Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• 626_EXP626_EXP Member Posts: 33

Truthfully, I regret never ordering this. *sigh*

I'm sure I'll feel different when/if it is ever in my hands but as of now I completely agree.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    626_EXP said:

I'm sure I'll feel different when/if it is ever in my hands but as of now I completely agree.

Are you sure you two are saying the same thing?

"I regret never ordering this" means he's sorry he didn't buy the CE before it sold out, whereas your post seems to imply that you're sorry for ordering it instead.
    Enilwynlolien
    Yea my mind made never=ever. My bad.
    AndreaColombo
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    No delivery for Christmas. Sigh :(
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Any news?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I guess there will be news once the office opens again after the holiday break.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    That's on the 9th, then. But that sounds optimistic to me, since it's not their top priority.
    This is just sad. Definitely the last time I order something like this from them. I don't really appreciate waiting nearly a year for something I ordered. Hell, it might be a year or more before we DO receive it.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I can't imagine Beamdog wanting to go through this again, either.

Personally, I hope they issue more Collectors Edition products now that they've learned lots of valuable lessons from this first time.
    [Deleted User]GallowglassCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    bleusteelGallowglassCrevsDaak
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Has anybody tried a credit card dispute on this? I'm really glad I didn't order it, but if I had, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the charge cancelled.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @BelgarathMTH If you Google "credit card billing before shipping" you will see that it is against Visa and MasterCard's policy (but not actually illegal) for a merchant to debit the funds from a customer's account before the goods have been despatched. So payment for the box set should still be a "pending transaction" in the purchaser's bank statement.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you're looking for a refund, you probably should contact Beamdog Support first. I can tell you from experience, they're pretty understanding about this sort of thing. ;)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    Dee said:

If you're looking for a refund, you probably should contact Beamdog Support first. I can tell you from experience, they're pretty understanding about this sort of thing. ;)

What do you know @Dee ?!

Oh...OH...!!!!
    Buttercheese
    Oh I'm not cancelling at this point. I've been in it too long. I have to see it through. Also, i may be complaining now but when/if they make another expansion and they make another CE then I'll probably be first in line. But hopefully they don't make this mistake again...
    ButtercheeselolienCrevsDaakQuartz
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I'm curious, with some of the brave warriors that have cancelled their Collector's Edition Box order, if those will be placed back on the purchasing market once the Collector's Edition Box is ready for shipping?

Since only a certain number have been produced, how many have become available from distraught purchasers?

I myself never ordered it, as it was too much at the time for me to fork over. With the time that has passed, well I have that saved for a nice rainy day.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't think the promised content of the CE box is remotely worth the price charged. For me, the value is mostly in the game itself, and I've got that already without waiting for the box to arrive.

Nevertheless, I paid for the CE box as a gesture of support for Beamdog's efforts, and I don't regret giving them my money. For the number of hours of enjoyment given by the game, it's massively underpriced compared to many other forms of entertainment.

However, even though I don't greatly care about the CE box as such, the delay is now so long that it's becoming irritating, simply on the grounds that I expect businesses to deliver goods for which I've paid.

Thank goodness it now looks as if we'll receive it before much longer.
    626_EXP
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    @typo_tilly That's a good idea.
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2017
    I've always liked spending a few extra bucks to get silly game mementos. I still have my BG2 trading cards. The price on this one would seemingly require a real emotional investment in the game, though.
    GallowglassCrevsDaak
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    Dee said:

Thanks Dee, I'm going to give it a try. I have supported you guys from the beginning with BGEE and I plan on continuing the support, but this whole CE thing just hasn't worked out. It's been nearly a year since I ordered the CE and will likely pursue a refund at this point.
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    Dee said:

FYI, don't waste your time trying to get a refund, I was told by Beamdog support that the refund window for the CE has closed. So basically I can't get a refund for a product I never received. I even told Beamdog support to keep the $20 for the Steam key. This whole CE mess has left a bad taste in my mouth. Nearly 10 months since purchase and still no ship date.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]CrevsDaakButtercheese
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    edited January 2017
    The previous two posters are correct. I attempted to get a refund and was denied by Beamdog Support.

Beamdog Support (Customer Support)

Hello ,

I have sent your request to billing, however, they informed me that your original request is outside of our 14 day return policy, so unfortunately we aren't able to refund you.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

So, @Mathsorcerer or others, I'd be happy to send it to you (if it ever arrives) at the sticker price.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]MathsorcererButtercheese
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335

^ Same experience here with Support. Guess if anyone in Europe wants the CE box when it's released, we could certainly come to an agreement.

There is always the eBay route, too.
    [Deleted User]CrevsDaak