Skip to content

Ship Date Delay

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    kamuizin said:

As i said many times, for me if the game launch in 2013 i will have no problem with it (and i already pre-ordered the game).

I have waiting for almost 12 years for this to happen, believe me when i say "take you time", take all the time needed for the best of the best. I will not complain in any way for delay reasons, but give me an awersome product that respect Baldur's Gate legend.

If you devs think that you can present the actual project of the enhanced edition to ATARI (or whoever have the rights over BG) with some suggestions to change original content, if you believe you can convince them to accept changes in the original content, by the gods! I would gladly wait to 2014 for the release if needed!! (but more than 2014 is too much).

This is all i have to say about this matter.

Im actually beginning to like you :O)
  • actionjezus6actionjezus6 Member Posts: 12
    Sar said:

For those interested, GoG.com are selling both BG games atm (original versions + goodies) along with a bunch of other D&D games for a real bargain on their website atm, if you're gagging for a D&D/BG fix in the very lengthy meantime.

Yup...totally buying them. I am all set for one week BG challenge, and not even the BG:EE delay is going to stop me.
    The worst part : shitloads of mods to install.
  • GraysonACGraysonAC Member Posts: 6
    Sorry to hear that gents, but glad you're getting the time needed to make the game the best it could be. Was looking forward to playing it on an upcoming vacation - guess I'll have to drag the laptop along now so I can help test instead :)
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I'm cool with it - More time for me to wrap up some other games. I just feel for the folks that were planning to take off from work to have some time to play. Hopefully they didn't put their time in already.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    Sar said:

History has proved many, many times before delays do NOT make a better game. Bad communication does not either. They made it seem like Sept 18th was set in stone with the big marketing campaign to bring in more money, and to come three days before and say, sorry, we are delaying feels like a scam.

True. Mass Effect 3 was delayed for an extra 6 months, and look at the shambles that turned out to be...
    Sorry, but KOTOR 2 wants to speak with you.

The followup to one of the best games ever was rushed. And what made it so heartbreaking is that it clearly had the foundation of an amazing game. IMO, it was still very good. But know what might have been means I will never ask a game be rushed out the door. It would have blown away KOTOR 1, a game which I consider 2nd only to BG2 as my fav.
  • SidemiSidemi Member Posts: 70
    Well, as a non-hardcore gamer I'm okay with release date change but... but.. It's Baldur's Gate we're talking about! Ouch.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135

Sar said:

History has proved many, many times before delays do NOT make a better game. Bad communication does not either. They made it seem like Sept 18th was set in stone with the big marketing campaign to bring in more money, and to come three days before and say, sorry, we are delaying feels like a scam.

True. Mass Effect 3 was delayed for an extra 6 months, and look at the shambles that turned out to be...
    Sorry, but KOTOR 2 wants to speak with you.

The followup to one of the best games ever was rushed. And what made it so heartbreaking is that it clearly had the foundation of an amazing game. IMO, it was still very good. But know what might have been means I will never ask a game be rushed out the door. It would have blown away KOTOR 1, a game which I consider 2nd only to BG2 as my fav.
    Lord forgot about KOTOR 2. Even set in the Star Wars universe, it had hints of Ravel and that eternal riddle. The game begged to be great and instead was stillborn. What might have been, like TOB.
  • XensXens Member Posts: 12
    Man this sucks for those that took time off from work, I don't really care that they need to take more time I just wish they wouldn't have announced this the weekend before they release it, jeez.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Damn, i need another beer supplier then !
  • mtyler11mtyler11 Member Posts: 20
    This is why I've never bought anything during pre-sale before. If I hadn't bought it pre-launch I'd be "... oh well, its another Blizzard tact (done when its done)", but since I've already paid, I want to play it now!... So I am of 2 minds... I want a finished product thats the best they can make it, however I've been a PC gamer for decades and am accustomed to software that is patched after release. If the multi-platform release is the primary source of delay then they should have focused on 1 platform to release and then rolled into the tablet next
  • BrandtCPBrandtCP Member Posts: 6
    I'm definately disappointed, especially since I preordered this morning (I rarely preorder ever). But, if the game isn't ready for release I prefer that to flame posts going on about how we the customers are beta testers, etc.
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    Meh, been waiting 14 years. Two more months isn't going to hurt me.
  • YaeriusYaerius Member Posts: 61
    I am crushed :( I was soooo horny on BGEE. You really could announce this earlier, not 3 days before the release :( sad... very, very sad. I understand this was a hard, but overall good decision. I only hope there won't be any further date pushing.
  • corsiar2112corsiar2112 Member Posts: 3
    I am not amused. I preordered this game expecting to be playing next week. Who do I talk to about a refund? I will pre order the game once its ACTUALLY one week from releasing but until then I've got better things to spend my money on then a product I can't use until 2 months from now.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Looking forward to the release even more, considering the delay is due to new content, and further refinements + a large number of languages.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    CamDawg said:

I just wanted to pop back in to address one point.

