Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    Next revision...my avatar! Before and after:

imageimage
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited February 2013
    @Isandir
    I really really like the revision of the barbarian portrait.
    On the contrary, I prefer the first version of the portrait that you use as avatar for a simple reason: it is lighter. The new one has too much shadow. I suppose this is the consequence of drawing 15 marvellous drow portraits :)
    Crossed fingers for "my" portrait. Do you plan to revisit it? I am in love with the first version, but a leather armor would fit better. I cannot cut throats and legs with a jacket XD
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    I currently play two different games, one with a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist and one with a Half-Elven (evil) Bard. Very strange to see myself with a 120 % larger nose (the gnome). :-D
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    wow, I just wanna say mad props to all the hard work everyone has done creating and collecting these to share. That's a lot of new portraits!
    Aedan said:

@Isandir
    I really really like the revision of the barbarian portrait.
    On the contrary, I prefer the first version of the portrait that you use as avatar for a simple reason: it is lighter. The new one has too much shadow. I suppose this is the consequence of drawing 15 marvellous drow portraits :)
    Crossed fingers for "my" portrait. Do you plan to revisit it? I am in love with the first version, but a leather armor would fit better. I cannot cut throats and legs with a kacket XD

@Aedan: The new ones will be quite a bit darker, mainly because I noticed light backgrounds stick out terribly compared to the vanilla BG portraits. If you'd like me to keep a somewhat lighter background for your portrait--which I will indeed be making again--just let me know. Do you want the Brandobaris armor I made or something different?
    @Isandir
    The background that you used for the first version of "my" portrait is fine. I really like it.
    A new leather armor would be awesome!
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    @Isandir

Any chance you could use your skills to finish this picture? It is in need of a background and some blending on the seams and a little polish. Much appreciated!

@Isandir
    I can't breathe.
    Really, this is freaking awesome!
    Hair: ruffle as I love
    Ear: very nice indeed
    Armor: that's THE armor par excellence!
    Face: well, it is my face, so it is adorable :)

Thank you. I realize I have been very demanding. Now I swear I will not bother you anymore.
    Aedan said:

@Isandir
    I can't breathe.
    Really, this is freaking awesome!
    Hair: ruffle as I love
    Ear: very nice indeed
    Armor: that's THE armor par excellence!
    Face: well, it is my face, so it is adorable :)

Thank you. I realize I have been very demanding. Now I swear I will not bother you anymore.

No worries. I enjoyed making your portraits, and they're good practice. Feel free to bother me with requests any time.
    Isandir said:

@jdemast: No problem. I'll work on it at some point tomorrow or the day after, though I'll probably just make an entirely new one at a higher resolution. Do you have any particular background in mind?

@Isandir: not particularly, its for my evil Fighter/Cleric so something dark and foreboding I guess lol :) Thanks for taking time out of your day for this

I also edited a Age of Conan picture I found to make a good barbarian female, but the colors and style dont exactly match up to the default bg style. How difficult would it be to make it match better? (There is also a arm part to another picture I couldnt fully crop out on the lower left hand side.

• AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    jdemast said:

Isandir said:

@jdemast: No problem. I'll work on it at some point tomorrow or the day after, though I'll probably just make an entirely new one at a higher resolution. Do you have any particular background in mind?

@Isandir: not particularly, its for my evil Fighter/Cleric so something dark and foreboding I guess lol :) Thanks for taking time out of your day for this

I also edited a Age of Conan picture I found to make a good barbarian female, but the colors and style dont exactly match up to the default bg style. How difficult would it be to make it match better? (There is also a arm part to another picture I couldnt fully crop out on the lower left hand side.

You'll find loads of better portraits of the same character, if you just google. I use her as Shar-Teel myself. :-)
    Astafas said:

jdemast said:

Isandir said:

You'll find loads of better portraits of the same character, if you just google. I use her as Shar-Teel myself. :-)
    Ya I looked for quite a few of her, but most of them I saw had her head tilted downward, which didnt fit the style I was looking for.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    @jdemast Hate to plug my own work, but I added a background to that picture here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/5339/alternate-npc-and-pc-portraits-because-im-bored-while-waiting-for-more-patches-to-come-out-p/p20

Bottom of the page. I understand if you'd rather wait for Isandir's one but I thought I'd leave that out there.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Can all of these be compiled into a single download somehow? I'd love to add many of these to my game if I can get new-resolution versions of all of these files easily.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited February 2013
    Hi.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Can someone baldurize this pic?
    Adequate coloring. And zoom out somehow... Make his head smaller or something like that...

BTW it's Ovechkin :-)
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Howdy. Is anyone able to turn this guy into a drow? Preferably with his hair still covering his ears. Mightly appreciate it.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @Isandir: Great job you've done with @Aedan's portrait! I like that armor! ;)
    Isandir said:

@jdemast: Here is the revision of the first one you wanted. I didn't turn every portion to black, but I can if you want it that way. I'll work on the other one when I have a bit more time.

@Isandir: I love it! Thanks for so much for working on this :D
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    @Isandir Excellent portrait. That guy radiates justice and make for a cleric of Helm or better, a Paladin worshipper of Tyr or Torm. A symbol of his deity encrusted in his magnificent armor would be a treat.

For reference on the symbols:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tyr
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Helm
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Torm
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    he kinda looks like fabio
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Isandir said:

I hadn't been very happy with the way this guy turned out the first time. I think this look suits him far better. I'll probably add the symbol of a deity in some way. Any suggestions or requests for a particular one?

"I can't believe it's not butter."
    edited March 2013
    @Foggy: It looked a bit odd when he just had it stuck to his armor, so I put it on a tabard. It definitely adds something to the portrait, and with a few edits, he could turn into a cleric, blackguard or paladin of a different god.

Post edited by Isandir on
    @Isandir Great edit, was wondering how a symbol gonna look on that chain mail weave, a tabard is definitely the way to go, it adds to the character. Using the portrait for an Inquisitor of Torm, thanks for your hard work!
    edited December 2013
    (double post)
    Post edited by Foggy on
This discussion has been closed.