Skip to content

Have you decided what character you will take first into the Seige?

Comments

• AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    @Mandragora, if you are looking for a thief combo, I strongly advise you a multiclassed Fighter/Thief. I have tried pretty much all classes and combos since 1998, and it is definitely my favorite, both extremely powerful and enjoyable.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Mandragora wrote: »
    Gonna start fresh. Thinking about natural dragon disciple or blackguard or cavalier. I had some sort of thief in mind, but i never played them as PC so i don't know which dual class combo or specialization would be strong, interesting, fun to play

Assassin or Fighter/Thief is probably your best bet if you really want a thief type of character (assuming you wish to use backstabs and such). Fighter/Thief is definitely the more powergamey option where as assassin is more about flavor. You could always go Swashbuckler if you don't care about backstabbing, too.
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Altair wrote: »
    @Mandragora, if you are looking for a thief combo, I strongly advise you a multiclassed Fighter/Thief. I have tried pretty much all classes and combos since 1998, and it is definitely my favorite, both extremely powerful and enjoyable.
    Elendar wrote: »
    Mandragora wrote: »
    Gonna start fresh. Thinking about natural dragon disciple or blackguard or cavalier. I had some sort of thief in mind, but i never played them as PC so i don't know which dual class combo or specialization would be strong, interesting, fun to play

Assassin or Fighter/Thief is probably your best bet if you really want a thief type of character (assuming you wish to use backstabs and such). Fighter/Thief is definitely the more powergamey option where as assassin is more about flavor. You could always go Swashbuckler if you don't care about backstabbing, too.

might as well try fighter/thief, gonna have party with no Imoen or Jan for once :smiley:
    could you guys point me to some guide on how to build it, weapon proficiencies, when to dual etc
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    For a multiclassed F/T, no need to dual at some point. You just start the game by creating a multiclassed character and choosing Fighter/Thief. During the game, experience points will be divided in two and you will automatically level up alternatively in each class. For the race I advise you a Half-Orc which gives you +1 in Strength and +1 in Constitution. For proficiencies you will need dual wielding, and I advise you to start with Scimitar weapons. If you can manage to kill Drizzt his +3 scimitar is one of the best weapons of BG1. Later for BG2 you can take Katanas, which will allow you to use one of the most powerful weapons of SoA: Celestial Fury (and as an off-hand weapon you will be able use Belm, which will give you an additional attack).
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    I am kinda going with the canon gang. Wanted to do a play through all the way to the end of throne of bhaal. So im going with Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, Dynaheir. However I usually love playing as a mage, but the canon is a pure fighter, I also thought the group mix was a bit low on the cleric/healing side. So I am going with a F/M/C at the moment. I have just made my way into BG so just got a bit more to go before Sarevok an having him game ready :smiley:

He is at the moment not using any mage spells at all going full plate mail with a warhammer +2 and a Large shield +1 and a normal sling for ranged attacks, also casting buffs and healing so playing him as pretty much a F/C. But I just got my hand on the Robe of good Archmagi so I should switch however smart as I was at character creation I made him good aligment and seeing as, Dynaheir, Imoen and my MC is all good aligment and mages. There can be only one! To wear it ^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    I'll be going with a hippy squad.
    Charname as a half-orc shaman for a bit of awesomeness.
    Kivan as a ranger for ranged support and occasional meatshield.
    Jaheira as a fighter/druid mostly for tanking.
    Faldorn as a druid so there's someone for my spirit wolves to eat if they get hungry.
    Neera as a *wild* mage (ok, that one's a stretch, but her and Coran are the most fitting ones remaining)
    And Minsc as Minsc because he's Minsc

The team lacks a thief (unless I swap Neera for Coran, but then I'll be without a mage), but I figure Minsc can break doors, and if I haven't memorised where every trap is by now, then I haven't been paying attention. Not sure which ones I'll be able to keep/swap for the expansion.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    And just defeated Sarevok with my cavalier and have my final save all ready to load up into SoD. I wonder if I'll get to keep that 120K gold I got sitting around? Maybe I should load up an older save and go collect some more, just in case. :P
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Sids1188 wrote: »
    And Minsc as Minsc because he's Minsc

And Boo.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    First I'm going to Transfer over My Barbarian Thrud ,who completed BGEE and a few more Groups that Completed BGEE. Then I'm going to make a couple Full 6 Character groups and probably play all night long....
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Jarrakul wrote: »
    @Vallmyr, since you're using Tweaks anyway, you should be able to just remove racial restrictions with it and not have to EEKeeper the race. Unless the character is pre-existing?

