Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Yeah, I too own the PoE collectors edition and the map in that one was just awful.
    I am so happy to see that this one seems to have turned out really well!
    Troodon80theacefesCrevsDaak
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @theacefes...

Glorious... Just... glorious... <3

Can't wait for my (European) package.
    theacefesTroodon80Buttercheese
  • Cryonic2099Cryonic2099 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone received proper tracking information? It's been such a long wait that I'd hate to miss something this close to shipment.
  • 626_EXP626_EXP Member Posts: 33
    The only tracking i can get is if i use myusps.com, sign up, then it shows my incoming deliveries which have a tracking number listed by it. Beamdog themselves have not sent me a tracking number.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

@JuliusBorisov With these few cancellations, is it possible for @Mathsorcerer to get a copy now? n.n?

@typo_tilly I guess I won't know unless I try.
    Buttercheese[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
    Mine is showing out for delivery. Looking forward to it.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    This is released finally? Don't see any info in the e-mail about this.
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    edited January 2017
    Well I have a bit of a dilemma, I sent a follow up request on the refund status and received this-

"Your request (#24071) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
    http://

Beamdog Su
    Beamdog Support (Customer Support)
    Jan 21, 07:42 MST

Hello again Xxxx

I am sorry that it took so long to get back to you, any requests we had to make sure weren't already being shipped so we could remove them from our list.

Please note that it may take several business days for the full amount of the purchase to return to your payment method.

Regards,
    -C"

So I thought cool, sounds like the refund went through ok. Well guess what just showed up on my doorstep this morning,

So I guess that support was wrong and my refund request never went through. I haven't opened it, no idea what to do with it now. I'm glad that people are enjoying it and I appreciate the effort to get it to me, but it will be going up on eBay soon if anyone is interested. Nothing against Beamdog, but my financial situation has changed and I could use the money.

Post edited by Xerxes1811 on
    ButtercheesePaladin
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Hopefully Beamdog can arrange for you to return the box in light of your refund request. There's a chance the box was shipped in error.
    Wife sent me a picture of the shipping box...ultimate tease...I have to wait till i'm off work to finally run my hands over it...I feel like i've been courting a girl over a long distance for the last year and I'm just now getting to see her...
    R3fr4ct0rlolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

So I guess that support was wrong and my refund request never went through. I haven't opened it, no idea what to do with it now. I'm glad that people are enjoying it and I appreciate the effort to get it to me, but it will be going up on eBay soon if anyone is interested. Nothing against Beamdog, but my financial situation has changed and I could use the money.

Don't auction it on eBay just yet, @Xerxes1811 -- PM me first and we'll talk numbers.
    Dee[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    I just received my package and I have to say, it was worth the wait. It is amazing quality. The whole thing is really heavy and solid. It's worth far more than the price I paid.
    JuliusBorisovButtercheeseSjerrieCrevsDaak
  • pb299299pb299299 Member Posts: 3
    I just received mine aswell. I am very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the items.

I had high expectations for the map (and it did meet all my expectations and then some) but wasn't sure what to expect of things like the field report and coin. I'm very happy with the "feel" and weight of the box and field report in particular. The weight and thickness of the coin is also just perfect.

I was afraid of being disappointed by the map and coin and was honestly expecting a "faux fancy" cheap box and books. I'm glad I stuck it out and waited.

Great Job Beamdog!
    JuliusBorisovlolienRavenslight
  • Lehigh96Lehigh96 Member Posts: 23
    I just got mine from the mailman. I opened the outer box but am waiting till everyone else goes to sleep before I open and inspect the contents.
    JuliusBorisovlolienRavenslight
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I got mine in today... But didn't have the heart to open it yet. Its resting nicely with the other Baldur's Gate Game Boxes
    lolienJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I got mine and I am pleased. The box is very sturdy and the map and books turned out really nice. It's one of the better collector's editions that I have owned. Big thanks to Amber and the rest of the team for making this possible. The wait was crazy but the set is near perfect quality.
    ButtercheeselolienJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • galbymangalbyman Member Posts: 3
    Looks like a lot of people are getting their box. There has to be more like me in the US that has not received theirs right?
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    edited January 2017
    Interesting! I had such a poor customer service experience with Beamdog. Glad they've turned their customer service around, of late. I should note that the bad service I received was primarily just from the one fellow who seems to manage the support mailbox, who may not be a Beamdog employee, based on what Trent posted earlier.

Still waiting on refund, though..
    lolienRavenslight
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Caaaan we get a rough estimate on when us low-lifes back in Europe are gonna get our boxes?
    SjerrieCrevsDaak
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    Finally got mine today too. I'm really impressed with the quality of the box and contents. Everything looks much better than I was expecting. Hopefully Beamdog will release a collector's edition for BG2EE someday to complete the set. Although I hope that one doesn't take nearly a year to ship too.
    lolienButtercheeseJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • Cryonic2099Cryonic2099 Member Posts: 2
    While I will certainly think twice before ordering another physical product from Beamdog (not ruling it out, mind you), I have to say I'm pleased. Between the cost and delay, I was ready to be underwhelmed by the final product, but it rivals any other CE I've ever purchased. Not a perfect experience to be sure, but a pleasant outcome at least (or at last?)
    lolienButtercheeseJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • dancingcrabdancingcrab Member Posts: 15
    Really excited to everyone's positive comments! Mine came today, which was a big surprise. It's awesome.

However, I'm sad because my Adventurer's Journal has crushed corners. I guess the jostling in transit caused some damaged. It looks ugly on the front bottom left, but the back corner is worse and it comprises the ring binding. There were lots of little flecks on the box from where the print surface of the corners had flaked away due to the compression.

I've opened a ticket. I really hope Beamdog can sort me out with a replacement...
    lolienButtercheeseSjerrieRavenslight
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234

Caaaan we get a rough estimate on when us low-lifes back in Europe are gonna get our boxes?

Seconded! :)
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    this thread needs way more up close pics of the product, just saying
    lolienRavenslightCrevsDaak
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I can't help but wonder if the DVD will be released in Europe by Deep Silver/Koch International like the EEs were.
    RavenslightButtercheese