Skip to content

The dice gods laugh

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
So I was making a black pits party. Because the dialogue always talks about the party leader (especially BP2), and because all other gladiators come alone...I made a sorcerer with 5 "golems." That way RP-wise he is just like everyone else. Only he enchants his own golems...still a one man show. These golems were all half-orc berserkers with the same portrait and all had the same stats. 19-18-19-10-10-10.

I roll the first one. An 89. Not bad, but I drop it down.
I roll the second one. A few clicks later I get another high 80s. I drop it down.
Golem 3...is a 95. I stare at the screen, and drop it down.
Golem 4...another 95! Wtf?! I drop it down, cursing inside.

Why does this happen only when I plan to drop the stats? I really think that the dice gods laughed.

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @dunbar

Um...no, my creativity extends beyond over-used Internet acronym.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited May 2016
    Which is precisely why I wrote it out in full - it was meant to be a piss-take of all those acronyms that I thoroughly despise (as well as a mildly humorous comment and poor pun about 'rolling' and 'dice').
    Edited for clarity.
    Post edited by dunbar on
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Just wanted to say I think that idea is kinda funny, but you should have dropped the bottom stat line even further to reflect golems inability to take intelligent decisions or be charming to people.

I've been thinking of doing something similar, creating an animal companion for my ranger. I don't want Wilson, I just want a generic animal I can RP with... hmm.. I think I need to create a thread of my own for the next question.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Skatan said:

Just wanted to say I think that idea is kinda funny, but you should have dropped the bottom stat line even further to reflect golems inability to take intelligent decisions or be charming to people.

I've been thinking of doing something similar, creating an animal companion for my ranger. I don't want Wilson, I just want a generic animal I can RP with... hmm.. I think I need to create a thread of my own for the next question.

My first idea was to give them the same int and wis as the sorcerer to show that he controls them, but lowered charisma. But the rolling would...well...in theory...be difficult.