Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Roleplaying Challenge Continues! The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

17273747678

Comments

  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    "Another warrior to join our worthy band. I think Tempus would be pleased." Branwen said, nodding, after Minsc had spoken.

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    DM: Okay, where to now? There are the stairs leading back up, or out into the hold...

  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    "I'm okay with wherever way you want to go." Imoen smiles at Oceanus. "Welcome to the group."

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Oceanus smiles at Imoen. He's a little young and his looks are somewhat disconcerting, but the way he grips his spear speaks of experience. He seems to be looking for guidance on which way the party is going, though. (DM: HINT, HINT)

  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,210
    OOC My amazing intellectual abilities tell me he has no idea where we should go now! Gods my mental abilities are certainly increasing in the presence of Boo :)

    IC:
    Let's go down. I think it's the only place where anyone could be hiding. If we don't find any documents that can give us a clue down there we should search this entire ship once more.

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay, out into the hold it is (Up or out being your only options at this point).

    You open the door into the hold (not locked or trapped or anything). It's a very large, dim space. There is a light here, but it's out of view, leaving you looking at the mast, which goes through the upper deck and down into the bowels of the bilge below. To the right of the door as you exit lies stacked bolts of silk, more than 50 of them (not that you are counting). Straight ahead are rows of casks, and even more are to your right, across the ship from you. There are hundreds of them, resting together, kept in place by racks of wood and tied into place with heavy rope- the silk bolts as well. Forward of the silk bolts is a set of stairs going up, and at the far end of the hold is a door leading forward, over 50' away. The room is big and somewhat spooky, but you also see a grating leading down into the bilge.

  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "Perhaps we will find more swords!" This space was fit for nothing, unless one was making a lady's dresses. It didn't necessarily mean that evil was afoot, but it didn't mean that it wasn't, either. "Right, Boo?"

  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,210
    @reedmilfam OOC Just wondering what if Minsc was a Paladin... :)

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,852
    I'll sneak ahead, hiding in the shadows and look round to see if anyone is hiding here.

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora sneaks around, looking for anyone hiding. She doesn't find anyone, just the door leading forward. The ship creaks as it rides the waves.

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,852
    I'll listen at the door and do the usual looking for traps and picking the lock if necessary. Then I will wait for the big brave types before opening the door.

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    No locks, no traps. No sounds, either. When you open the door, you are greeted with the funk that tells you humans have been living here in close quarters for some time. This room fills the front of the ship all the way from one side to the other, being just as wide as the hold. The smell of perspiration is (just) dominant over the scent of unwashed bodies, and human waste (old, at that). This is obviously the crew's quarters.

    To your left is a staircase leading up that starts about 6' from the bulkhead. Around the cabin, slung between hooks on the bulkhead and supporting hoists, are eight hammocks. To judge from the slack way they hang, they are unoccupied at present. Beneath each hammock is a brass-bound wooden sea chest- most are closed, but two are open and appear to contain clothing.

    In the center of the cabin is a long, wooden table, plain and unadorned, with a long wooden bench along each side (like a picnic table, but the table and benches are not connected). The table is bolted to the deck, and the benches are as well. The table is stained and dirty and has an untidy pile of tin plates and cups roughly stacked in a large tin bucket below it. They appear to hardly ever have been cleaned. Over the table, hanging from the deck above, is a metal hooded lantern, unlit. Against the starboard side, an area has been curtained off by cheap, dirty cloth hangings extending from the ceiling almost to the floor.

    The cabin appears to be unoccupied at present. It is smelly, dirty and untidy and not a very nice place to be at all.

  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @mlnevese - the 'evil is afoot' thing was largely inspired by the Gamespy 'interview with Minsc' and the Minsc and Boo quiz at Minsc and Boo dot com.

    mlnevese
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    "Oh, ew," Imoen mutters as she looks around the crew quarters. "I know they're pirates and all, but geez..." Imoen shrugs and looks at Alora. "I doubt there's much in here worth our time. I don't think any kind of paper trail would be in here; it'd be in the nicer quarters above. I definitely don't want to go down into the bilges. But, if you think there's something to find in here, I'll help you look."

