Skip to content

Diablo Minimal and No Reload Thread (spoilers)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,748
    The adventure of Xzar

Xzar reached the Lost City and in nearly complete darkness made his way to the Claw Viper Temple. He found a chipped topaz and immediately put it into his breast plate. Later, he upgraded his gloves for even better MF chance.

In one chest Xzar found a gnarled staff providing the Blaze spell for a sorceress. It was a pity Isendra, a wizard Xzar heard about, was nowhere close.

Xzar had gathered a lot of shiny gems in his adventures. He decided to significantly increase the damage of his companion, Klaudia, and put the best of his gems into a long bow.

Approaching the main claw viper in the temple, Xzar blinded all other vipers there and then killed the beast with its own power - with poison.

These are Xzar's stats and skills now (as he reached the 20th level):

Nothing spectacular in terms of damage or defence, but high resistances and a high dodge chance.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @CrevsDaak - if the normal paladin build bores you, might I suggest going 100% for Vengeance and its synergies? I did the calculation once and the damage potential was rediculous, though managing the mana cost and skill distribution really makes the early->mid game interesting
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @SethDavis yeah, I've already went with a build like that, focusing on another skill earlier on (can't remember the name right now, the one right under Sacrifice...) and it's pretty good until you start to get swarmed with heavy hitting creeps or abusive ranged creeps (basically, once you get into Diablo's Temple, before that it's mostly good against everything). Also it doesn't help that my run with a Paladin like that is at Diablo but is still level 30 lol, so I can't get the juice I want from Vengeance. I think right now I'm gonna go with a Hammerdin, I don't think anything can go wrong on that one lul (I have already started playing but I need moar tiem to write my stuff ^^).
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I can't get Diablo 2 to work properly with my current Windows 8 computer and ATI graphics card. The 800x600 playing area comes up in a tiny little box in the center of my screen, and nothing I can do in my graphics card settings changes it. Has anybody here heard of that problem before, and/or know how to fix it?

I won't be able to play it if I can't get it correctly displayed. I don't want to change the default resolution, only to have the default resolution display properly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,748
    @BelgarathMTH http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/12373517535

You need to add -w to your gamepath in the command line, and then -nofixaspect with a space before the -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK9uhJtXnpA
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    This pair of gloves Kaelis has found will come in handy against Andariel. And the belt will come handy against Duriel....

Or in general if you find more pieces. It is a set for amazon, after all. @lefreut can I ask about Kaelis' stats and skills choices? What are you intending to use?
    An incredible luck for Kaelis! 2 set items on a normal difficulty in one Act I area. Cool!
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850

I can't get Diablo 2 to work properly with my current Windows 8 computer and ATI graphics card. The 800x600 playing area comes up in a tiny little box in the center of my screen, and nothing I can do in my graphics card settings changes it. Has anybody here heard of that problem before, and/or know how to fix it?

I won't be able to play it if I can't get it correctly displayed. I don't want to change the default resolution, only to have the default resolution display properly.

Have you downloaded the latest patch?? It's entire purpose was getting it to run on modern machines. If that doesn't help, set your application and the video test to XP Service Pack 3. Then download the d2 glide wrapper (just Google it) and put it in the game folder. Run the video test, and it will recommend switching it to Glide. Do so. That should work for any machine.
    edited November 2019
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @JuliusBorisov , thank you, the "-nofixaspect" command was what I needed. I'm not using "-w", because I don't want to play in a window. However, "-nofixaspect" alone makes it playable for me.
    edited November 2019
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    The last post is the overall problem I have with Duriel and to a lesser extent, Diablo himself. For certain classes and builds, the only viable "tactic" is using a town portal to get back to town and resurrect meat shields to have any hope of surviving. It couldn't have initially been designed that way, but good luck figuring out any other strategy if you are a ranged character (unless you are a Sorceress with Blaze).
    @lefreut Congrats on beating the Act II. You've started later than everyone and yet you're now leading! Also, what a luck to find a unique amulet!

Good luck in the Act III to Kaelis!
    And again, what a luck! I mean it's cool to find unique armors and weapons but as the game progresses you need better ones. But unique rings and amulets stay relevant much longer. And Kaelis managed to find Nagelring, one of my favourite rings in the game! It's interesting, @lefreut , that you don't have the Horadric Cube in the intentory. I always have it there because it provides the additional space. But again, you don't have many charms in the intentory and still have enough space. The inventory of Xzar is already nearly full, and he didn't even finish the Act II. Do you sell charms?
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
    But it still required a good preparation - I mean, the necromancer needed to be of the 24th level to face him. Because I would not attack it without Decrepify.