Skip to content

[Neverwinter] Latest Trailers! Neverwinter goes Ravenloft! And meets Acquisitions Incorporated!

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited August 2016
    @Shandyr skatan@7574

Edit: just reached level 10. It's kinda funny actually. Alot more "Diablo" than I had imagined, but I had done zero reading before I tried it though. The warlock is strong so far, but I guess all classes are during the mandatory tutorial phase of the game.
    Post edited by Skatan on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @shandyr I am playing in PC, and yeah I was sure that was my handle, but no longer :P I will check the next time I boot up the game. I have to admit I am a bit in love with my ugly-ass tiefling, almost to the point where I have to write his biography.

It's quite obvious the game was made for MP as the SP parts are a bit underwhelming. The character building seem very interesting though, with different routes you can go down and try to get synergies between different skills/powers etc. MMORPG's are new to me though, so I have to admit I am a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of extras EVERYWHERE. There are kits needed to open boxes, a ton of different valuables like stargems and whatnot used for bartering etc. And the 'campaigns', daily missions etc. It will take some time before I get used to it all, methinks.

I don't know how I will find a group, but I think I will try to find someone to play with a few missions. To try out the MP part.

There's alot of really funny mounts and minions running around. Yesterday I saw an elf in a really cool forestesque armor riding a polar bear! :D

Btw, I met Minsc yesterday. He looked like he had gone through plastic surgery and eaten all his proteins. He had the biggest manga-like babyface I ever seen and was like one third larger than my tiefling. Apparently humans can now become ~2.5 meters? :D
    Indeed, and for me who never played WoW or similar games, it is ofc a daunting experience to jump straight into. Fun, but something completely new.

I guess there will be familiar elements though, like finding the best places to farm for exp or items, finding the best pets that enhance your playstyle the most etc. I've read a guide to a DPS warlock now, so I understand at least some of the basics of the class. I know about all the common MMORPG roles even though I've never played one, like the tank, the nuke, the burst, the DPS yada yada.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Considering I'm going the pure damage way, which is apparently what the warlock is made for, I'll just see what pets and companions I can find along the way that help with that. But that ofc depends on whether or not I will play on my own or if I can find some temporary team mates, since with mates one can spec for one thing only but on your own at least some versatility will be needed.

That phoenix looks really cool!
    edited August 2016
    Shandyr said:

@Skatan

I sent a friend request to "Abyssion@skatan#7574"

Could you check if you have received any friend requests ingame? :)

Ofc, will check tonight if I login. Will also check for that guild invite you mentioned above. It's either that or going to a concert and drinking beer. Haven't yet decided.
    Gawd, this game is so.. unvelcoming at times. I can't reply to messages because I'm too low level *sigh*. I saw both the guild invite and a personal message from someone I assume was you, @Shandyr.
    edited September 2016
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    That looks super cool.
    Shandyr said:

Skatan said:

Gawd, this game is so.. unvelcoming at times. I can't reply to messages because I'm too low level *sigh*. I saw both the guild invite and a personal message from someone I assume was you, @Shandyr.

Nope. I only sent a friend request and I saw that you have accepted it.
    Otherwise I didn't sent any message :open_mouth:

Edit: Was there a level requirement for the guild invite too?
    Must have been some other dude then. Maybe my tiefling running around without pants caught his attention :smiley:

I was kinda in a hurry and didn't read very well, but yes, I believe I wasn't allowed to join the guild IIRC. I've been trying to splice in a little gaming in between other activities, so I don't read much in-game to save time. Eg. I haven't read a single mission/quest yet, I just run towards the quest path and kill/pick up whatever seems needing to die/be picked up.

Too bad the double-exp event was this weekend. I was fully booked from friday and until wednesday really, so no gaming hours during these days unfortunately. I think I reached level 15 or so last time I played and got myself a mount which I never understood how to ride on, haha :blush:
    edited September 2016
    @shandyr: True. I won't clutter your thread with more comments. I'll contact you if I see you online.
    edited September 2016
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Well, @Shandyr , I needed to log in first to know my character handle, I haven't memorized it, plus, I need to learn how to delet myself from my old guild so I can join yours. It took me a while to learn my character's handle, but here it is.

Zarkin Farlong@zalkoro
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    @Shandyr How do I get out of my old guild?
    edited September 2016