Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Is PST EE also gonna be released on consoles like Numenera?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

No consoles for PST:EE. Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited March 2017

1) Numenara is NOT a Beamdog product, just saying.

2) From the Beamdog Store Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition page:
    It's Everywhere: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition can be played on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Find it on Beamdog, Steam, GOG, iTunes, and Google Play.

So, no.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    If I recall correctly, the object highlight function was first introduced in Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter, followed by Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal. Interestingly enough, the highlight key in IWD defaults to Alt instead of Tab.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I often use alt-tab when playing IE games
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Luke93 said:

Sooooooooo........ What's next :) ?

HAHAHA! I was wondering how long it would be before we had someone ask this. :smiley:

As someone who was never that big of a fan of PST (though I've pre-ordered the EE to show my support for Beamdog), my thirst for information about what Beamdog is upto also remains unquenched.
    ^
    I agree with @cherryzero. I loved PST. But I really, really hope we have a new 5th Edition game soon.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2017
    I never played Planescape: Torment before so I didn't think I would be very excited when it was finally done. Now that it has been announced, I must admit that it looks better than I thought it would (after doing some investigating), so now I'm seriously contemplating picking it up (still haven't decided if I'll wait to pick it up or just get it day 1). Honestly, I'm probably more excited by the idea of them patching up the other games and then moving on to other things. I would love an original game made by them but I'm also excited that Icewind Dale 2 is probably next on the list (after that, who knows? Maybe Neverwinter Nights, Dark Alliance, or Demon Stone, which would all be cool).
  • Ratibor92Ratibor92 Member Posts: 149
    What's next? IWD 2 EE or NWN EE?..))))About EE.
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    nwn EE would be great but I still play it at think it is one of the most atmospheric crpgs. Many say that graphics are bad but for me they are great. Still I would not mind updated engine/tweaks. And furthermore, it would keep modding community even more alive. Nwn has hundreds of great mods.
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    aarionn said:

nwn EE would be great but I still play it at think it is one of the most atmospheric crpgs. Many say that graphics are bad but for me they are great. Still I would not mind updated engine/tweaks. And furthermore, it would keep modding community even more alive. Nwn has hundreds of great mods.

NWN is an amazing game, there's still people creating modules and content for this game 15 years after release! Some of the best user-made modules are better than AAA RPGs that cost $60.
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    I think if they decided to release PSTEE they will go with IWD2EE to squeeze maximum profit from all that work with Infinity Engine. After that? I hope a stand alone product.

But I would love if they remake Gothic I, II, and III (with mods like "Extended Edition") with Unreal Engine 4, idTech 6 or Frostbite 3. :P
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Oooh I got a shiny new pre-order badge! Thanks Beamdog!

That's why make Arcanum:EE in the Infinity Engine! ZOMG!!1!1

Sigh, something like that is the pipiest of pipe dreams.

Phillip Daigle and Chris Avellone discussed this a bit during the livestream yesterday :)

www.twitch.tv/videos/133266809
    Sadly my hearing impairment doesn't allow for following things on Twitch. Someone should file a lawsuit against Twitch for not providing closed captioning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    If I recall they were like, "Oh we should do that! But wait who owns the rights for it? Eh, we'll do it maybe probably eventually."
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    It sounded more like "that would be cool, but who the hell knows."
    kanisatha said:

Someone should file a lawsuit against Twitch for not providing closed captioning.

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    bleusteel said:

YouTube provides captions on some videos. The results often range from questionable to hilariousily bad but it's better than nothing.

The automatic captions are more often than not quite atrocious.
    Twitch videos sometimes do end up on YouTube with the possibility of CC. Those of us who need CC do understand that live recorded video CC is going to be piss-poor, but it still does help and is way better than no CC.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    The only Avellone game i dind't like was KOTOR II. Felt too much like a hate letter to the Star Wars universe imo. The gameplay and the characters were Pretty good tho.