  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "No swords?" So much for the ever increasing collection of Minsc. Fortunately, he had swords of many sizes, from a Boo-sized dagger to a Minsc-sized Sword of Boo, +1. It was all that he needed. "Then we will use boot on the backside of evil, Right, Boo?"

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,852
    I don't suppose anyone knows Zone of Sweet Air?

    Holding my breath I will bravely start opening the chests and sorting through the pirates' sweaty socks just in case one of them has stolen something important from one of the pirate bosses.

  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,210
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Imoen groans and goes to help Alora. "The things I do in the name of completion," she mutters...

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Sorry for going invisible. My Dad had a full- on breakdown yesterday. He was convinced that another woman had come into our house and collapsed while talking to him, and was throwing open all the doors and windows to air out the house- he feared carbon monoxide, and begging me to call the police and fire department to help the woman. There was no woman (of course), so he concluded she had fallen behind the couch, and I had to tell him (many, many, many times) that there was no woman, and no carbon monoxide leak- while going around closing all the windows and doors he was opening. (sigh) It took so long to calm him down that I was crying from exhaustion when it was over. He is still sleeping today, and I am at work.

    So... back to the game. You hear a thumping, scraping noise from up top...

  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    LadyRhian said:

    So... back to the game. You hear a thumping, scraping noise from up top...

    YAY! Eldoths ghost is pleased that more have come to the slaughter, destroy those pathetic adventurers and steal back my goods. I'd also like to thank the Gods that there's so many different planes to go to upon death, no more Kivan!

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,852
    edited October 2012
    OOC I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. That must be incredibly hard to deal with.

    Back in the world of fantasy ...

    A thumping, scraping noise from up top? That sounds like the urban legend about the escaped lunatic. You know the one where the guy and girl break down in the middle of nowhere and they hear on the radio a warning about an escaped lunatic called the Hook because he's got a hook for a hand. The guy goes for help. And then the girl hears this thumping, scraping noise on the roof of the car ....

    I just remembered that one of the pirates had a hook for a hand! I'm not going out there. The Hook has obviously come back to life and he knows what we did last summer!

    (Alora hides under a bunk and refuses to come out)

  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    Branwen spins around, grabbing her hammer. "What was that. We should go and find out." She says as she starts to go out of the hold, and out of the rather filthy room.

  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Evinfuilt said:

    LadyRhian said:

    So... back to the game. You hear a thumping, scraping noise from up top...

    YAY! Eldoths ghost is pleased that more have come to the slaughter, destroy those pathetic adventurers and steal back my goods. I'd also like to thank the Gods that there's so many different planes to go to upon death, no more Kivan!
    Now that Kivan is dead, he knows all and sees all, like Helm.

  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "We will go see. Boo needs his exercise and likes the fresh air." Besides, thumping might be a sign that evil was afoot and, if it was, it needed to feel his foot on its backsides!

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay. You climb back up to the top deck, and discover that three of the pirates have undogged the ship's boat from its mooring and are starting to drop it over the side. One of them sees you, shouts a warning to the others, and they jump into the boat and start hacking through the lines to drop it into the water that much faster...

  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Minsc rushes at full speed, sword at the ready (with the amazing damage bonus from charging!). "Evil, meet my sword. Swoooooooooooooord. Meeeeeet evillll!!!!"

  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay, Minsc charges. How are the rest of you paying? Cash or check? ;)

  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Check. Imoen sprints up the stairs after Minsc, drawing her bow as she gets to the top deck. As she sees what's happening, she moves around to the right so she can fire at the pirates without hitting Minsc. If she still has time to get a shot off before the end of the round, she'll fire an arrow at any pirate she thinks she can hit without tagging Minsc.

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,852
    I come out from under the bunk and run up the stairs. I call on the pirates to surrender and tell them if they do we won't harm them.

  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I come out from under the bunk and run up the stairs. I call on the pirates to surrender and tell them if they do we won't harm them.

    Edwins ghost: A fine plan were Minsc not about to chop one in half, and Imoen put an arrow in another. (Are these fools truly the best adventures I could find?)

Sign In or Register to comment.