Skip to content

Diablo Minimal and No Reload Thread (spoilers)

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, for the point of the thread I know it's fine, and I've wasted more than a few Amn runes on Chains of Honour so I really have no room to talk.

EDIT: Wait, Chains of Honour wouldn't be a waste, it kicks ass. What I was always making was Honour.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

lefreut said:

It's the best 3 socket bow I had :/

Also this rune word does not require rare runes, I will be able to do it again when I find a better weapon.

This is the reason I wouldn't even think about playing without PlugY. You wouldn't even be able to afford the bag or stash space to hold onto normal items with sockets in the base game. It's really stunning just how BAD the stash space problem is in the base game. And it used be worse....
    Am I the only living person that likes space problems because I find them that they add more challenge to the game? T^T
    edited November 2019
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @lefreut
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    What a progress, @lefreut. Thanks to you I've googled about PlugY and now am very tempted to install it. I, like @CrevsDaak , have always thought that the inventory management is a natural part of D2, but indeed I wouldn't be able to keep all those set items without the mod. Also, new rune words...

@O_Bruce Thanks for those videos. Zaraki seems very brave! I would have teleported to the city once or twice if I played instead of you against Andariel and Duriel in those circumstances, but you didn't and it was so fun! Thumbs up!
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Joneleth reached Tristram and freed Cain. He built up clay golem and golem mastery skills, with some dim vision. Had one close call because of my inexperience with the consoles. (How you swap between skills? I remember pressing the function keys, but it doesn't do it to me for some reason.)

The boss fights were somewhat dissapointing so far, i managed to give only a glimpse on the Countess for example, and the battle was over.

Some of my loot:

And my level 8 character sheet:

edited November 2019
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    @lefreut some of the runewords are still ladder only ?

that's stupid. Doing a solo run can be pretty shitty when you have to play on servers (I'm on wifi, theres always a bit of lag involved)
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited June 2016
    lefreut said:

@JuliusBorisov Be aware that PlugY does not work with 1.14. The rune words are not new, they are from the ladder. I don't understand why they are not activated by default for offline players.

PlugY works with up to 1.13c. If you want to use it (and I highly recommend you do) then do a clean install and don't even touch the Battlenet button, and download that patch. A Google search will suffice. This is assuming you have a hard copy from the Battlechest. If not, believe it or not it is STILL always on the shelf at every Wal-Mart I've ever been in for $20. I have a feeling it's still a decent seller.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Progression: I managed to find out how to use skills and function keys together :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Congratulations to our first Destroyer - Kaelis!

That attack rating is simply insane ;)
    Oh, wow - Blizzard are in the process of hiring a Game Director for an unannounced Diablo project. http://wccftech.com/blizzard-hiring-game-director-unannounced-diablo-project/ I wonder if it's an expansion for D3 or D4?
    edited November 2019
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    @O_Bruce you got pretty close to death there. You should always try to get high lightning and fire resistance against Diablo's red chain lightning :o