Skip to content

[Neverwinter] Latest Trailers! Neverwinter goes Ravenloft! And meets Acquisitions Incorporated!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Oh I see. That is quite odd.
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    The stronghold is looking a bit tidier :) Who let the stag in btw? The guards not doing their job again?
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    In my defense, he was too far away and had already ran off by the time I would have gotten close enough to him >.>
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited June 2016

I got a new mount today.
    It is Twilight Sparkle.
    It does a curtsy when I hit space.

WAT
    Pics or didn't happen.
    Also I'm totes ready to throw money at the game for feywild stuff next month. I'm now leveling a Halfling Hunter Ranger as opposed to my warlock. I'll have both hit 70 but I can't decide which first.
    edited June 2016
    Here is a pic for you:

Go with warlock, I haven't seen any warlock players so far.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Alright :3
    Warlock it is!
    I'd rather level my hunter ranger as a gnome anyway so hopefully that will be a thing at some point.
    edited June 2016
    edited June 2016
    In theory, I've got always time ... but it really depends on my mood when I play.
    Rather unlikely tho to spot me online before noon (your time).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Well, as I've said before, I have a lot of flexibility, but my schedule is very erratic so it's hard to pin anything down.

During the summer, I am off on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, with a good bit of free time on Sundays. That will change when Fall term begins.

I'd suggest Saturday as the day when the fewest people will have work commitments.

Then there's the whole issue of time zones. I never stay up past 9:00 p.m. or so my time, which is 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning over there. The earliest I ever play is around 9:00 a.m. my time, which is 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon over there.

So, I guess Saturdays between about 1:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. your time works best for me.
    Oh, sundays and saturdays are usually out for me.
    Today, we experienced both the worst and the best of this game so far.

The worst:
    - Literally copy pasted maps with a buttload of backtracking.
    - VAMPIRE DROW. WRITTEN BY SALVATORE HIMSELF. (It's so dumb. Oh gods, it's so dumb I don't even.)

The best:
    - Saw the best designed dungeon. Sadly way too short. There was a beholder (we wrecked his non-existend buttox.)
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Not sure if Feywild... or Candy Crush Vvardenfell.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    My schedule is very erratic, and my free time is limited. I can get on two days a week at most, and the days vary per week. I also tend to only spend an hour or two on the game since I have a pretty long list of other games to finish right now. :sweat_smile:
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    I'm pretty much the same as Buttercheese, I play when the mood suits me but if there's something in particular that's going on I'd try to make it but I'm unavailable Mon-Fri 8am-5pm GMT unless I have a day off :)
    I was kinda hoping to have it be a guild just for BG fans, but I guess that one is out of the question now.
    But it's your guild, so it's your deal.
  • VirsalusVirsalus Member Posts: 45
    I think I can see Shandyr's dilemma. There is the wish for a small or rather not too large community of people preferrably from here or very similar in mentality. Then at the same time there is the wish to be able to actually offer those people all of or most of the stuff that guilds have to offer their member in the game (guild bank, exclusive merchants, special quests, special buffs). Both can't be easily achieved at the same time because you need a lot of manpower to build up a guild in this game.

So if it had to be either of the two, it would be either have a really small guild with good people that would miss out on all the game mechanical benefits guilds could offer. Or go with a mass guild and lose the aspect of familiarity.

But does it have to be either? Can't there be some sort of middle ground? Keeping the core close together whilst inviting fresh faces to the crowd that may leave again or may stay, helping the guild grow and eventually maybe becoming part of the "family"?

Sure having a background with the BG games, the Forgotten Realms or D&D in general may be a bonus but is it a strict requirement for people to be sympathetic towards each other in this context?

My personal wish for this is to flourish into something that offers people a place to meet, have fun and maybe achieve one or two things in the game together while exploring it and talking about this and that. And I believe to achieve that, having more than five people around would be rather helpful.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2016
    "Sympathetic" as in "why are you playing it for the quests and lore, it's an MMO yo." Okay. ;-)

Don't misunderstand that, I certainly don't mind it—but it does came as something of a surprise that people are playing a game when they know nothing about it other than it being an MMO, and a bit more surprising to be questioned on my chosen style of play.

As Cheese said,

But it's your guild, so it's your deal.

edited June 2016