Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• DarkSolDarkSol Member Posts: 11
    Prices will go down in a couple of months.
    On a side note. How many CEs are there? Anyone have a number?
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835

ElDiablo said:

2. All US orders should have received an email with tracking information. If you haven't got this email, check you mailbox thoroughly, and in case you still can't find it, - PM me, as we have several "bad addresses" that the shipping company was unable to deliver to.

3. Our distributor handing Australian shipments should be shipping packages shortly, however we're still waiting on confirmation of this.

What of the EU orders, any ETA on those?

sadly so far I have not gotten any news on my CE yet. hoping i can get it before i start my let's play of siege.
    No ETA as of yet. The CE's are on their way to our distributor for EU. We hope to have more detailed information to share once they clear customs.
    Canada?
    edited January 2017

I'm in Canada. Last night I received a Canada Post tracking number for a thing. I'm guessing it's the CE. :3

How did you receive the tracking number if you don't mind me asking. I have not received any correspondence from Beamdog.

Edit. Got it late last night. Just a shipping label, nothing sent yet though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    I received the shipping label yesterday (Friday) evening. It's likely the parcel will be delivered Monday. Cannot wait! From the pictures in this thread, CE looks gorgeous.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited January 2017

I got mine today!

Its a very hefty box!

I am really impressed with the books! There is a ton of content to read through in the lore book, with nice drawings scattered throughout. The Adventurer's Guide has lots of the information I frequently look up on the Wiki, plus some info I have never seen before, such as a Bestiary for the game.

The only complaint I have is that the dice give you 2 d10 dice with 00's notation, there is no single digit d10. I guess that was a oversight/mistake during production.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase!

If I recall 1 dice had 10 and the other would have 01 unless I am mistaken.

Edit: Mine are like that so if yours are different that might be a mistake.
    I just noticed the "Quick Reference" in the game box is like a DM Screen. Good job guys! XD
  • PsiryuPsiryu Member Posts: 14
    South East Queensland Australian here, just got my copy.
    Thank you beamdog for a big olive branch to the CE gang. You done good.
  • Granas3Granas3 Member Posts: 41
    With regards to the d10s, is it all or just some that are missing the units die? Also, is there anyway to get a replacement d10 if you are one of the ones affected? (Live in UK, so not got mine yet, little bit concerned since the dice were a big part of why I ordered, particularly the fact that it was a full set rather than just d10)
    Granas3 said:

With regards to the d10s, is it all or just some that are missing the units die?

I'm not quite sure what the issue with them is. Mine seem fine. They both have '00' for 10 and 100 which, if that is the problem, isn't a big deal. If you're using them as just d10s then you know that '00' is a roll of 10. I guess using them as percentiles might be a bit confusing, but I don't think it's that hard to figure out which one means what.
    Oh, interesting. I guess I just got lucky then.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335

We believe that most, if not all, Siege of Dragonspear Collectors Editions have dice errors. At this time, we don’t have access to a supply of replacement dice which is one of the reasons why we’ve chosen to include a copy of our next game with all SoD CE purchases.

It took me a bit to process this. While it's great that you're making it up to your customers, I'm kind of shocked at this admission.

All of the dice have errors? That is unbelievable. Wasn't it the dice that held up the project for months on end to ensure that they were just as you (Beamdog) wanted them? How could this have happened without QA noticing?

It is what it is and I never really cared much about the dice, truthfully. But, it's a shame how difficult these dice proved to be to create.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I'm guessing it is only one of the dice that is erroneous, not all of them. But that error shipped to all customers.

Very curious about the new game!
  • CrazypeaCrazypea Member Posts: 8
    Anyone in the UK had their CE yet?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Vallmyr said:

Oh, interesting. I guess I just got lucky then.

"You roll your dice, and you take your chances."
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

We're currently working on a yet-to-be announced game. Because of the issue with the dice and the delays in getting the Collector's Edition to customers, we have decided to give a free digital copy of our upcoming game to all SoD Collector's Edition purchasers. Download codes will be emailed to customers shortly after the release of this new game, which will be released soon.

Awesome! Now if you could just send CE buyers an NDA and the name of the game, that would be great!
    edited February 2017

We believe that most, if not all, Siege of Dragonspear Collectors Editions have dice errors.

Are you able to elaborate as to what the error actually is? I'm not sure if the d10 thing I noticed is the problem or not. The only other thing I noticed is the marking on the d20 is smaller then what it could be which makes reading it a bit difficult.

If there's something I'm missing I'd like to know so it doesn't cause problems in the future if I use them for games.
    Post edited by Psiryu on
  • DerLeichsenringDerLeichsenring Member Posts: 2
    Hello, is there any Information about German shipping? If this like you said is send through an European Distribution Center does this mean there will be no more extra custom duties to pay at delivery?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Just a note: one of the d10s says "10", while the other one says "01". The dice are different, just not in an ideal way.