You have every right as a customer to express your anger, your frustration, your disappointment. But to the folks insinuating (or outright saying) that the Sept. 18 date was never a real goal--as a beta tester I took it very seriously, as did the other beta testers, and we're really frustrated and disappointed we didn't make the date. The only people more frustrated than us are the devs themselves. No one is happy with this, and the anger and frustration in this thread is shared.

By all means, express your rights as a customer, but let's all at least try to keep the tone civil.

Civility would be a plus. Communication, communication, communication. ;)
  • ImBarryScottImBarryScott Member Posts: 18
    I am one that took time off work, I can live with the delay - In fact if they said it needed another year to get right I could genuinely wait that long. What I cant live with is the ridiculous lack of communication. I can hardly walk into work on Monday and say hey guys that holiday I booked for tomorrow - well I'm gonna have to delay it. All people ask for is fair warning, It is not too much to ask and the excuses that have been made in this thread are exactly that. I love the team and their vision, but I hate the unprofessional vibe that emanates from this project, it makes me nervous - probably unduly so - that one of the classics isn't getting the resources it needs to do it justice.

/rage
    /imnotangrywithyoujustdissapointed

Ahhh well, now I can carry my party from IWD over into IWD2 and keep the warmup session going even longer :)
  • JediMBJediMB Member Posts: 3
    Funny how this delay was announced the very day after I paid for my pre-order. :P

Well, I'm just hopeful that the game will turn out even better because of this delay. Heck, I'm even going to dare hoping that there'll be a female/female romance option when the game is released in November.

And with my backlog of games (plus school), I'm not even sure I'd have the time to play BG anytime soon.
  • NavarreNavarre Member Posts: 6
    Now ain't that jolly, warms my heart to see that email in my inbox (/sarcasm), would have appreciated the heads up earlier, not with 3-4 days before the planned release, with all those working on the projects you'd think at least someone would have figured out a month ago that the dead line will not be honored.

It's understandable, yet I can't help but feel grumpy that I won't be able to play it on my birthday. Back to waiting, happy developing, or something :).
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Not a big issue. BG occupied my time for years when it was first released, a few months either way won't make much of a difference.

Plus - we can now bombard Overhaul with more ideas and suggestions over the next month!. :)
  • elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    As an old painter would say...'I'd rather have it done right, not just painted white.'

As a pre-orderer, I am all for the delay if it means a better product.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I'm actually glad they have more time to polish things up and make bgee the best it can be.. looking forward to the extra suprises too :)
  • And my birthday was two days after the release and I was hoping to play it as a little gift to me for finishing High School but I can understand how hard it is to create a game and I'm willing to wait just few more months to play the game that made me get into RPGs, I'll be happy to play this awesome game.
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    CamDawg said:

I just wanted to pop back in to address one point.

You have every right as a customer to express your anger, your frustration, your disappointment. But to the folks insinuating (or outright saying) that the Sept. 18 date was never a real goal--as a beta tester I took it very seriously, as did the other beta testers, and we're really frustrated and disappointed we didn't make the date. The only people more frustrated than us are the devs themselves. No one is happy with this, and the anger and frustration in this thread is shared.

By all means, express your rights as a customer, but let's all at least try to keep the tone civil.

I'm all for a civil tone, but saying beta testers and devs are more frustrated then the rest of us who only have a couple of screenshots from the game - yeah that makes no sense.
  • BrastiasBrastias Member Posts: 10
    Still have my unyeilding support. I can wait.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Unlucky. Can't say I'm not a little disappointed but you get that on the big jobs!

In other news GoG.com emailed me also - 65% off D&D games... Timing!
  • SolardreamSolardream Member Posts: 1
    *face palm* Ok, delaying it until October 18th would have been fine.
    But the end of November? Frak. Me.
    Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes of Beamdog! They seem to hate Giant Space Hamsters.
  • JudgeDJudgeD Member Posts: 1
    NOW I'm depressed . somehow I can understand though.
    but i hope there'll be no more delays or anything. no more sad e-mail guys.
    God i can't wait !
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Neur0

They might be right considering the Developers and Beta Testers are under NDA and really can't answer most of the questions we have without jumping through legal hoops.
This discussion has been closed.