Skip to content

Have you decided what character you will take first into the Seige?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I think I'm going to dust off my old buddy Michael Delborn, human battlemage (Fighter 6 > Wizard). He's the first character I played in BG back when it first came out and I've played versions of him in PnP from 1st Edition through 3.5.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I am going to go in with a CN Swashbuckler (5) / Fighter (no judging) with a final party of Imoen, Neera, Dorn, Garrick and Branwen.

I am kinda evil though, as with the play through, I have never met Khalid and Jaheria. I skipped the FAI and went straight to Nashkel and they disappear from the Inn if you don't talk to them prior to finishing the mines. I want to see how Beamdog handles the encounter in SoD.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I'm currently running through BGEE with Tamlen, an elven fighter/mage. I'm just waiting to get third level spells and the beautious creation that is stoneskin.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Just killed Sarevok with my SoD party. LN Priestess of Helm.

She was travelling with Ajantis, Xan, and Branwen dualed to thief. I'm crossing my fingers my party will carry over.
  • Lehigh96Lehigh96 Member Posts: 23
    I'm doing my first run through as the most evil bastard I can be. Playing a Blackguard that is immune to level drain and fear. Gonna be a pretty good tank I think and will partner well with Korgan in BG2.

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    thespace said:

BillyYank said:

I think I'm going to dust off my old buddy Michael Delborn, human battlemage (Fighter 6 > Wizard). He's the first character I played in BG back when it first came out and I've played versions of him in PnP from 1st Edition through 3.5.

Sweet! What kind of weapons does he use?
    Usually longbow, longsword and buckler. I've always played him more as a military mage than a fighter, so he concentrates on ranged weapons more than melee. If I roll a high strength this time, I might go with sling for the bonus.
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    I will be Altair, a fierce Half-Orc Fighter-Thief! I will travel with my cousin Dorn, Neera, Viconia, Rasaad and Coran (hopefully they all carry over to SoD). One of my first goals will be to try and kill Drizzt to get his armor and scimitars, nyahahaaaa... Am a bit afraid half of my companions might leave me at that point, though...
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    @Thespace & @Gangler: Where did you get your awesome portraits from? Personally speaking I'm still debating between f/m and f/m/t...
    @Lifat I had the same debate with mine, i eventually decided that the thief part was going to take far too much xp away from me. Fighter mage is already pretty slow levelling.
    I know what you mean about spoilers. This forum is better than most in that regard though.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2016
    I think I'll be unsubscribing from the majority of the threads I follow on here for those very same reasons, @BelgarathMTH. At the very least, I'll be avoiding the webpage for a few weeks while I play through the new game.

To answer the question about which CHARNAME to take on the initial play through, I'm leaning heavily towards using Klaus Sveldegard, a Paladin (Cavalier) of Tyr or Helm. I've used that name for a few PC game Clerics/Paladins in multiple platforms (NWN2, TOEE, IWD, BG). He'll be specced in Bastard Swords, Warhammers, and Axes in BG & SoD with S&S and Longsword added in SoD/early/mid BGII.

The Canon party members will be used for portions of the game, but Klaus, Ajantis, Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, and Yeslick will be confronting Sarevok at the end.
  • ImmaJellalImmaJellal Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    Most likely a Berserker dualing into Shaman if possible :csdsmile:

I will post the charsheet once SoD is out :v
  • limalama45limalama45 Member Posts: 32
    Currently playing my insanely evil (CE) Half-Orc Priest of Talos, Nox through BG1 and into SOD. Currently with his lover Shar-Teel (dualed to a thief), Dorn, Tiax, Quayle and Baeloth. I like my crazies! Hoping I can take most of them into SOD. We shall see.
    nox.jpg 420.1K
    thespace said:

Lifat said:

@Thespace & @Gangler: Where did you get your awesome portraits from? Personally speaking I'm still debating between f/m and f/m/t...

I just grabbed an image I liked via internet search for BG portraits and plugged it into this, to format it for the game:
    http://www.notra.fr/portrait.php
    That is so AWESOME! Thank you so much for that link!
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited March 2016
    Yup.. currently playing with this Cavalier, in Durlag's Tower after getting most of the good stuff from Baldur's Gate.

