Skip to content

Have you decided what character you will take first into the Seige?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Elendar , no, that portrait has never been included with BG2, which was an oversight on Beamdog's part that was rated as low priority and has never been fixed. I'm hoping somebody remembered to put it into SoD and BG2:EE, because it should be easy to fix. The problem started because the portrait was paid dlc on mobile devices, but was supposed to be included with the PC versions.

And, I've always thought of Belgarion's first spell using the Will and the Word as more of a Burning Shroud, or even Immolation. That grandson of mine is so talented, he just skipped right over first level spells and went for the good stuff. ;)
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    I will probably start..err..I mean continue the adventure of "Priest Elorin" - Priest of Lathander.
    His party was Jaheira, Imoen, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir -> power of good :blush:

Only thing I wonder, and actually I haven't seen being mentioned, is in what "state" will the characters be when the game starts. You see in the last battle with Sarevok, Dynaheir was killed and never resurrected, since the "continue playing after killing Sarevok" mod doesn't work for me.
    I give it a 95% chance that she will be alive and well,
    but not for long anyway....he he he (evil laughter)
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    After some puter issues I don't have a character that has completed BG1EE ready to go but it occurs to me any of the half-gazzillion starting characters in my BG2EE folder should be ready to rock some SoD...

(assuming they can be imported) :)

I better go see if I can separate the wheat from the chaff...
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269

@Elendar , no, that portrait has never been included with BG2, which was an oversight on Beamdog's part that was rated as low priority and has never been fixed. I'm hoping somebody remembered to put it into SoD and BG2:EE, because it should be easy to fix. The problem started because the portrait was paid dlc on mobile devices, but was supposed to be included with the PC versions.

I used EE Keeper to extract it and put it in my BG2 portraits folder. With the same name you don't have to select it again, your character will use it automatically.

I'm leaning towards a Cavalier or my trusty F/M dual. Decisions...
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I will start from the beginning with my f/m/t elf.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited March 2016
    I probably will start my playthrought from the very beginning with my signature character, which is female arcane spellcaster named Areina. Some detials, like race and specialization differ depending of my current interpetation of character.

I am even thinking of the priest dualed to mage, as I imagine her to be preistess of Oghma who chose to pursuit arcane knowledge after her foster father's death. All well and good, but I really hate dual-class mechanics in this game.
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    Have played two characters to the final fight of BG:EE. First is a Human CE Assassin and second a CG Archer. Have used all the meta knowledge to do the stat increases for both. I may duel the Assassin to mage after 21 if that does not nerf the backstab multiplier to 5. Does anyone here know if dueling for Assassin nerfing the backstab mod?
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    edited March 2016
    Gorgar Irontusk - HalfOrc berserker dual wielding Varscona and Harrower. I used all the tomes and geared him with the best equipment. He is a monster. Decided to forgo blunt damage for once.
  • VojevodVojevod Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2016
    I think I will start as a Paladin and end as a Blackguard during BG2 or at the start of ToB with a tad bit of EEKeeper tweaking, although I'm still not sure on what kind of decisions I will be inclined to make in SoD the first time in.

But anyway, to me it seems that it would be much harder for a Paladin to accept his heritage, especially once the manifestation of the Slayer occurs. And while a way to play this internal conflict is the one of ascetic struggle that the game recognizes through dialogue, another route one could take with such a Charname is that of self-hatred. If Charname is a 'crusader' that despises all that is evil, he might as well make a Faustian deal with a devil in order to further his goal of ridding himself of his repugnant divine essence.
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    I will start a new character from the very beginning in order to experience all the new features introduced by SoD in the base games.

I will roll a berserker with 2 pips in both flails/morning stars and two weapon style. Yes, I'm aiming for the flail of ages - crom fayer combo lol. Oddly enough I never tried it before - I guess I'm partial to bladed weapons.

The plan is to play him as berserker during BG1 and dual class to cleric at level 9. Prior to SoD I could do this right at the start of BG2, but with the new cap there's the possibility of my character spending the vast majority of SoD under leveled...
    This is something I'll have to revisit when we know the exact level/XP cap.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited March 2016
    Garm wrote: »
    I will start a new character from the very beginning in order to experience all the new features introduced by SoD in the base games.

I will roll a berserker with 2 pips in both flails/morning stars and two weapon style. Yes, I'm aiming for the flail of ages - crom fayer combo lol. Oddly enough I never tried it before - I guess I'm partial to bladed weapons.