How is that done?

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    If you download and install the BG2 Tweak pack from the Gibberlings 3, it'll give you a lot of options to tweak the game, and you can just select the ones you want. One of them is an option to remove racial restrictions on classes and/or kits.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Actually, there's the new Tweaks Anthology that replaces the various Tweak packs. Find it here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48165/testers-wanted-tweaks-is-dead-long-live-tweaks/p1
  • Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
    I just finished up a HoF run in preparation for this, and I'll be starting up a F/M/C run on Legacy of Bhaal once the patch hits. I have Aldrea created and ready for action. I was waffling between her and a F/M/T run for a long time, and I even have both characters made in case I change my mind at the last minute. There's also a slight possibility I'll decide to make a half-orc shaman instead and really make my life difficult learning a new class on the hardest difficulty setting. I need to stop before I talk myself into this.

Here's Aldrea. I got the highest roll I've ever had for her in IWD, and just now checked and could import her to BG! Woo! She fits thematically with a legacy of Bhaal run since she's constantly pushing herself to meet new challenges. I'll probably rotate through the cast of NPC's over the course of the run, treating them more as occasional traveling companions than a dedicated singular party. I kind of like the idea, since I tend to end up using the characters I get at the beginning of the game, but would enjoy maybe 1-2 permanent members, and then a rotating cast.
    c0s9r7nq7imx.jpg

And here's Sveria. She doesn't have or need as amazing a roll as I got for Aldrea, and she's more of a closet sadist than a "push myself to my limits just for the sake of it" kind of character. It fits pretty well into BG as well, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that with all the monsters running around she has a "socially appropriate" vent for her sadistic impulses, and can hide her nature more easily. I don't know if I'd do the rotating cast for her, she values loyalty quite heavily, and would be more likely to run with a small group of regulars than run around with every adventurer on the continent.
    hfi89oicy1ny.jpg
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Decisions, decisions! I can use a save game of my previous Dwarven Bounty Hunter or may complete my current Elven Assassin run and export him (currently beginning Durlag's).

Option 3 could be to start a brand spanking new Elven Fighter/Thief run, like @thespace. I would play this guy as a gruff stealthy mercenary type, some sort of outcast worshiping Fenmarel Mestarine. Like my Assassin, he would be a wood elf focused on short bows and short/long swords.

Option 4 is a Dwarven Fighter/Thief dagger fighter, again a brand new run.

Am currently leaning towards continuing the Elf Assassin (same deity). Poison and traps are just too much fun together, plus already in Durlag's.
  • dradamdradam Member Posts: 9
    umqvxspzty1p.png

The first character I've made to actually finish BG1. I have chronic restartitis and only recently managed to finish the game with Nyl (pronounced nil, not nile), and I'm raring to go into SoD and BG2, her rise to ultimate badass has only just begun! The 94 roll took an hour and a half, but was worth it :smile: .

I've started an elf Stalker as well, but I'll probably put him on hold once SoD is out.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    dradam wrote: »
    umqvxspzty1p.png

The first character I've made to actually finish BG1. I have chronic restartitis and only recently managed to finish the game with Nyl (pronounced nil, not nile), and I'm raring to go into SoD and BG2, her rise to ultimate badass has only just begun! The 94 roll took an hour and a half, but was worth it :smile: .

I've started an elf Stalker as well, but I'll probably put him on hold once SoD is out.

That's some nasty conjunctivitis!
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    I'll be taking my semi-nostalgic party (nothing too fancy). My human duel wielding katana warrior Abdel (I like the name, not those dreadful books), along with Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc and Neera (instead of Dynaheir, who sacrificed herself to give the party time to escape the evil CTRL-Y monster).

edited March 2016
    dradam wrote: »
    umqvxspzty1p.png

Holy, she has 19 strength shouldn't she look more like this? XD

kick-ass-2.jpg
    @Skarose awesome character portrait.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247

@thespace I like that portrait and use it for Imoen.

bngg8pkrv5q9.jpg
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    Well I am doing a run with multi fighter/cleric
  • EnvygamesEnvygames Member Posts: 57
    I am still torn between my two Spellcasters...cant realy decide :/

• Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    edited March 2016
    Envygames said:

I am still torn between my two Spellcasters...cant realy decide :/

Both? Can make the whole party in single player now - don't need to exploit multiplayer. Can always have more mages in your party.