Skip to content

Petition: 2.0 for people who bought the physical release: MAKE IT ALREADY

do I even have to say anything? Beamdog seriously thinks only SOME of the people who bought the game deserve the patch?

please beamdog, salvage whatever credibility you still have, and give people who have bought the game physically the patch too! there is no excuse not to.
doggyGriboeAedanjackjackLoldrupspina555emanuelmentaBelegCuthalionKaliesto

Comments

• GriboeGriboe Member Posts: 47
    I'm not even sure I knew there was a physical release and I'm 100% behind this. GET THESE PEOPLE THEIR DESERVED UPDATES.
    jackjack
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I own the DVD version of both games (plus IWDEE) and I would like to see them updated. Thanks. :)
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    I own them as well (I'm a horder) and it has an update button so it should be possible.

I payed for this. Give me my updates. For both BG EE 1 and 2 please.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    I'm quite certain, even if you have the physical EE disks, that you can use the Beamdog launcher to update as well...

They're going to send you new disks or anything for the updates, nor should they.
    doggy said:
    Can you not go to the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition directory and run the file BGEE.exe? I doubt that the disk version of BGEE would have such different directory or file structure than the digital edition.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    doggy said:
    When I start the launcher it goes and checks for updates everytime. When there is one available it would pop up a button labeled Apply Updates on the left side next to the Play button. It took a couple minutes the last time when the 2.1 update was available for the button to show up. Also, you might try the small button in the lower right corner and choose "Reset Registration".
    jackjack
    My DVD versions have the update button but it is always greyed out. Nothing to update from the launcher. Ever. But make it possible as well as the online versions.
    Aedanspina555jackjack
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    there's no update button anywhere in my launcher (the screen where you select bg, black pits etc.)
    emanuelmenta
    LMTR14 said:

there's no update button anywhere in my launcher (the screen where you select bg, black pits etc.)

Mine showed up on this screen, the play button moved right and Apply Update was on the left.

Maybe try the button on the lower right and try a Reset Registration? It seems like it takes a minute or so to show up with teh apply update button, if i clicked play right away then I didn't get the option even after I knew the update was available from my other install.
  • TelendarTelendar Member Posts: 59
    I have the DVD version (Deepsilver editions) and I can not update the game.
    I tried to contact Beamdog and Deepsilver and they said that you can not do anything.

I find it really unfair, I paid for the game and I expect to be able to upgrade as all those who have purchased steam and gog.
    emanuelmentaKaliesto
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Currently there's no way to update the Deep Silver version of the game. It's something Beamdog are looking into, but they don't have a timeframe as to when it might be ready.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/743240/#Comment_743240
  • Stefano1993Stefano1993 Member Posts: 29
    I have the DVD version of all EE game, i want the update :(
  • wolverine_lellowolverine_lello Member Posts: 152
    Please Beamdog update the dvd version thanks!
  • emanuelmentaemanuelmenta Member Posts: 13
    i want the update too.
    Aedan
    BUMP til it happens!
    Aedanjackjack
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Maybe giving free beamdog or steam keys to download to those proving to own a DVD version would be the least complicated way instead of trying to "fix" this ...
    jackjacklolien
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Good idea.

Now take this petition to the company that is actually responsible for distributing the updates instead of the developer of the product and you may actually get somewhere.
    ThacoBell
    distribawho? the distributor of the dvd releases? why would I expect them to do anything about it? beamdog has to create the patch. this is beamdog's forum. am I missing something here?
    LMTR14 said:

distribawho? the distributor of the dvd releases? why would I expect them to do anything about it? beamdog has to create the patch. this is beamdog's forum. am I missing something here?

You may be missing the possibility of a legal agreement precluding BeamDog's ability to simply create and post the patch. If that was all they had to do, don't you think they would have done it already? Why would they have put out a version that intentionally could not be updated in any other way?
    ThacoBell
    incompetence.

I mean we are talking about the company that lost the right to sell its own game here...
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    As owner of the physical editions i do not want a steam or beamdog key because i already have them as well.
    What is the point of owning a physical edition if you have to go download the whole game elsewhere? A downloadable patch exe just like the original games would be easy storage for me (in case beamdog or steam stop hosting on the future).
    jackjack
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited March 2017
    *retracted*
    Post edited by Kaliesto on

Maybe giving free beamdog or steam keys to download to those proving to own a DVD version would be the least complicated way instead of trying to "fix" this ...

I made a topic suggesting the same thing! Anything to get away from ever doing business with DeepCrap & Raven's Folly.

Let me remind you guys DeepSilver recently made a terrible trailer for that Mighty No.9 game (Assuming this is the same company). I don't think I want to trust a company that seems..."questionable".
    Sure. It is not beamdogs fault that they have no update for the dvd version, I do not doubt that.

It's just that the dvd version also still contains some bugs and it would be great if at some point they can be fixed (downloadable patch makes sense, streamed update maybe, mod fixes probably how it will be done....).
    I don't actually need the v2.0 gui but critical bug fixes to quests that cannot be completed reliably would be very appreciated in the future.

But supplying the game through download completely defeats the purpose of a physical edition in the first place.
    I just never seen a physical version of a game ever have problems for patching information. Back in the day this was never a issue.
    emanuelmenta
    lroumen said:

But supplying the game through download completely defeats the purpose of a physical edition in the first place.

it helps to be stupid! apparently the age of steam already turned your brain to mush!

hint for you: once, a long ago, games bought were OWNED by the player. with rights like re-selling games you didn't want to play anymore. steam took away the buyer's rights and people LOVE valve for it. ergo, people who love steam are stupid and helped destroy the video game industry's integrity.
    Foxter
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I'm sure you are all upset, but as @JuliusBorisov Said, Beamdog is aware of the problem and they are looking into it. Sitting here and express your anger is not going to help. I don't think Beamdog just let it pass, if they could fix it, they would've Done so already, they don't ignore you.
    JuliusBorisovmf2112
    I certainly expect that they do their best to follow up in the best way. I have never had complaints about beamdog.
    LMTR14 said:

lroumen said:

it helps to be stupid! apparently the age of steam already turned your brain to mush!

hint for you: once, a long ago, games bought were OWNED by the player. with rights like re-selling games you didn't want to play anymore. steam took away the buyer's rights and people LOVE valve for it. ergo, people who love steam are stupid and helped destroy the video game industry's integrity.
    Really, dude?...

Get with the times, old man. :p