Most likely a Berserker dualing into Shaman if possible :csdsmile:

I will post the charsheet once SoD is out :v

@ImmaJellal I think they've already stated that Shamans wont be able to do dual/multi classes the same way that Sorcerers also can't.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Lysaeis II, cavalier in the service of Mystra. Lysaeis I was the first character I played through the whole series with, and Lysaeis II is her EE rehash. It only seems fitting for her to be the first character I play through the *new* whole series with.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited March 2016
    I'll enter the Siege of Dragonspear with my first BG:EE character, a gnome Illusionist-Thief named Carl, inspired by the sidekick of Gabriel Van Helsing in the Van Helsing movie of 2004, played by David Wenham. I created a portrait from a screenshot I made from the scene below the Vatican, where Carl shows off all devices he created that he gives to Van Helsing in his hunt for Dracula.

Final party was Minsc, Finch, Rasaad, Imoen and Neera, but I'm not sure if I'll take the same party with me in SoD. One thing is certain, Finch doesn't have any dialogue written for Siege of Dragonspear, the mod is not worked upon anymore content-wise. @Erg keeps it updated, but just for compatibility and bug-hunting, he's not the creator.

• ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    i want to try evil party, probley f/t.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Either my trusted cavalier who was the first I finished the game with. And the canon group. Or my psycho jester who has become another favorite of mine. It's definitely being one good and one evil play before I will read anything about the game online. And I need to get to know all the new NPC's as well.

Oh why does this game come after Easter? Really not fair...
    doggy said:

Oh why does this game come after Easter? Really not fair...

Eh? I thought it came out on the 31st... 10 days from now....
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

I have a feeling spoilers are going to be almost impossible to avoid on these forums during the first few months of release.

The moderators will try their best to edit thread titles and make everything else to eleminate spoilers, I promise!
    edited March 2016
    bengoshi said:

I have a feeling spoilers are going to be almost impossible to avoid on these forums during the first few months of release.

The moderators will try their best to edit thread titles and make everything else to eleminate spoilers, I promise!
    I also think that you'll find that most people respect the need for spoiler warnings a lot more with a new game than with a game that is a decade old. I get that spoilers is against forum policy, but I genuinly think people will take greater care not to spoil something new. I know I will at least.
    Lifat said:

bengoshi said:

Also, while I am against the idea of keeping away spoilers from decades old games and only try not to spoil because of forum policy, I would respect and try even harder when it comes to a new release like SoD.
    It would be a huge d*ck move to spoil anything from SoD without warning, at least for a year or two... And it would be against forum policy aswell.
    Lifat said:

bengoshi said:

Also, while I am against the idea of keeping away spoilers from decades old games and only try not to spoil because of forum policy, I would respect and try even harder when it comes to a new release like SoD.
    It would be a huge d*ck move to spoil anything from SoD without warning, at least for a year or two... And it would be against forum policy aswell.

Psst, Minsc dies in SoD. And then is resurrected by a giant space hamster god.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Elendar , @anyone : I noticed that you are using that portrait of the guy in gold armor and shield with red cloak for your cavalier, from BG1:EE.

Does anyone know if that portrait is going to be available in SoD, and put into BG2 for 2.0? I hate to use the portrait, which is one of my favorites, if it's just going to wind up being a big "?" as soon as the character gets exported/imported, forcing me to either change it or hunt down a copy I can download from somewhere.

Somebody posted it for me once in a forum thread, but I've since changed computers.

@Elendar , @anyone : I noticed that you are using that portrait of the guy in gold armor and shield with red cloak for your cavalier, from BG1:EE.

Does anyone know if that portrait is going to be available in SoD, and put into BG2 for 2.0? I hate to use the portrait, which is one of my favorites, if it's just going to wind up being a big "?" as soon as the character gets exported/imported, forcing me to either change it or hunt down a copy I can download from somewhere.

Somebody posted it for me once in a forum thread, but I've since changed computers.

No idea... is it not already available in BG2 now if you import the character over?

Also, how does Belgarion kill Chamdar so easily with a level 1 spell? (Burning Hands) :tongue: