Skip to content

Bad@$$es UNITE! Support the Shorties!

AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
Glint Gardnersonson is an outlier. For years, a war has been waged in the halls of Beamdog. A war against gnomes. Today that war spilled out onto twitter.

Support the Short! Good or ill, let my boss know what you think of gnomes (unless you think ill of them, in which case, shut up.)

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Oh lookie, what a cute GOBLIN that is. :wink:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Gnomes are my favorite race! My gnome bardess, Piro, is my canon character for Neverwinter Nights 2. I especially enjoy recent lore of them being connected to the Fey races and such. I'd say she's pretty badass considering this little Bard murdered dragons, Liches, and even confronted Gods with song, magic, and her dual fey-blades (Seelie Summer Sword [+4 Flaming Feyduster] Unseelie Umbral Usher [+4 Icy Feyduster]).
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    What's more badass than eating your veggies? Shooting them at those who don't! Now I always wished that they were the alternate ammunition for Jans Flasher Launcher...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Never mind whether gnomes are badass or not... Where can I sign up to watch you guys snipe at each other all day? That discussion is hilarious!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Don't give up @AndrewFoley ! With your vision, gnomes will become the new elves, get our own lands and star in our own movie... We could call it... Gnords of the Gnings!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    If gnomes become the new elves, does that mean they will start living in tree houses and sing in mezzo-soprano from dust to dawn?
    *Gasp*
    But this gives goblins the chance to fill the void, create a steampunk empire and outclass the dwarves in both engineering and metalworkings techniques! Sweet! BRB, pre-ordering my goblin created high-tech Spelljammer airships!!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What is he holding in his hand?
    A carrot?
    Hard to be a bad ass when consuming vegetables.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I think we should focus less on the 'shorties' and more on the 'super shorties', like ferrets, hamsters, and squirrels. Those get even less love these days.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    At least gnomes get lots of class choices in 2e. Halfings hardly get any :(
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @elminster I still had to mod my game to play gnome druid :I
    Well, I also had to before, when playing a halfling bard ...

I am so glad they got rid of class restrictions in the later editions!