Illydth said:This is a very difficult fight in the game, let us know how you guys like it. It's not intended to be easy.
This is a very difficult fight in the game, let us know how you guys like it. It's not intended to be easy.
elminster said:I believe green dragons are native to the area (canonically). I'd expect a white dragon in a place like Icewind Dale (since its a lot colder).
I believe green dragons are native to the area (canonically). I'd expect a white dragon in a place like Icewind Dale (since its a lot colder).
ROQU said:I dont know how, but i found random a normal bow that makes 99-99 dmg... i just found on my stash and gave to Corwin, now basically she plays solo, this bow is epic bugge, i dont know what happened
I dont know how, but i found random a normal bow that makes 99-99 dmg... i just found on my stash and gave to Corwin, now basically she plays solo, this bow is epic bugge, i dont know what happened
Aerakar said:Last year on the forums someone found that using a throwing dagger will kill the dragon instantly. I have not tried this approach though and usually bum rush with liberal wand usage.
Last year on the forums someone found that using a throwing dagger will kill the dragon instantly. I have not tried this approach though and usually bum rush with liberal wand usage.
Leonel wrote: »
Hmmmm. Not sure but I can say that, you'll only have problems killing it if you aren't prepared and not having a proper tank to to confront it while your rear is attacking. But since my main is both a DPS and a tank, then meh 😅 Sorry Morentherene 😅
Here's a video of my battle vs her:
I also made the Wyverns and Young Green Dragon immune to the poison dragon breath. Otherwise, it's a pretty easy fight when they're getting blasted away by it.
- Cast haste on whole party
-Entered cave and had my main character tank the dragon
-Moved rest of party past the dragon and further into the cave
- Had rest of the party kill the wyrmlings while my main char chugged potions
- Once wyrmlings were dead, moved main character to back of the cave in the narrow arch where dragon can't get in, along with rest of the party, effectively causing the dragon to run up and down as it tries to get to party in a futile attempt.
- Used up all ranged spells on the dragon while it runs back and forth. Then finally moved in with fighters and finished the beast off.
(This was on core difficulty)
Oh and haste and all the other stuff like Corwin and arrows of piercing (she is a death dealer)
After getting my ass handed to me a few times, I managed to beat her on insanity. I found the adds to be the main problem. The Young Green Dragons might look like whimps, but their breath attack is just as nasty as their mother's. The wyverns hit hard but aren't such an immediate danger.
So here's how I did it:
1. Positioned my party near the far right (entrance to the temple). This way, I had the enemies coming at me through two narrow passages instead of one large one.
2. I had Corwin stationed at the mouth of the upper passage, hasted, buffed and equipped with arrows of dispelling. I also had my fighter/illusionist Charname hanging a couple of paces behind, ready to charge.
3. I had Glint and Voghlin summon skeletons/monsters at the lower passage. This triggered the fight. The dragon came at me through the upper passage while the adds attacked through the lower corridor, just as I had anticipated.
4. Corwin loosens an arrow of dispelling at the dragon, ridding it of its haste (and stoneskin?). My Charname charges, Corwin switches to arrows of fire. Poison breath hurts, but Charname and Corwin's combined DPS hurts more. Dragon starts losing health fast.
5. Minsc, Voghlin, Glint and Baeloth deal with the swarm of wyverns/young green dragons rushing through the lower corridor. Baeloth casts skull trap/fireball, Voghlin uses wand of fire, Minsc, under the protection of fire resistance/magic shielding potions charges.
6. Dragon dies. Corwin and Charname badly wounded/poisoned.
7. Adds start to die, but their breath attacks decimate my NPCs. I manage to kill two out of the three young greens before Glint and Voghlin bite the dust. Baeloth soon follows. In the end, I win the fight, with half my party dead. Thank Gods for that Bag of Holding...
All in all, twas a fun fight.
Minsc, Safana and Corwin went through a bunch of potions, my divine casters piled on the buffs and my arcane poured out summons ready to go. As soon as I saw the dragon, Shaman Charname and Viconia both used wand of heavens, and Dynaheir used wand of fire. Fight over, didn't even get attacked. None of the buffs/potions or anything had any effect, I barely even saw the enemy. The rest of the wyverns were mopped up by ranged weapons without getting close. Kind of an anti-climax.
Last time I ran a dagger-using thief through SoD I forgot about this tactic until I was already way further along, ironically.
Here's a video of my battle vs her:
I already defeated her before. Just redid it for video recording purposes.