Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited January 2017
    dunbar said:

I can't help but wonder if the DVD will be released in Europe by Deep Silver/Koch International like the EEs were.

I am gonna guess the regualr box version that makes it to the store shelves will (if there will be one, which I don't doubt), but the CE probably not, that would make things just more complicated.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    Looks dope. What I wouldn't give for that coin alone!
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    @JuliusBorisov Have the Road to v2.0 reward copies shipped, too?
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    Still waiting on mine. Is anyone in the U.S. still waiting on theirs? With my luck mine got lost :(
  • SilmarilNaroSilmarilNaro Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2017
    Now I'm slightly worried, I'm going to Tasmania for a bit over a week, what if it arrives while I'm away? Well I am doing something about that - I'm going to see the post office about being away and an alternate deal with mail so *shug*.

Can anyone estimate ETA for Australia?
    Post edited by SilmarilNaro on
  • galbymangalbyman Member Posts: 3
    Just got mine!!
    On advisory from my post office, I am going to ask the guy next-door to keep an eye on my mail while I'm away.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    It all looks very lovely and well-produced. Especially the field report, which looks very impressive just from the video. Can't wait to get my hands on it and take a look through it for myself. :)
    How about doing another art contest :V
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Thanks Julius. Any idea when refunds might go out? Would that be something to expect this week?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    No sign of my copy yet... But Blighty is the other side of the pond...
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

Ok, here're a few answers on questions asked in this thread recently.

1. The Road to v2.0 reward CE copies haven't been shipped yet, as we are waiting for the pallets to get to the office before we ship them - you know, we need to sign one of them (for @00zim00 ).

If you're going to have all of the reward copies at the office, Beamdog might as well sign all of them :)

We need to track down Andrew and Amber to get their signatures, too. Or maybe Beamdog could ship the CEs to them with a return label. What's a couple more months wait to get a copy signed by all the developers and writers?

3. Our distributor handing Australian shipments should be shipping packages shortly, however we're still waiting on confirmation of this.

Okay, I think I will just have to do as I mentioned before, ask my neighbour to watch my mailbox while I'm away.

• DarkSolDarkSol Member Posts: 11
    Time to ebay my copy since i've missed the preorder :)
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Glad I won a copy via the road to v.2.0 thingy. Gutted I'll have to wait longer :D
  • ElDiabloElDiablo Member Posts: 36

2. All US orders should have received an email with tracking information. If you haven't got this email, check you mailbox thoroughly, and in case you still can't find it, - PM me, as we have several "bad addresses" that the shipping company was unable to deliver to.

3. Our distributor handing Australian shipments should be shipping packages shortly, however we're still waiting on confirmation of this.

What of the EU orders, any ETA on those?

sadly so far I have not gotten any news on my CE yet. hoping i can get it before i start my let's play of siege.
  • R3fr4ct0rR3fr4ct0r Member Posts: 4
    I have my CE, but did not get any tracking info at all.
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    How about a Canadian delivery date Eh?
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Despite my refund request, I received a copy. Beamdog has offered to pay for my return shipping but it might make more sense for me to post the package on eBay. If anyone is interested in making me an offer, send me a direct message. Thanks!
  • ShargrathShargrath Member Posts: 1
    Got my copy recently and I have to say you have met and exceeded my expectation. Truly a collector's item! Considering Baldur's Gate is one of my favorite games of all time, I am thrilled to add this to my bookshelf. The tapestry map might have to replace my original 1998 boxed copy map that I still have on my wall from the original PC release.

It was definitely worth the wait!

• the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited January 2017
    Your welcome and thank you for giving us the chance to buy something like this after all these years!

I have the War Craft 3 battle chest, NWN collectors edition and the Baldur's Gate 2 Collectors edition. In my opinion the SOD collectors edition is the best one. I hope Beamdog is proud of it. I know I am.

My favorite part of the set is actually the box itself. It has a really smooth powdery type of feel and the artwork combined with the embossed elements is just awesome. The box is sturdy and I like how the edges and corners are very sharp. The user manual is also great. It's like the BG2 manual only it has full color and high quality glossy paper with a hardback cover. I couldn't ask for a better set. I think the choices made on the actual contents in the box were well done too. I can tell a lot of thought went into it. I'd also like to thank the artists that contributed. They did an excellent job with the cover art and the various pictures in the manuals. It reminds me of the old P&P books.