The plan is to play him as berserker during BG1 and dual class to cleric at level 9. Prior to SoD I could do this right at the start of BG2, but with the new cap there's the possibility of my character spending the vast majority of SoD under leveled...
    This is something I'll have to revisit when we know the exact level/XP cap.

@Garm
    I was under the impression that SoD didn't really add much to the base game but rather only started after you finish the final battle in BG1. Which is why I've got my Cavalier almost to that final battle and working on my Berserker-->Mage now as well to get her there.

edit: Unless you're planning on playing as the Shaman or the new priest kit there's not much point in waiting for SoD to come out instead of having a Final Battle save that you can start SoD immediately with.
    Post edited by Elendar on
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    @Elendar
    By 'features' I meant the new UI and the bug/balance fixes.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Garm said:
    @Elendar
    By 'features' I meant the new UI and the bug/balance fixes.

I agree, i like too much that now when i get a npc i can level up it and not taking what the game decided.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @Vallmyr, since you're using Tweaks anyway, you should be able to just remove racial restrictions with it and not have to EEKeeper the race. Unless the character is pre-existing?
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Probably will do a standard f/m run.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Jarrakul wrote: »
    @Vallmyr, since you're using Tweaks anyway, you should be able to just remove racial restrictions with it and not have to EEKeeper the race. Unless the character is pre-existing?

DERP
    Forgot that was a thing, you're right. XD
    Thanks!
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Waiting for 2.0 to be perfectly stable and then ill start over from bg1 of course.
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    Gnome Ilusionist/Thief, with is good friends Jaheira and Khalid, is weird lover Neera and his psychopath acquaintances Dorn and Viconia. He's all ready to go!

opqj506kgora.png
  • withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    Just finishing BGEE play through in anticipation. Perfect timing!
    vbcccxe2zaxr.png

he's an ugly bastard, but can knock the crap out of the bad guys.

Currently packing The Dead Shot +2 and The Burning Earth.
    Rest of the party:
    Ajantis
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Branwen
    Imoen
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    gonna restart with a new character as i'm gonna have to start a new game when i reinstall all my mods. he is based off a character from a story i want to write. half elf f/m. his alignment is the issue. leaning towards ng or cn.
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    edited March 2016
    I kinda plan on making a shaman but the 5 summon cap really worries me.
    I sincerely cannot see the shaman summons being better than the skeleton warriors, especially since you only get a chance of receiving summons which might as well not even be the best tier.
    And possibly wasting rounds like that spells a death sentence on AI mods like BG2 with SCSII unless you wanna get savaged by enemy spellcasters.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @RedWizard The shaman summons are quite different from anything else you've experienced in the IE games.

They are not as strong as Skeleton Warriors or Fire Elementals. But it's not the main thing about the shaman summons.

You summon them one after another, without any time limits. You just summon one new creature when you have less than 5 summons. They appear and appear, and appear, and enemies can't overcome them.

The shaman summons go away as soon as your shaman moves. They're nothing like Skeleton Warriors.

My favourite tactic with Shamans (I've used it in ToB): Summon several (2-3) regular creatures, and then during each fight summon additional creatures by your Shaman, summon them one after another. Enemies begin to kill them, you summon new creatures. All this time your regular summons help to take enemies down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Here's a version of Michael I was playing around with. I don't know if I'm going to reroll him or not when I actually start.
    6ynn0cdgrjza.jpg
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Member Posts: 24
    I recently finished BG:EE with a level 8 Fighter, which I'm tempted to dual-class to either Rogue or Mage (which was my plan upon starting BGII:EE, Rogue is probaly favourite as I don't really enjoy spellcasting and prefer leaving it to the NPC's), so will be using him, my finishing party in my final save is Ajantis, Yeslick, Branwen, Kiven and Imoen.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I'm a bit torn. I want to play a Bard, but I don't like my resulting thief options. Unless Glint carries over to BG2 or I can make my own team which includes a thief I can take from BG all through SOD and BG2. I'm afraid the canon party would displace my party in SOD though
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Winterisle wrote: »
    Gnome Ilusionist/Thief, with is good friends Jaheira and Khalid, is weird lover Neera and his psychopath acquaintances Dorn and Viconia. He's all ready to go!

opqj506kgora.png

Great to see that old portrait come to use again! I originally made it for a gnome assassin. :-)
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Now, I'm waffling...Seeing another shorty, I may have to take Durim Runeheart through SOD.
    t0sxkpzdjsxs.png
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Gonna start fresh. Thinking about natural dragon disciple or blackguard or cavalier. I had some sort of thief in mind, but i never played them as PC so i don't know which dual class combo or specialization would be strong, interesting, fun to play