Skip to content

Polymorph self: Mustard jelly cannot move?

Hey!

I've recently discovered that the Mustard Jelly form cannot move. Why is that? Anyone know?

Comments

• Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Yes it can. Have you checked to see if you are overencumbered as a result of your STR changing? From memory the mustard jelly has STR 12 or 14, so if your normal STR is higher you might now be encumbered.

Alternatively the mustard jelly needs more room to move because it is wider. Are you in a narrow passageway or otherwise tight area?

It's usually simple things like that...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Sometimes polymorph effects can have odd collision effects when you're changing into something with a bigger circle than normal. Sometimes you can fix it by teleporting with CTRL-J.
    Tresset
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

Sometimes polymorph effects can have odd collision effects when you're changing into something with a bigger circle than normal. Sometimes you can fix it by teleporting with CTRL-J.

Yeah, this is a bit of a bug with the current patch.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    No... It's nothing of the like. I can move like... one step, but then I'm hindered as if I was standing in a very narrow passage - even though I'm standing right upon a big field... Well.. I cannot remember this many bugs in BGII?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    MWO said:

Well.. I cannot remember this many bugs in BGII?

If you are referring to vBG2 I would say that I can remember plenty more bugs in that game than in BG2:EE. I know BG2:EE has its fair share of bugs, but I think there are fewer of them and most of them are less irritating than the old bugs...
    MWO said:

No... It's nothing of the like. I can move like... one step, but then I'm hindered as if I was standing in a very narrow passage - even though I'm standing right upon a big field...?

In any case, what @semiticgod said earlier is the cause of this bug. There are some rather odd collision effects with polymorphing into big circle creatures. If you want to know more, this is the official bug report on the matter.
    joluvsemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov