Skip to content

What do you think/ hope the new Beamdog game is going to be?

2»

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @DragonKing: That's what mods are for!

I once made a remake of Link's Awakening.
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1939/
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @semiticgod
    I was never a zelda fan unfortunately.

Is that even possible?
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I am not much of a Zelda fan either ... not of the games at least.
    I do like and collect the mangas by Akira Himekawa tho o.o

Is that even possible?
    @semiticgod
    Don't take this to heart, but megaman is the truth!

Megaman, spyro, Kirby> before legend of Zelda, especially the spyro series.

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited December 2015

Son, here's what yo's gonn' do. Yo's go get yo'self "The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time - Master Quest", yo's gonn' play it, and yo's gonn' SEE THE LIGHT. Off ye go, now!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Well given the addition of the despicable journal pop-up and character health bars it seems obvious the next game is going to be Call of Doody: Enhanced addition :P.

On a more serious note, GET ME PLANESCAPE: TORMENT ON MY IPAD !!!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    meagloth said:

GET ME PLANESCAPE: TORMENT ON MY IPAD !!!

AND MY VIRTUAL BOY !i!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Dee said:

Son, here's what yo's gonn' do. Yo's go get yo'self "The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time - Master Quest", yo's gonn' play it, and yo's gonn' SEE THE LIGHT. Off ye go, now!
    @Lord_Tansheron
    You spelled megaman legends wrong.
    You spelled Baldur's Gate II wrong.
    (ly) - sorry, couldn't resist it!

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    I want a Planescape EE before Tides comes out. I have never played Planescape, well for more than half an hour anyway, as the version I have handles like trash. Having no tab function makes an IE game unplayable for me.

Icewind 2 would be my next choice.
    Dee said:

@Lord_Tansheron
    @Dee
    You spelled Shadowrun wrong.

Dee said:

@Lord_Tansheron
    @Dee
    You spelled Super Mario 64 wrong.

Dee said:

@Lord_Tansheron
    @Dee
    You spelled Super Mario 64 wrong.
    @semiticgod
    You spelled pokemon red/blue/yellow wrong
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @semiticgod
    You spelled Sonic 06 wrong.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Heretics! Heretics! Burn the heretics!
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    From a professional and financial standpoint a brand-new game is what would make the most sense for Beamdog. Professionally you can only go so far just making enhanced editions of old games. If it is to be a new game, I passionately hope for a game set in the Realms in an area thus far unexplored in any other D&D game, in the current timeline, and using 5e rules.

I just don't get people continuing to beat the dead horse that is BG3. The story of Charname is finished. Done. Period.

I think IwD2EE is also somewhat unrealistic because of the major differences in the engine and the rules. The amount of time and effort that would have to be put into it would be much better spent on a new game. And since IwD2 never got an expansion, an EE would surely have to include a full-blown expansion to be worthwile from a content standpoint.

So if it is to be an EE, I would expect PS:T to be the game at the top of the list as the most logical choice.
    Who current control of beamdog? If it isn't bioware or wotc, I don't see why they have to stay in the realms of DnD if they make a game. I'd like to see them take a risk and create something else if they do a completely new game.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @DragonKing - managerial control of Beamdog is still in the hands of the two founders, Trent Oster (who is CEO) and Cameron Tofer. Maybe there are some other investors involved in the ownership of the company, and conceivably that could include other companies, but we haven't been told about any such relationship. So far as we know, the relationship with WotC and so on is purely a matter of contracts and licences.

Therefore, yes, Beamdog could probably try branching out from the D&D universe if they wanted to do so. Whether it'd be a sensible move obviously depends upon what the customers seem likely to buy. Apparently you'd like to try something completely different, but I wouldn't. You can get any number of non-D&D games from loads of other developers, but I like D&D and hope that Beamdog will stick to producing new material within the D&D framework.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    They can make their own universe (something like Pillars of eternity) and not depend to other licences.
  • BorderBorder Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2015
    Voted Planescape but I hope it's IWD2EE. I think all of the differences between IWD2 (specidically, 3rd edition) and the others may mean it doesn't get an EE. I wouldn't mind a new Forgotten Realms title in 5E either. What I don't care for is BG3.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I hope their next project is an isometric top-down D&D game largely inspired by BG and the Infinity Engine but not necessarily Baldur's Gate 3.

There hasn't been a single D&D-based game released after BG2 (except for IWD2, I guess) that I have truly liked so far. I want to believe Beamdog can change that.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i voted for baldurs gate 3 because baldurs gate is my utter more penultimate favorite RPG series of all time and i will never ever stop singing its praises. but i also would LOVE an entirely new IP (even if its the same engine same style same everything as baldurs gate) i really want to see this company flourish and flex its muscles and try something uniquely and fully their own. i would like to see them release a product and say "i made that" not just "i made that better" and i would love to say "look at what these dudes made!!" not "looks what these dudes improved!" (granted i told everyone and my mother about BG:EE.....six times and i MAY have held my friend paddy hostage untill he bought it himself.....im not sorry) :D