Skip to content

Anybody ever been killed by Gorion?

FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
In Candlekeep, Charname Spoony Dub Dub was caught trying to pickpocket the chanters in the inner courtyard. "Time to finally see the countryside," he thought, and ran to Gorion. Too bad though; Gorion had had enough, apparently, and killed Spoony.

This blew me away. Its so funny, storywise. Here's Gorion preparing to take his son into hiding to protect him from some ominous foe. But then, no, I guess he's not worth it anyway.

I guess things were always happening like this in Spoony's past. I suppose Gorion had to throw his weight around a few times before. Make Spoony's troubles disappear, like some sociopaths politician father. Some items missing from the inn? Gorion will pay for it. Dead scullery maid? Undoubtedly a freak accident.

After all those years of an easy life, was Gorion just too anxious to go back to the road? He knows what to expect out there and was afraid he couldn't cut it. He took Spoony's hijinks as an easy excuse to avoid what he feared. Was Gorion a drinker?

So many questions. What a hard place the sword coast is. No forgiveness, no second chances. Even years later, I bet you could return to Nashkel and Noober would still recognize Charname and be his enemy for that time he punched him years ago.

Anyway. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What'd you think of that?

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've tried to kill Gorion and have been killed by him more times than I can remember. His magic missiles are a killer.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    wait has anyone not?

also, judging by your interpretation OP, it seems like gorion has just about had enough of your shenanigans
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    For pickpocketing?

Lose a hand perhaps, but.................. Gorion's a psychopath.
    Obviously the big armoured guy did us all a favour.
    Open a chest without permission, game over.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    simples said:

wait has anyone not?

also, judging by your interpretation OP, it seems like gorion has just about had enough of your shenanigans

Well yeah, but thats just Spoony's story. He was a turd. I like @UnderstandMouseMagic's interpretation. It works for the more charming rogue type. I'm sure Imoen was next to feel Gorion's wrath. "Imoen, were you looking through my Correspondence?" Dire Charm, Jump off rampart.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Yes Gorion has killed me and Yes I did deserve it.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited March 2016
    I've seen him kill the Armored figure a few times....back before they fixed that when the game (the original version) first came out. (he could potentially deal just BARELY enough damage to kill under near perfect rolls/circumstances, which caused the game lock-up while trying to do a final save during the cutscene). in the 2nd or 3rd patch they removed a spell from the script and buff the figures HP to make sure it didn't happen again.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    bengoshi said:

"To end... like this?" ©

That quote reminded me Samus... :sweat_smile:
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Yeah... Gorion saw me murder Imoen and didn't seem to like it for some reason or another.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Gorion is seriously dangerous once he gets annoyed. You'll probably have noticed that he appears to be using improved alacrity during the cutscene with Sarevok - and he seems to enjoy doing the same to you :)
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    i remember in the Old Classic BG1 you could just Kill Guards for XP and the 300 gold armors , then just spend 200 of that to get the reputation loss back. Gorion only triggered hostile if you did fall below i think 3-5 reputation.

Nowadays you cant so much as Cough at a guard and be Murdered by your Foster daddy so yeah , he killed me :I
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    Gorion is justicer, not even harper.
    balance and crap, if anyone wont obey order he will killing and shit.

its a good question to ask - the image of gorion in BG.
    the fact that Khalid (which is good npc) his friend, say something about him.
    He scales from true natural to good.

heh.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Grond0 said:

Gorion is seriously dangerous once he gets annoyed. You'll probably have noticed that he appears to be using improved alacrity during the cutscene with Sarevok - and he seems to enjoy doing the same to you :)

I'll tell you who is even tougher: Gatewarden. I wasn't even on THE MAP and he insta-killed me!
  • OlteronOlteron Member Posts: 67
    I tossed a dart at Gorion once. Gorion was not amused.

Okay it was more than one dart. Still. Take a joke pops.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Oh yeah, I had a character killed by Gorion. I made a Paladin and turned on story mode, started to slaughter things to get the the achievements for being a Fallen Paladin and getting a very low rep. I wiped out the entirety of Candlekeep, and made my way towards Imoen. She ran, Gorion saw me, and one-shot the me.

Gorion was so strong he simply decided to ignore Story Mode's "you can't die" thing. At least I got those achievements out of the way.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I once tried to pick pocket Gorion just to see if he had anything interesting. When he caught me, instead of sitting me down and explaining that stealing is wrong, he threw a lightning bolt at me that not only killed me but Imoen got caught in the crossfire and she died too.

Talk about an over-reaction. How that guy ever got to be a foster parent is beyond me. Don't social services do any background checks on the Sword Coast?
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    I've actually been able to kill Gorion once. Very tricky due to his extremely high HP and lethal attacks. And also it's unlikely this can ever be accomplished again due to the 2.0 patch changes.

With Stupifier (pre 2.0), grandmastery in maces, and Improved Haste, you can hit 6 attacks per round (8 with dual wielding). One lucky roll and Gorion is perma stunlocked. Then just whack him about 20 times and he'll drop dead.

Unfortunately the instant Gorion dies, the game becomes unwinnable at that point and the DM decides that your life is over. You're killed by an unblockable scripted event trigger at the same time.

Actually, I think Tethtoril is even stronger than Gorion! He cannot be touched by any THAC0 number or spell, and crits automatically fail to land, so it's impossible to even hurt him. I don't think Ctrl-Y works either. He can also insta-kill you faster than Gorion (his ability has a 0 cast time versus Gorion needs about 2 sec). There IS a way to block his spell, but it doesn't last very long so all you can do is enter a staring contest.