error:

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:

Rogue Rebalancing: The Mod itself (rr-v490b1.7z)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78949477/rr-v490b1.7z
    Worldmap: The Mod itself (bp-bgt_worldmap-v1021.zip)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78949477/bp-bgt_worldmap-v1021.zip
    aTweaks: The Mod itself (atweaks-v450.zip)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78949477/atweaks-v450.zip
    Finch NPC: The Mod itself (FinchNPCv4beta7.zip)
    http://cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/baldursgate.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/80/50711178201d3e91530b441364728b.zip

The following mods cannot be installed because of missing dependence:

The Picture Standard for BG2:EE:
    14000: Finch -> Vanilla
    10000: Rogue Rebalancing -> Vanilla

Some files could not be downloaded with the "BiG World Setup". Do you want
    the BWS to try to load the mods again, provide the files yourself (see remarks)
    or just continue?
    Enter [r]etry, [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.
  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 53
    Edit:
    After performing some researchs
    I have found the missing mods:
    Rogue Rebalancing, Worldmap, aTweaks: http://www.shsforums.net/
    Finch : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33019/finch-v4-0-beta-7-for-tutu-bg-ee-and-bgt
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    BiG World Setup is as of yesterday unsupported

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/page-206#entry594820

someone has to step in! (beamdog maybe? with their "beamdog client"? :D )

p.s. tx ALIENQuake for everything, you're one of the greats \m/
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Thank you for all the hard work ALIEN!
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Thank you for all your hard work.
  • JJaANFJJaANF Member Posts: 11
    :'(

Thank You ALIEN...
  • VicqVicq Member Posts: 73
    ALIEN did a big work! BWS helped me to install EET without problems. There are still many things to be done or completed. New and updated mods, IWD:EE in EET, maybe PST:EE in EET? I hope somebody would continue in Alien's work. Maybe K4thos is coming back...
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Thanks @ALIEN BWS is working great with EET and having fun with my modded playthrough!
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Thanks, I really enjoyed bringing BWS to the state almost 'work-for-the-first-time' state. At the begging, I just wanted to improve Polish support and create my ideal BGT Mega-Installation ;) Back then there was only BG1EE. Now, look where we are.

But hey, it's not that bad as it looks! Even if I won't actively support it, it doesn't mean that @agb1 won't, but he was not reply to my PM since long time.

The Big World Fixpack (aka BWFixpack) can be maintained by anyone who knows git and knows how to create patches for two different files. It's really simple but time consuming. Removing obsolete patches is even simpler as it's just deleting mod folders from BWFixpack.

I still have some things to cover, so I will be hang here occasionally. Thanks again :blush:
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited May 2017
    I'm trying to pin down which mod component is breaking thief traps in Minimal EET setups. I've already tested and ruled out EET by itself, which means it must be a BWS component. Which means unit testing. Is the install order listed anywhere?

E: Got it I think? In Minimal BWS EET Traps are working on the pregen'd thief from BG2 but not a freshly made thief starting from scratch.

Post edited by Pokota on
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited May 2017
    I'm reinstalling everything with BWS and I like that it occasionally says, in case I was worrying,

Everything is ok
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    Pokota said:

Is the install order listed anywhere?

In the PDF Manual http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/
  • crumbcrumb Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2017
    I have EET installed with BWS (including many mods). I'm on the 3rd underground floor and I've killed everything in the tunnels, but I'm not getting taken to the giant chessboard. I've tried ending it on Ice, Slime, and Air and it hasn't made a difference. Is there a command with EEKeeper or some other way to get to the chessboard? Any help would be appreciated very much. Thanks!
    Post edited by crumb on
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    edited May 2017
    Can out of date patches be a problem for EET? Should I match the mod version with whichever one EET has the patch for? Will the installer pause to inform me if the mismatching patch and mod can be a problem, or doesn't it work like that?
    edited May 2017
    Just tried to install EET, with all the big mods installed and most new NPC's (in general things needed or recommended for Sandrah). At least Alora NPC, Ajantis NPC (?) and Almateria's Restoration Project weren't properly patched because the mods were updated recently, but the installation continued anyway.

Installation failed at Reign of Terror. A number of .bif files weren't found, and it also said "cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da." Asked me to continue anyway or exit the program. EDIT: There may be a fix here, but I don't know how to apply it, I'm afraid to say, outside BWS, I'm utterly lost.

I wonder if the former problem is perhaps solved if I download the previous version, and put it in the downloads folder? Would that "fool" the program? I don't know what to do about the latter.

This answers two of your questions as well, @unavailable .
  • billy_pilgrimbilly_pilgrim Member Posts: 132
    edited May 2017
    @pokota Hi! I just made a post in the modding forum because I am having the exact same problem. Have you managed to find what was causing it? My install is also pretty minimal, do traps work if you do a full install?
    I was testing it with the vanilla thief from BGEE, and it wasn't working, as wel as my main which was a fighter/thief rolled in BGEE. If I pregenerated a char in BGII and exported it, eekeepered it to lvl 1 and started BGEE run traps should work?

testing now :P
    edited May 2017
    And now it's giving me problems with some quest mods, which is pissing me off, because yesterday I did the same thing and it worked:

"WARNING: File "Innershade/Setup-Innershade.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~8.0~' (expected no VERSION line)! This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-INNERSHADE.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/Innershade". This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files."

Edit: Found my answer: All mods have been updated
  • billy3billy3 Member Posts: 5
    Is it possible to set up BGT or EET (BG EE + BG2 EE + mods) on Android using BWS?
  • jmikejmike Member Posts: 3
    Here's a problem I'm having with BWS:

I have used BWS in the past without issue. I do not own Dragonspear but is there something done to the Steam version of the base game that requires the use of Modmerge regardless if you own it or not? I can see that being an issue if there were some updates to the base game. However I also have the standalone, DRM free installers for both EEs that are at least a couple of years old. I get that same message with BWS using those as well and I know for sure there's nothing Dragonspearish about those.

I'm stuck with that message showing whenever I try to cusomize the mod list or choose one of the preset lists.
  • TranscendedOneTranscendedOne Member Posts: 25
    How do you fix the incredibly slow download of the mods? I've did a massive huge mega installer buts its taken over several hours. I've even restarted because at one time it was 12+ hours and it still wasn't completed. I know for a fact its not my internet speed because its 60ms down and 20ms up.