Skip to content

[Quotes] More intruders have entered the complex, Master.

Comments

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I'm playing through the game again after about 12 years. So far my favorite quote is the guy in the inn in Beregost that says "Don't click on me, I don't want any trouble" when you click on him after a confrontation with his buddy (don't remember his name, I ended up killing him).
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,344
    I am...here to pledge...to you the love...of a poet and an artist. Take my fragile love, my...sweet, hold it in your...hands as a gaze upon you admiringly. Er...yes, that's right...
    Come with...me, my lady...and let me out damn insects! No, you fool...don't, uh...
    Um...excuse me for a moment...
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    Minsc: "A slap in the face of our trust! [...] A boot to the prunes of our friendship! Perhaps I go too far, but Boo is incensed!"
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2012
    @PhillipDaigle: soo, any chance we can have a sneak peek at 1 or 2 quotes from the new characters?? :D

"None shall see me... though my battle cry may give me away."
    We're a team...a team, that's what we are...and as long as we stick together, nobody can make us work!
    Silent? What kind of stupid right is that? You have to answer my questions or face arrest!
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Our library is a man's harem of knowledge
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Did i tell you the one about the turnips?
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Hey ya, it's me, Imoen.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    You want me to lead?!? Have you been hit in the head with a rock?
    I can dance on the head of a pin as well.

NO! I...REFUSE...
    Some quite new I just "ninjed"

"Do not annoy me with such simplistic notions of morality."
    Dorn Il-Khan

"In the face of lies, we offer truth. In the face of hatred, we offer compassion."
    Rasaad yn Bashir

"Casting wild magic is like playing a flute by ear. In magical terms, I can play a pretty mean tune, but when I miss a note the flute shoots fire at everyone."
    Neera the Wild Mage
    "I don’t want to seem...confrontational, but could you be a little less…well…evil."
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    GemHound said:

3. No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Heh, I love the irony of this one, because most players DO go around killing things for the experience. I'm assuming it was intentional.
    Honestly, I can't think of a life more tedious than that of an adventurer. Personally, I get far more out of wandering around aimlessly and scratching my arse like this.
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    "Yer a lucky fella aren't ya?"
    "Take your chance with Lady Tymora."

and my favorite: "Come in poor walk out rich!"
  • KietzelKietzel Member Posts: 40
    "Shar-Teel your lot in life is to make cookies and bear children. Now shut up."
  • StrangeCatStrangeCat Member Posts: 39
    BG2 "This is so much better then the circus"
    Been a year but I think I got that right.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Silence said:

Hey ya, it's me, Imoen.

I totally read that in her voice
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    For your information, a number of important sociological and psychological theorists have posited that stores exist in an intermediate space, neither private nor public in nature but combining elements of both. Displays in store windows, for instance, can best be viewed as mental constructs projected onto the public consciousness as a means of engendering mass conformity derived solely from the supposedly private domain of consumer choice..........
    "You are amusing, in a “what the hell is wrong with you” kind of way."
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    edited September 2012
    "Watch your words when addressing me, lest they'll be fed to you at the end of my boot!"
    Gotta love Edwin...

On a different note, I loved the way (supposedly) noblemen treated you in BG1:
    DON'T TOUCH ME! I am SUPER-IMPORTANT!
    They will never know how many times I was THIS close to slaughter them...
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited September 2012
    "The tale of your deed has already reached my ears...as such things tend to"
    Renal Bloodscalp

"Fear will keep you honest"
    Maevar

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,984
    @Moradin the priest in the temple east of beregost says that, so i kill his sirines for his rudeness :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    aww who kills those sirines. I like their singing, and unlike the ones in the wild they aren't hostile.
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Torlo - "Please keep your voice down, will you? It's hard enough getting the hang of this fish-wrangling business without you scaring them all away."
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Jan Jansen
    "Don't...forget...to raise...me..."
    "Don't mean to startle you or anything, but all these blood that is spreading out...is actually mine..."
    "I don't think I like your attitude much. You have all the makings of a nasty griffin. Which reminds me, you need a bath!"
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    "I hate those flaming fist pansies"
    "Montaron, you are so aggravating! 'Tis disturbing to my demeanor!"
    "huah, Time for a bit of a rough and tumble"
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    " 'Tis a fine day to die..."