Skip to content

Petition: 2.0 for people who bought the physical release: MAKE IT ALREADY

2»

Comments

• LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    BUMP

LMTR14 said:

lroumen said:

But supplying the game through download completely defeats the purpose of a physical edition in the first place.

it helps to be stupid! apparently the age of steam already turned your brain to mush!

hint for you: once, a long ago, games bought were OWNED by the player. with rights like re-selling games you didn't want to play anymore. steam took away the buyer's rights and people LOVE valve for it. ergo, people who love steam are stupid and helped destroy the video game industry's integrity.
    Really, dude?...

Get with the times, old man. :p
    how disgusting to defend a system that carries only disadvantages for you and everybody else. you are nothing but a sheep that wouldn't move an inch even to avoid drowning

btw, BUMP TIL PATCH!!!
  • glenpglenp Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23
    I had to download the TOB 26498 patch back in 01 or 02. BioWare didn't provide a physical means to update the game so I don't see why Beamdog would be expected to now. Maybe I am missing the point to this thread though, oh well, back to looking for iOS update information..
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    LMTR14 said:

how disgusting to defend a system that carries only disadvantages for you and everybody else. you are nothing but a sheep that wouldn't move an inch even to avoid drowning

Listen up, sheeple. These are your options: shout at clouds or drown.
  • emanuelmentaemanuelmenta Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2016
    glenp said:

I had to download the TOB 26498 patch back in 01 or 02. BioWare didn't provide a physical means to update the game so I don't see why Beamdog would be expected to now. Maybe I am missing the point to this thread though, oh well, back to looking for iOS update information..

We don't want a physical cd with the update, we want just a patch to download and install over our (pre-instaled) game, just like you did with TOB.

The thing is, I can't update my (legal 20€) copy of the game, and I don't want to install another software like steam or beamdog launcher, and buy the game again.

(sorry about my english)
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    With beamdog stand-alone, you would not have to install any eco system like steam though ... You could even download (and think of it as the patch), and store it somewhere save, like a DVD, for future. A patch from 1.3 to 2.3 would probably be almost equally large anyway.

This is no excuse for the situation, but being radical in only accepting a diffed patch instead of an updated whole new copy just does not really make sense in the current situation.

With beamdog stand-alone, you would not have to install any eco system like steam though ... You could even download (and think of it as the patch), and store it somewhere save, like a DVD, for future. A patch from 1.3 to 2.3 would probably be almost equally large anyway.

This is no excuse for the situation, but being radical in only accepting a diffed patch instead of an updated whole new copy just does not really make sense in the current situation.

But I don't want to pay another 20€ for the digital copy.
    Still nothing...
  • YulYul Member Posts: 2
    Good evening,

As a lot of people, I bought a DVD/physical version of BGEE and tried to find how to get the last updates. I asked the Beamdog support, a guy named "Charles" told me tha tif I wanted to have the last update, I'd have to repruchase the game "from a suggested retailer (Beamdog/Steam/GoG)".

I understand that Beamdog advice NOT to buy the DVD version from Koch Media (owner of Deep Silver and Ravens Court (the publisher of physical version of IWDEE)).

Anyway, I bought a legal version of BGEE, and I'd like, as everybody else, to be able to get the last update. "Charles" told me that Beamdog is "planning on adding a way to update the physical copies, but [they] do not have an ETA or more details to give at this time."

I'd like more details.

I'm usually patient, but this discussion started in May 2016, and I'm posting this the 29th March... 2017... :neutral:
    I'm thinking... Do I have to contact Koch Media and explain them what's happening here?
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Yul said:

...Do I have to contact Koch Media and explain them what's happening here?

Yes, traditionally the publisher provides the patches, not the developer. The developer creates the patches, but the publisher needs to have a way to distribute the patch to their customers.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    bleusteel said:

Yul said:

...Do I have to contact Koch Media and explain them what's happening here?

Yes, traditionally the publisher provides the patches, not the developer. The developer creates the patches, but the publisher needs to have a way to distribute the patch to their customers.
    HOWEVER,

With Beamdog's new client they are attempting to find away to provide patches through that for the physical copies of the game.

The client only soft launched earlier this month and they are still attempting to work out the bugs and kinks with what it is suppose to do now, but maybe asking nicely in that thread may give you an ETA on when they might attempt to implement it.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited March 2017
    You know in retrospect I've learned some things, but why have most companies made it unnecessarily hard to get manual patches? I never understood this logic at all, and one day that stuff will back fire on most companies (especially when for example the PS3 Update Service is no longer around).

It's just dumb.

Also Rapsam I don't know if you were being sarcastic to him or not, but since you said "old man" then you don't understand how good computer players had it back then compared to now.
  • YulYul Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    "Charles" has no idea about an ETA, and I've read somewhere on this forum that nobody from Beamdog comes in this forum in order to give informations. I understand that it's useless to ask for it.

"Charles" confirmed today that if I want to get the last update, I've got to buy a second version of the game. I have already spent money to get BGEE, I don't want to pay a second time :neutral:

I will try to contact Koch Media, just to know what they say.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yul said:

"Charles" has no idea about an ETA, and I've read somewhere on this forum that nobody from Beamdog comes in this forum in order to give informations. I understand that it's useless to ask for it.

"Charles" confirmed today that if I want to get the last update, I've got to buy a second version of the game. I have already spent money to get BGEE, I don't want to pay a second time :neutral:

I will try to contact Koch Media, just to know what they say.

Instead of reading I don't know what, have faith! Developers are actually on this site each day! Moreover, we have a special forum section for question about the Beamdog Client - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63815/beamdog-client#latest.

I've passed your question to the higher-ups.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Yul

We can get the frustration that the thread is almost a year old without any definitive answer.

We have a plan to support updating physical copies through the Beamdog Client and just don't have a solid timeline on it.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Yay! Patches for everyone! Is the Mac App Store version any closer to being submitted for Apple review yet? (I expect it is scheduled after the 64-bit iOS update, but it never hurts to ask ;))